Sponsors are dropping rush.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avMwkOnv6j0]Rush Limbaugh Show Opening Theme - My City Was Gone by The Pretenders [Instrumental/Rush Remix] - YouTube[/ame]

Any minute now the left's boycott is going to work and Rush will be off the air. Any minute.

More likely, Rush will be off the air because his business model will cease to work.

His business model is to make stations pay him to rebroadcast his show. Most syndicated shows don't do that. They do a mixture of syndicated and local advertisements. A few syndicators actually pay to have their show broadcast (Glenn Beck cough, cough).

The very fact that Cumulous is promoting Mike Huckabee's show indicates they are grooming a replacement for Rush.

Um...all you idiot lefties circle jerking over Rush's demise be sure to clean up after yourselves.

Any minute now the left's boycott is going to work and Rush will be off the air. Any minute.

More likely, Rush will be off the air because his business model will cease to work.

His business model is to make stations pay him to rebroadcast his show. Most syndicated shows don't do that. They do a mixture of syndicated and local advertisements. A few syndicators actually pay to have their show broadcast (Glenn Beck cough, cough).

The very fact that Cumulous is promoting Mike Huckabee's show indicates they are grooming a replacement for Rush.

Um...all you idiot lefties circle jerking over Rush's demise be sure to clean up after yourselves.

Again, it'll be his corporate masters who take him off the air, not us.

Again, it'll be his corporate masters who take him off the air, not us.

Ha!!! Here we finally have JoeB's admission that he is the leftist we all knew he was. :)

'Corporate masters' don't do a lot of advertising on radio these days though they do some. It is mostly small business that depends on radio advertising, or those selling products to a specific demographic. They really don't care about the content as much as they care about exposure to a target demographic. That is why ratings are so important to a radio station because they can attract the bigger advertising bucks.

The advertisers can react to real or psuedo public outrage over something like the Sandra Fluke bru ha ha, but in the end, the ratings still dictate the programming the radio station will carry. It will not be 'corporate masters' who take Rush off the air, if he does not retire on his own, but a radio audience that is no longer interested.

Currently Rush commands the highest ratings of ANY nationally syndicated radio show, as well as the confidence vote as the most trusted radio personality. He isn't going anywhere soon unless HE chooses to move on to something else.

Last edited:
Ha!!! Here we finally have JoeB's admission that he is the leftist we all knew he was. :)

'Corporate masters' don't do a lot of advertising on radio these days though they do some. It is mostly small business that depends on radio advertising, or those selling products to a specific demographic. They really don't care about the content as much as they care about exposure to a target demographic. That is why ratings are so important to a radio station because they can attract the bigger advertising bucks.

The advertisers can react to real or psuedo public outrage over something like the Sandra Fluke bru ha ha, but in the end, the ratings still dictate the programming the radio station will carry. It will not be 'corporate masters' who take Rush off the air, if he does not retire on his own, but a radio audience that is no longer interested.

Currently Rush commands the highest ratings of ANY nationally syndicated radio show, as well as the confidence vote as the most trusted radio personality. He isn't going anywhere soon unless HE chooses to move on to something else.

I think you are too dumb to realize it is big corporartions like Cumulous and ClearChannel that are behind Limbaugh, and when they figure he's too ugly to help them anymore, he's done.

They are realizing it now. As his sponsor decline, as he becomes more a liability than a help, you will see them promote "kinder, gentler" conservatives like Huckabee.

I think you are too dumb to realize it is big corporartions like Cumulous and ClearChannel that are behind Limbaugh, and when they figure he's too ugly to help them anymore, he's done.

They are realizing it now. As his sponsor decline, as he becomes more a liability than a help, you will see them promote "kinder, gentler" conservatives like Huckabee.

You are really delusional, Joe. But...whatever floats your boat is good with me.

You are really delusional, Joe. But...whatever floats your boat is good with me.

NOt really. Even republican leaders are uncomfortable with Rush and the amount of influence he weilds.

Don't believe me? Here's what David Frum has to say about it.

David Frum: Mike Huckabee Brings on Rush Limbaugh's Decline - The Daily Beast

To understand the power of Huckabee’s challenge to Limbaugh, you have to understand the strange economics of talk radio. Most talk-radio programs offer radio stations this deal: we’ll give you three hours of content for free. (Some programs—cough, Glenn, cough, Beck—have actually offered to pay radio stations to accept their content.) Those three hours will include 54 minutes of ad time. That ad time is split between the radio station and the show: each gets 27 minutes to sell.

In this world, Limbaugh is unique. He actually charges radio stations for his content: up to $1 million a year in a major market. Plus, he charges the highest ad rates in the business. Those two revenue streams—multiplied by more radio outlets than anybody else in the industry has—have made Limbaugh a very rich man. But those revenue streams always depended on Limbaugh upholding his end of the bargain: delivering the audiences. And on that count, Limbaugh has been notably failing.

As The Daily Beast’s John Avlon reported last week, the audience for right-wing talk has been shrinking since 2009. In some urban markets, Limbaugh’s audience has dropped by as much as half over the past three years. Limbaugh and other right-wing talkers have responded to this economic squeeze by a strategy familiar to Republican politicians: they have played to the base.

David Frum wasn't the first and won't be the last to think the Sandra Fluke thing would have more traction than it did. Most have already forgotten about it and moved on, most especially after all the facts were out, she came out looking worse in that fiasco than Rush did. The piece Joe linked is two more than two months old and contained material that Politico had to corect later.

And I just now, today, became aware that Huckabee has indeed expanded his radio experience and two months ago launched a three hour program in the same time slot as the Limbaugh program. The fact that I am just now hearing about it suggests it has not yet exactly enjoyed overwhelming success. When such dominant personalities as Bill O'Reilly and Fred Thompson were unable to compete successfully against Rush, I doubt Huck will have any better success. But I like Huck a lot and wish him well. Though I don't listen to a lot of talk radio these days, but if I do tune in to see how the current events of the day are playing in radioland, I can't imagine choosing a mellow and low keyed Huck over the more entertaining, more compelling, and usually more interesting personality that Rush offers. I can't imagine that Rush fans, of which I am not really much of one, would do so either.

David Frum wasn't the first and won't be the last to think the Sandra Fluke thing would have more traction than it did. Most have already forgotten about it and moved on, most especially after all the facts were out, she came out looking worse in that fiasco than Rush did. The piece Joe linked is two more than two months old and contained material that Politico had to corect later.

Minor points... seriously?

The Fluke thing has made Rush toxic.

And I just now, today, became aware that Huckabee has indeed expanded his radio experience and two months ago launched a three hour program in the same time slot as the Limbaugh program. The fact that I am just now hearing about it suggests it has not yet exactly enjoyed overwhelming success. When such dominant personalities as Bill O'Reilly and Fred Thompson were unable to compete successfully against Rush, I doubt Huck will have any better success. But I like Huck a lot and wish him well. Though I don't listen to a lot of talk radio these days, but if I do tune in to see how the current events of the day are playing in radioland, I can't imagine choosing a mellow and low keyed Huck over the more entertaining, more compelling, and usually more interesting personality that Rush offers. I can't imagine that Rush fans, of which I am not really much of one, would do so either.

Rush is losing audience... which is why he has to get the audience he has to listem more often, as Frum detailed.

I like Rush, his over the top rhetoric reminds me of a National Lampoon parody skit. Put your tongue firmly in cheek, and tune in Limbaugh. Let the madness ensue. It's so wonderfully insipid, he's channeling all three stooges at one time. A WISE guy, Eh? NUCK NUCK NUCK! Obama did it! WAMM! It's the liberals fault , SMACK! I think he has a career in comedy. Maybe Rush can get seltzer or cream pie makers for sponsors. I hate to see such talent go to waste.

Minor points... seriously?

The Fluke thing has made Rush toxic.

Rush is losing audience... which is why he has to get the audience he has to listem more often, as Frum detailed.

I've been reading the liberal hopefuls commentary on the internet for at least ten years now all saying almost plaintifvely how Rush is losing radio audience, how such and such did him in, etc. etc. etc. Yet Talkers Magazine, the Bible of talk radio ratings and news, has kept his audience steady for at least the last five years, and he remains solidly No. 1 in the business eclipsing everybody else in his time slot, and beating everybody else in all the other time slots too. The only one who comes even close to matching Rush's appeal is Hannity who usually piggy backs on Rush's show y immediately following Rush in most markets.

So rave on Joe if it makes you feel better. It makes those of us who look up the ratings and/or audience numbers think you're just doing wishful thinking, but hey, everybody has to have a hobby.

Last edited:

Don't bet on it. The country is becoming more conservative as time passes.
Not because people are necessarily that way. They are fighting against the tide of radical liberalism. They are sick of high taxes, political correctness, of labels, groups and all the other parts of liberal ideology which has in the past few years has created extreme divisiveness.
The main culprit, Barack Hussein Obama.
Conservatism will never go away. Neither will the media that speaks for us.

Guy, the Republican Party has lost four of the last five popular votes for president. (Yes, sorry, you lost the popular vote in 2000. Learn to deal.) Demagraphics are swinging against you, not for you.

Heck, even I finally walked away from the GOP in disgust. Romney was the last straw for me. Let it be the party of religious crazies, I'm done.

And it took over 600 seats in the 2010 mid terms. That number includes Congressional and State elections.
Next.

I've been reading the liberal hopefuls commentary on the internet for at least ten years now all saying almost plaintifvely how Rush is losing radio audience, how such and such did him in, etc. etc. etc. Yet Talkers Magazine, the Bible of talk radio ratings and news, has kept his audience steady for at least the last five years, and he remains solidly No. 1 in the business eclipsing everybody else in his time slot, and beating everybody else in all the other time slots too. The only one who comes even close to matching Rush's appeal is Hannity who usually piggy backs on Rush's show y immediately following Rush in most markets.

So rave on Joe if it makes you feel better. It makes those of us who look up the ratings and/or audience numbers think you're just doing wishful thinking, but hey, everybody has to have a hobby.

RadiomanATL, a guy who posts here, who is as right wing as you are, has admitted that Limbaugh and Hannity are losing audience share and have been for years.

And really, it only takes one good scandal to bring one of these jokers down. Just as "Doctor" Laura.

And it took over 600 seats in the 2010 mid terms. That number includes Congressional and State elections.
Next.

Midterms are meaningless. In nearly every midterm, the incumbant party loses seats...

A lot of those goons who got in in 2010 are going right back out in 2012. Joe Walsh, deadbeat dad, hypocrite and phony who happens to represent my district is going down in November, and good riddance.

RadiomanATL, a guy who posts here, who is as right wing as you are, has admitted that Limbaugh and Hannity are losing audience share and have been for years.

And really, it only takes one good scandal to bring one of these jokers down. Just as "Doctor" Laura.

Oh baloney. Hannity's market share is closest to Rush's market share mostly because he is carried on most of the same stations and usually follows Rush. Both have lost some market share only because Rush paved the way for a plethora of other conservative talk radio programs and each one does pull some market share. That is the ONLY reason Rush has lost any market share in the last 20 years.

You and your ilk have chortled and rubbed your hands in glee as each new 'scandal' is manufactured and Rush continues as #1 in all categories of his genre. I'm pretty safe in saying that the Rush Limbaugh Program will end when Rush gets tired of doing it and retires.

So who is paying you to pretend you are a conservative Joe?

Oh baloney. Hannity's market share is closest to Rush's market share mostly because he is carried on most of the same stations and usually follows Rush. Both have lost some market share only because Rush paved the way for a plethora of other conservative talk radio programs and each one does pull some market share. That is the ONLY reason Rush has lost any market share in the last 20 years.

You and your ilk have chortled and rubbed your hands in glee as each new 'scandal' is manufactured and Rush continues as #1 in all categories of his genre. I'm pretty safe in saying that the Rush Limbaugh Program will end when Rush gets tired of doing it and retires.

So who is paying you to pretend you are a conservative Joe?

Real conservatives, as opposed to religious nutbags being fooled by big corporations, which is the kind of "conservative" you are...

250px-Flock_of_sheep.jpg

"baaaa.....errrr....Ditto"

I woke up the moment that my Romney-loving ex-boss informed me that he was putting me in a dead end job so he could make room for a manager's daughter... That's when I realized, I'd been fighting for the wrong side all this time.

Not that the Democrats are the right side, but the first goal is to get the Republican's collective head out of their asses, and that's over Limbaugh and Romney's broken bodies.

Next.

Midterms are meaningless. In nearly every midterm, the incumbant party loses seats...

A lot of those goons who got in in 2010 are going right back out in 2012. Joe Walsh, deadbeat dad, hypocrite and phony who happens to represent my district is going down in November, and good riddance.

Not in such an overwhelming manner. Democrat analysts and the MSM were shocked by the results.
Once again, a liberal attempts to spin a loss into a win.
We the People are sick of radical liberal politics of Obama and his minions .

Really dude?....
You have no clue what you spew....
TALKERS.COM - "The Bible of Talk Radio and the New Talk Media"
2012 - Heavy Hundred - TALKERS.COM
Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings for fifth year in a row | Radio & TV Talk....
You need a relief pitcher.

Forum List

Back