Sponsors are dropping rush.

A few sponsors dropped out and others took their places. Ad revenue lost as a result...ZERO. And Rush is still getting under the skin of lefties on a daily basis. Which is a hoot IMO.

LOL the lies and garbage the far right believe never ceases to amaze me. There was a mass exodus of advertisers leaving Limbaugh. He was down to just airing public service announcements as there was no one advertising!
The boycott cost millions in revenues lost. :eusa_clap:

Rush Limbaugh Ad Boycott Cost Cumulus Radio 'Millions,' CEO Says

You are completely full of shit. I listen every day to part or all of the show. Ads ran during the controversy virtually as usual, not just PSAs instead. In fact, the only advertiser I was aware disappeared was Carbonite, but their competitor LifeLock immediately stepped in to replace them for a shot at Rush's large and lucrative audience.

Anyone else in here who listens will tell you the same thing.

A few sponsors dropped out and others took their places. Ad revenue lost as a result...ZERO. And Rush is still getting under the skin of lefties on a daily basis. Which is a hoot IMO.

LOL the lies and garbage the far right believe never ceases to amaze me. There was a mass exodus of advertisers leaving Limbaugh. He was down to just airing public service announcements as there was no one advertising!

Cumulus has only 68 stations in the small and midsized markets, many of those are not talk radio stations that would carry any talk radio and others don't carry Limbaugh in the first place. It is highly unlikely that any blowup re the Rush Limbaugh show cost them millions.

Rush is carried by more than 600 stations across the country and he pretty much has the choice to contract with the #1 station in any given market. And he has the clout to set the terms of what time slot in which he will be aired. Because his ratings eclipse everybody else by a wide margin, he has no lack of advertisers. Some might back off during a media firestorm like the stupid Fluke thing, but most businesses look for broad exposure for their advertising dollars and Rush gives them more exposure than anybody else. Even those who don't want to be advertised specifically during his show still benefit from the station being #1 in the market and that is often the case because they do carry Rush.

Last edited:

Cumulus has only 68 stations in the small and midsized markets, many of those are not talk radio stations that would carry any talk radio and others don't carry Limbaugh in the first place. It is highly unlikely that any blowup re the Rush Limbaugh show cost them millions.

Rush is carried by more than 600 stations across the country and he pretty much has the choice to contract with the #1 station in any given market. And he has the clout to set the terms of what time slot in which he will be aired. Because his ratings eclipse everybody else by a wide margin, he has no lack of advertisers. Some might back off during a media firestorm like the stupid Fluke thing, but most businesses look for broad exposure for their advertising dollars and Rush gives them more exposure than anybody else. Even those who don't want to be advertised specifically during his show still benefit from the station being #1 in the market and that is often the case because they do carry Rush.
Last time I checked Rush has his own radio network called rush radio. :badgrin:

I listen to Rush every day. That's how I know your claim is horseshit. In fact, some of the sponsors who dropped in are begging to get the ads back on his program, but he doesn't need them or want them.

I give Rush Limp Idiot only one more year..................................

Three at the tops...........................................................................

Three at the tops...........................................................................

nelson_haha.gif

And according to those wise folks at the Zsa Zsa Huffpost only 38 Cumulus stations are part of the 600+ stations that comprise Rush's Excellence In Broadcasting network.

How come we haven't heard back from the clown who claimed all the stations ran were Public Service Announcements in lieu of commercial spots?

If Rush hangs it up in the next one to three years, as Biker suggests, he will have enjoyed more than a quarter century of "excellence in broadcasting", most of it holding the No. #1 slot in most markets, and that is an impressive run for anybody. In three years he will be 64 and he could very well be contemplating retirement, enjoying more golfing or travel or football or any of the other things that are his passion.

I still remember the loud hoots and holler that Bill Clinton's election signaled the end of Rush having anything to say. Then the election of George W. Bush. Then the election of Barack Obama.

And if and when he does retire, those who hate him will be chortling at the failure of Rush Limbaugh. And not one of those who do that will have enjoyed a fraction of the success that Rush has achieved.

Rush is no angel. He has made really bad life choices at times, has endured addition to prescription drugs and a host of serious health issues. He certainly can be legitimately criticized for some of the things he says and how he says some things. Just as with all other public figures, he isn't everybody's cup of tea and everybody isn't going to love him. He is downright annoying and irritating to many.

But nobody can take his incredible success and contribution to Americana away from him no matter how petty, small minded, and hateful they are when it comes to Rush Limbaugh.

I recall something Rush said when talking about his wedding and conversations with Elton John. He said that in the conversation they both agreed that they'd never retire because they're doing exactly what they want to do for the rest of their lives.

Rush will probably retire for a few things. His health, or somehow being prevented from going on the air.

If that makes you feel better....
Hey genius, what in that cranium of yours makes you believe conservative talk radio will not continue well into the future?.
Given the fact that most Americans that listen to talk radio do not care for liberal hosts..So much so that liberal talk radio gets "niche" ratings. So low are the Arbitrons for lib talk shows, most are not even measured.

If that makes you feel better....
Hey genius, what in that cranium of yours makes you believe conservative talk radio will not continue well into the future?.
Given the fact that most Americans that listen to talk radio do not care for liberal hosts..So much so that liberal talk radio gets "niche" ratings. So low are the Arbitrons for lib talk shows, most are not even measured.

Yes, that is part of Rush's legacy and I can't see it going away any time soon. He is the one who broke the ground and put conservative talk radio on the map. And he opened doors for many many others as station after station abandoned their music/sports programming in favor of all news and talk radio. Those who can consistently command the audience that Rush commands are pretty rare, but he has lost some market share to the newcomers he paved the way for and they will continue on after he is gone.

Any minute now the left's boycott is going to work and Rush will be off the air. Any minute.

He probably doesn't even recall half of those years in broadcasting though the drug haze. What a Republican hero.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Any minute now the left's boycott is going to work and Rush will be off the air. Any minute.

More likely, Rush will be off the air because his business model will cease to work.

His business model is to make stations pay him to rebroadcast his show. Most syndicated shows don't do that. They do a mixture of syndicated and local advertisements. A few syndicators actually pay to have their show broadcast (Glenn Beck cough, cough).

The very fact that Cumulous is promoting Mike Huckabee's show indicates they are grooming a replacement for Rush.

Forum List

Back