Spy Balloon

Should the Biden admin have shot down the wayward Chinese spy balloon currently traversing the US?

• Yes, spy balloons should NOT be allowed in US airspace.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. (state your reason)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
And then there is this little tidbit. I intentionally linked to a biased MSMS source just to make sure it would be considered “valid”.

Chinese authorities said Friday that a suspected Beijing-operated spy balloon spotted hovering over sensitive U.S. airspace was in fact a civilian airship intended for scientific research

China says suspected spy balloon over U.S. skies is a civilian airship

The funniest part is that those on the left in this country actually believe China that it was a “force majeure”. Hopefully out military isn’t so naive. I know the White House is.
Again, you attack people who don’t believe what you believe, even though your beliefs aren’t informed by any facts and indeed mere opinions based on deep seated biases.

Jump ahead 2 weeks...

In reaction to President Biden's lack of response to China's violation of US sovereignty by 2 earlier CCP spy balloons, the skies over the US now look like this

1675522079960.png

:shok:

ABikerSailor said:
Well, considering that the balloon was riding on the jetstream, and the jetstream goes right over Montana, it's not really hard to understand why it's flying over that state.

So the uncontrollable, free-floating balloon being propelled by the jet stream was able to hit the breaks, hover over US ICBM missile silos for a couple of hours, then continue moving on the jet steam towards a new destination?

ABikerSailor said:
Well, considering that the balloon was riding on the jetstream, and the jetstream goes right over Montana, it's not really hard to understand why it's flying over that state.

So the uncontrollable, free-floating balloon being propelled by the jet stream was able to hit the breaks, hover over US ICBM missile silos for a couple of hours, then continue moving on the jet steam towards a new destination?

The extremes to which the leftists go to deny they voted for a completely incompetent, demented coward who is owned by our enemies will be the destruction of this country.

Lord. It’s like some of you haven’t heard of spy satellites.

Again, you attack people who don’t believe what you believe, even though your beliefs aren’t informed by any facts and indeed mere opinions based on deep seated biases.

I posted facts, you didn’t. This isn’t a weather balloon, per the Chinese themselves. The odds this just floated to its current location in the jet stream are extremely, extremely low.

I posted facts, you didn’t. This isn’t a weather balloon, per the Chinese themselves. The odds this just floated to its current location in the jet stream are extremely, extremely low.
The Chinese described it as a weather balloon: a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes. Affected by the Westerlies and with limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course.”

I don’t know what it is, but I’m not all that freaked out about it. It’s a balloon.

Your “facts” come from the US intelligence community which you claim not to believe in the past.

The level of insanity coming from the right wing about this balloon is embarrassing.

People are starting..not anyone here LOL, but they are starting to recognize the downsides of these clot shots. I won't call them vaccines because they aren't...i will call them vaxxines though.

The Chinese described it as a weather balloon: a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes. Affected by the Westerlies and with limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course.”

I don’t know what it is, but I’m not all that freaked out about it. It’s a balloon.

Your “facts” come from the US intelligence community which you claim not to believe in the past.

The level of insanity coming from the right wing about this balloon is embarrassing.

What is embarassing is the total lack of common sense exhibited by this administration and the defense of their incompetency by the gullible people that voted for them.

The trade winds wouldn’t take this balloon to its current location in the US. Also, we had ample opportunity to remove this while it was over the Pacific. Why on earth would we let it continue? It makes absolutely no sense.

Several years ago I worked with a military lab trying to resolve the problem of having no communications in the middle of Iraq once we went in (no cell towers, satelute jamming, comm planes unabnle to fly over Iraq...)

This brainy team of nerds had two options:

1. Release a weather balloon on one side of Iraq catrying a limited supply of classified, encrypted radio gear and let it float across Iraq to provide radio abolity, then dropping the limited number of highly classified radios from the balloon before it drifted into China.

PROBLEMS:
- Limited # of these radios & dropping them from a balloon in the end
- Classified systems have to be controlled, requiring a US team to follow the balloon through Iraq in case it was shot down to secure the classified radios
- What if the classified rafios failed to drop before floating into China - would we go into China to recover them?
- Inability to control the direction of the balloon

FAIL

2. 'The Whale': A huge satelite/remote controlled 'balloon' carrying comm equipment we could fly across Iraq. It resembled a blimp / unmanned Hyndenburg with no passenger-carrying secrion.

PROBLEMS
- It was massive, bigger than the Chinese balloon
- It woud be shot down& a team was required to follow it and revover the classified radios.

These guys were extremely intelligent but had no opetational experience - we went with a 3rd option I helped develop.

The point is the idea of it being able to be controlled and flown by the Chinese is not only possible but very highly likely.

This thing dod not float by itself up the Aleution Chain, up towards the US, deep into US space, happen to show up over US ICBM missile silos in Montana, hover there despite winds for 3- 4 days, and just now seems to be 'floating' to another / other strategis US bases.

If you think THAT is what happened / is happening you're an idiot.
China has satellites
Tens of thousands Chinese tourists in the US...

Your fantasy makes no sense.

Yes of course I do... if it were driven merely by wind they would be able to tell... its a spy balloon not a weather balloon and it is being guided by the CCP and our military and Biden just allowed it to hover over numerous air bases and silos... an unheard of invasion of our most sensitive military assets and the document hoarder Biden let it do its thing....
To dream the impossible dream
Into yuor jeans you cream...

The trade winds wouldn’t take this balloon to its current location in the US. Also, we had ample opportunity to remove this while it was over the Pacific. Why on earth would we let it continue? It makes absolutely no sense.

You're right, the Trade Winds wouldn't take it where it went.

The Jet Stream would (and did) though. Might wanna look up "global wind currents" sometime on your Google machine. It will help explain things to you.

Thread summary:

Trump cult sore-losers -- emphasis on the "loser" part -- actually enjoy sitting in a puddle of their own stale urine all day long.

Thus, they seek out any reason to hysterically wet themselves. They don't care how stupid and crazy the reason is. They want to piss themselves, and nothing is going to stop them.
Pretty much. What I am surprised is there is a few ex-military posting to shoot it down. Well. they are discussing shooting it down once it gets out over the ocean. But, for laughs just for all the very low IQ poster's it's carrying biological weapons or some kind of nuclear device and we shoot it down, then what? Are these poster's ready to accept the consequences? Doubt it, then it would be Biden's fault that many were killed.

Pretty much. What I am surprised is there is a few ex-military posting to shoot it down. Well. they are discussing shooting it down once it gets out over the ocean. But, for laughs just for all the very low IQ poster's it's carrying biological weapons or some kind of nuclear device and we shoot it down, then what? Are these poster's ready to accept the consequences? Doubt it, then it would be Biden's fault that many were killed.
So we should wait instead until it floats over New York or Washington, DC - and the Communists decide to release its contents then?

Forum List

Back