Spy Balloon

Should the Biden admin have shot down the wayward Chinese spy balloon currently traversing the US?

• Yes, spy balloons should NOT be allowed in US airspace.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. (state your reason)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
That wasn't the path. FACT. What are you arguing about?
You demand I believe things not by showing any evidence of them but by writing FACT, behind it.

I’m arguing that you love to make claims without any evidence.

The Chinese have like 500 satellites in space. This doesn't count the information they probably get from the Soviets and what they can gain through espionage and trips to Mara Largo, Delaware etc...

The balloon is not a concern.

What should concern folks is this. If the balloon flew over the states that border Montana undetected...that is pretty bad. If it came from Canada and they didn't tell us/didn't know about it...that is pretty bad too. I doubt it got past our monitors. If so, we have a stunning hole in our defense system. My feeling/hope is that the guys and gals at NORAD/The Pentagon knew about it and just hopped nobody would notice it via cloud cover or whatever. I'm more disappointed that they thought it would go unnoticed
1675577459970.png

So, according to this guy, it was over Alaska and we apparently missed it...Canada Missed it.. That is more disturbing than anything else.

It seems that the Chinese have provoked the U.S. to set a precedent for limiting the use of such vehicles by the U.S. itself.

A little over a year ago there was an article in Popular Mechanics that ended with the words:

"President Biden indicated that after the withdrawal from Afghanistan, the U.S. will rely more on 'over the horizon' operations, in which there are no boots on the ground. This will place more reliance on remote sensors such as drones, meaning balloons might start to supplement and replace traditional varieties of drone. Theaters like the South China Sea, which call for persistent surveillance, might be a good fit for balloons. "

Apparently this is where the hesitation of U.S. leadership stemmed from: "To shoot down or not to shoot down?"

Now the Chinese can shoot down U.S. stratospheric balloons over the South China Sea, citing a precedent.

IOW, accurate and you have no answer for it.

If a Chinese balloon "briefly" breached US air space but then corrected, Trump was right not to shoot it down. But he would never have let the balloon travel across the entire continent.

IOW, accurate and you have no answer for it.

If a Chinese balloon "briefly" breached US air space but then corrected, Trump was right not to shoot it down. But he would never have let the balloon travel across the entire continent.
So it’s okay to spy on the us as long as it’s “brief”. Pathetic.

Trump was too big of a wuss to shoot anything down.

Forum List

Back