Spy Balloon

Should the Biden admin have shot down the wayward Chinese spy balloon currently traversing the US?

• Yes, spy balloons should NOT be allowed in US airspace.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. (state your reason)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Oh I am not sure but be sure we have something this is utter B.S it's the balloon that is big, you mean to tell me we have no contingency for this B.S. Besides they paid Joe Xiden well for this

From FoxNews...

"The U.S. government, including NORAD, continues to track and monitor it closely. The balloon is currently traveling at an altitude well above commercial air traffic and does not present a military or physical threat to people on the ground. Instances of this kind of balloon activity have been observed previously over the past several years. Once the balloon was detected, the U.S. government acted immediately to protect against the collection of sensitive information."

Was the previous admin also well paid?

From FoxNews...

"The U.S. government, including NORAD, continues to track and monitor it closely. The balloon is currently traveling at an altitude well above commercial air traffic and does not present a military or physical threat to people on the ground. Instances of this kind of balloon activity have been observed previously over the past several years. Once the balloon was detected, the U.S. government acted immediately to protect against the collection of sensitive information."

Was the previous admin also well paid?
Link, and dates, I also do not care who is in charge, shoot the thing down, the Chinese are posturing and need to be sent a message.

Link, and dates, I also do not care who is in charge, shoot the thing down, the Chinese are posturing and need to be sent a message.
We posture also with aircraft carrier groups sailing into Tawain straight waters or South China sea artificial island groups that China is claiming as their territorial waters.

A buddy tried to just post this pic to FB with the caption, I think we know why the balloon isn't getting shot down. Wasn't able to post the pic and got suspended from FB for 24 hours.

And it has not been captured / blown out of the sky yet because....?

"The Pentagon admitted on Thursday that the U.S. military has been monitoring what’s being described as a Chinese “surveillance balloon” hovering in the skies over the United States for days."

"There’s been no mention by officials of the threat of a dirty bomb or an EMP, although there’s been plenty of speculation about that on Twitter."

The Air Force at Malmstrom [Air Force Base in MONTANA] maintains 150 intercontinental ballistic missile silos across its 13,800-square-mile complex in central Montana.”

President Biden has refused to comment.

So, Biden.is just allowing a Chinese spy balloon to hover over US missile silos in Montana?!
- Compromised much?

What do you think the CCP would do if they found a giant US surveillance balloon fliating over China?

It's Hunter's.
He took it to the Ballon repair shop and forgot it.

A senior U.S. defense official, speaking on the condition of anonymity under ground rules set by the Pentagon, said the Defense Department considered shooting it down over Montana on Wednesday but decided against doing so out of concern for what might happen to the debris.

U.S. military officials are taking additional steps to obscure sensitive sites, the senior official said, declining to elaborate.

Why don't we shoot it down?

iu
Biden doesn't want to piss off his Chinese handlers.

so if we shoot a hole in the balloon its going to blow around like a party balloon with three school bus's connected to it??? its not that kind of balloon,,

you may want to reconsider next time you call someone else stupid,,
Speaking of stupid, it does not weigh as much as three buses. A balloon that size could not carry that kind of weight.

Montana is one of the most deserted places on Earth. If the balloon was shot down, the odds of it landing on anyone or anything are zillions to one.

A fighter jet could shoot it down with a single 20mm round.

Dude, the balloon wont do damage. That sensor array mounted on it could do damage, but i have to imagine that it isnt right over a city. Chances are it is in a place where it could fall out in the middle of nowhere in Montana. Besides, you dont have to shoot it down, you just send an electronics warfare plane up there to wreck the electronics. The balloon would still fly, but the sensor wouldnt work.

When i was in the NAVY i was an F/A-18 ejection seat mechanic. I remember once reading in a Military PUB (a technical manual that is "Confidential") that a formation of 4 EA6B's could in theory shut down the power to the West Coast by directing their radar dishes in a particular way, aimed at electric power grids. They decommissioned the EA6B's a few years ago, so i cant imagine i can get in trouble for that cool little fact now.

Ejection seat mechanic, had no idea they specialized that much in the military. Thank you for that.

Forum List

Back