Stand Your Ground, Snyder

Last edited:
Don't care much about the NFL these days, and the Redskins are currently a losing team, but there's no reason to fold, especially just to move back to DC.

Redskins cannot move to new stadium unless team name changes: report
Its a non issue with me

I’m done with the entire nfl over pandering to black lives matter
I aagree. They have no idea who and what is behind blm. It definitely doesn’t care about all Black lives. It is marxism.

Don't care much about the NFL these days, and the Redskins are currently a losing team, but there's no reason to fold, especially just to move back to DC.

Im totally with you that the name shouldn’t change, but unfortunately it appears that ship has sailed. I’ve read Twitter reports that these discussions have been ongoing for longer than we’ve even known about an that a new name may even be announced with the next 48 hours.

I find that very interesting since trademarks, copyrights, marketing and licensing agreements, etc... take upwards of a year to get done. Snyder can’t have been looking for a change that long... it wouldn’t have been able to be kept quiet.

When I heard all the shit two weeks ago I was one of many who said they wouldn’t root for a non-Redskins logo/mascot. I’ve softened my stance a little. If they keep the colors, the “R” logo, and a two syllable name I MAY be able to maintain my fandom. Personally I like Red Hawks, Red Hogs, and Red Wolves.

If properly done, meaning no indian symbology, I MIGHT be able to accept Warriors. Especially if the logo was Spartan oriented (also a great potential business tie-in). Red Tails is a definite hard pass for me. I’m not trading a name that supposedly demeans One group to one that could be seen as offensive to another minority group.

Im totally with you that the name shouldn’t change, but unfortunately it appears that ship has sailed. I’ve read Twitter reports that these discussions have been ongoing for longer than we’ve even known about an that a new name may even be announced with the next 48 hours.

I find that very interesting since trademarks, copyrights, marketing and licensing agreements, etc... take upwards of a year to get done. Snyder can’t have been looking for a change that long... it wouldn’t have been able to be kept quiet.

When I heard all the shit two weeks ago I was one of many who said they wouldn’t root for a non-Redskins logo/mascot. I’ve softened my stance a little. If they keep the colors, the “R” logo, and a two syllable name I MAY be able to maintain my fandom. Personally I like Red Hawks, Red Hogs, and Red Wolves.

If properly done, meaning no indian symbology, I MIGHT be able to accept Warriors. Especially if the logo was Spartan oriented (also a great potential business tie-in). Red Tails is a definite hard pass for me. I’m not trading a name that supposedly demeans One group to one that could be seen as offensive to another minority group.

Someone said they should keep the name and change the logo to a redskin potato.

Forum List

Back