Sponsors are dropping rush.

Oh baloney. Hannity's market share is closest to Rush's market share mostly because he is carried on most of the same stations and usually follows Rush. Both have lost some market share only because Rush paved the way for a plethora of other conservative talk radio programs and each one does pull some market share. That is the ONLY reason Rush has lost any market share in the last 20 years.

You and your ilk have chortled and rubbed your hands in glee as each new 'scandal' is manufactured and Rush continues as #1 in all categories of his genre. I'm pretty safe in saying that the Rush Limbaugh Program will end when Rush gets tired of doing it and retires.

So who is paying you to pretend you are a conservative Joe?

Real conservatives, as opposed to religious nutbags being fooled by big corporations, which is the kind of "conservative" you are...

250px-Flock_of_sheep.jpg

"baaaa.....errrr....Ditto"

I woke up the moment that my Romney-loving ex-boss informed me that he was putting me in a dead end job so he could make room for a manager's daughter... That's when I realized, I'd been fighting for the wrong side all this time.

Not that the Democrats are the right side, but the first goal is to get the Republican's collective head out of their asses, and that's over Limbaugh and Romney's broken bodies.
not able to find a single statistic or fact that supports your claims, you now attempt to divide conservatives into groups so that your argument has a shot at momentum.
Spin....FAIL.

I've been reading the liberal hopefuls commentary on the internet for at least ten years now all saying almost plaintifvely how Rush is losing radio audience, how such and such did him in, etc. etc. etc. Yet Talkers Magazine, the Bible of talk radio ratings and news, has kept his audience steady for at least the last five years, and he remains solidly No. 1 in the business eclipsing everybody else in his time slot, and beating everybody else in all the other time slots too. The only one who comes even close to matching Rush's appeal is Hannity who usually piggy backs on Rush's show y immediately following Rush in most markets.

So rave on Joe if it makes you feel better. It makes those of us who look up the ratings and/or audience numbers think you're just doing wishful thinking, but hey, everybody has to have a hobby.

RadiomanATL, a guy who posts here, who is as right wing as you are, has admitted that Limbaugh and Hannity are losing audience share and have been for years.

And really, it only takes one good scandal to bring one of these jokers down. Just as "Doctor" Laura.

Oh baloney. Hannity's market share is closest to Rush's market share mostly because he is carried on most of the same stations and usually follows Rush. Both have lost some market share only because Rush paved the way for a plethora of other conservative talk radio programs and each one does pull some market share. That is the ONLY reason Rush has lost any market share in the last 20 years.

You and your ilk have chortled and rubbed your hands in glee as each new 'scandal' is manufactured and Rush continues as #1 in all categories of his genre. I'm pretty safe in saying that the Rush Limbaugh Program will end when Rush gets tired of doing it and retires.

Rush has lost market share to other conservative talk radio hosts. Why? Because there are more of them.

And it took over 600 seats in the 2010 mid terms. That number includes Congressional and State elections.
Next.

Midterms are meaningless. In nearly every midterm, the incumbant party loses seats...

A lot of those goons who got in in 2010 are going right back out in 2012. Joe Walsh, deadbeat dad, hypocrite and phony who happens to represent my district is going down in November, and good riddance.

I was in the Reserves with the woman he's gonna lose to, btw.

:D

Real conservatives, as opposed to religious nutbags being fooled by big corporations, which is the kind of "conservative" you are...

250px-Flock_of_sheep.jpg

"baaaa.....errrr....Ditto"

I woke up the moment that my Romney-loving ex-boss informed me that he was putting me in a dead end job so he could make room for a manager's daughter... That's when I realized, I'd been fighting for the wrong side all this time.

Not that the Democrats are the right side, but the first goal is to get the Republican's collective head out of their asses, and that's over Limbaugh and Romney's broken bodies.

you're a conservative? Like a conservative commie as opposed to an orthodox commie?

I've been reading the liberal hopefuls commentary on the internet for at least ten years now all saying almost plaintifvely how Rush is losing radio audience, how such and such did him in, etc. etc. etc. Yet Talkers Magazine, the Bible of talk radio ratings and news, has kept his audience steady for at least the last five years, and he remains solidly No. 1 in the business eclipsing everybody else in his time slot, and beating everybody else in all the other time slots too. The only one who comes even close to matching Rush's appeal is Hannity who usually piggy backs on Rush's show y immediately following Rush in most markets.

So rave on Joe if it makes you feel better. It makes those of us who look up the ratings and/or audience numbers think you're just doing wishful thinking, but hey, everybody has to have a hobby.

RadiomanATL, a guy who posts here, who is as right wing as you are, has admitted that Limbaugh and Hannity are losing audience share and have been for years.

And really, it only takes one good scandal to bring one of these jokers down. Just as "Doctor" Laura.

WTF?

I've only said that Rush's numbers have dropped because of two reasons: 1) The cyclic nature of politics. In off election years people get "burned out" over the previous years high octane political hackery and there is very little for the talkers to really get their audience worked up over and 2) over-saturation of genre in the marketplace.

Kindly fuck you for putting words in my mouth.

And it took over 600 seats in the 2010 mid terms. That number includes Congressional and State elections.
Next.

Midterms are meaningless. In nearly every midterm, the incumbant party loses seats...

A lot of those goons who got in in 2010 are going right back out in 2012. Joe Walsh, deadbeat dad, hypocrite and phony who happens to represent my district is going down in November, and good riddance.

Not in such an overwhelming manner. Democrat analysts and the MSM were shocked by the results.
Once again, a liberal attempts to spin a loss into a win.
We the People are sick of radical liberal politics of Obama and his minions .

Actually, no, it really wasn't that surprising, given that the Republicans took heavy losses in 2006 and 2008, that they would make gains in 2010. This year, when Obama wins a second term, they'll probalby lose about 20 seats, putting Congress back in equalibrium...

WTF?

I've only said that Rush's numbers have dropped because of two reasons: 1) The cyclic nature of politics. In off election years people get "burned out" over the previous years high octane political hackery and there is very little for the talkers to really get their audience worked up over and 2) over-saturation of genre in the marketplace.

Kindly fuck you for putting words in my mouth.

Well, that's not what you said at the time... but that's okay.

you're a conservative? Like a conservative commie as opposed to an orthodox commie?

No, I'm the kind that realizes the inmates have taken over the GOP asylum.

Ike, Nixon, Reagan would be called "Commies" by you people.

I mean, Jesus, Reagan signed off on an outright amnesty for 3 million illegals, raised taxes, reformed social security by creating a huge new trust fund, tripled the national debt. He even maintained good relations with Unions and got the endorsement of the Teamsters.

At some point, the GOP stopped just being friendly to business and got bought out by corporations.

At some point, the GOP went from being for family values and run by religious lunatics.

To paraphrase Mr. Reagan, I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

Next.

I didn't vote for Duckworth in 2006, because I felt that she was somewhat vague on what she was going to do if she got to Congress, and because she didn't actually live in the district at the time. (Also, as I said, I used to be a lot more Right Wing).

Since then they moved my town out of that district and into the one represented by that stain, Walsh. So oddly, here I am in a position of having to vote for two Democrats at the top of the ballot because the GOP can't seem to find good candidates.

Getting back on point here...

Even before the Fluke Outrage...

Rush Limbaugh Takes a Hit as Ratings Crater 33% | The Wrap Media

Rush Limbaugh's rants against Obama-care and the great birth certificate controversy of 2011 have done nothing to lift the rightwing bomb thrower in the ratings.

Limbaugh's ratings fell 33 percent from October, according to a new study from Arbitron.

He's not the only ultra-conservative talk show host with listener-ship issues. Sean Hannity's afternoon show slid 28 percent from last fall, according to Crain's Business.

Ah, but don't worry, calling Sandra a nasty name definitely helped him out... right?

Limbaugh takes post-Fluke ratings hit - POLITICO.com

By DYLAN BYERS |
5/21/12 8:48 AM EDT

Rush Limbaugh took a significant ratings hit in some key radio markets last month in the wake of the Sandra Fluke controversy.

The conservative radio host's ratings fell 27 percent in the key 25-54 demo in New York City, 31 percent in Houston-Galveston, 40 percent in Seattle-Tacoma, and 35 percent in Jacksonville, according to a selection of the March 29-April 25 Arbitron ratings provided by an industry source.

Limbaugh's detractors attribute the losses to a rejection of the show following his controversial comments about the Georgetown law student.

Like I said, ratings won't be what does Limbaugh in. What will do Limbaugh in is when his Corporate Masters decided they need someone less repulsive to talk working folks out of their own best interests.... someone like Mr. Huckabee.

Rush Limbaugh's rants against Obama-care and the great birth certificate controversy of 2011 have done nothing to lift the rightwing bomb thrower in the ratings.

Limbaugh's ratings fell 33 percent from October, according to a new study from Arbitron.

He's not the only ultra-conservative talk show host with listener-ship issues. Sean Hannity's afternoon show slid 28 percent from last fall, according to Crain's Business.

Ah, but don't worry, calling Sandra a nasty name definitely helped him out... right?

By DYLAN BYERS |

Rush Limbaugh took a significant ratings hit in some key radio markets last month in the wake of the Sandra Fluke controversy.

The conservative radio host's ratings fell 27 percent in the key 25-54 demo in New York City, 31 percent in Houston-Galveston, 40 percent in Seattle-Tacoma, and 35 percent in Jacksonville, according to a selection of the March 29-April 25 Arbitron ratings provided by an industry source.

Limbaugh's detractors attribute the losses to a rejection of the show following his controversial comments about the Georgetown law student.

Like I said, ratings won't be what does Limbaugh in. What will do Limbaugh in is when his Corporate Masters decided they need someone less repulsive to talk working folks out of their own best interests.... someone like Mr. Huckabee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFNLn07Fu0]The Rush Limbaugh Show Theme Song - My City Was Gone - YouTube[/ame]

By DYLAN BYERS |

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFNLn07Fu0]The Rush Limbaugh Show Theme Song - My City Was Gone - YouTube[/ame]

JoeB obviously didn't read the whole story that he linked, or he would never have posted it. It actually explains the anomaly used to claim Limbaugh lost audience when in fact, his steady ratings are up when compared to the pre-Sandra Fluke bruhaha.

JoeB obviously didn't read the whole story that he linked, or he would never have posted it. It actually explains the anomaly used to claim Limbaugh lost audience when in fact, his steady ratings are up when compared to the pre-Sandra Fluke bruhaha.

If not Rush Limbaugh Joe B would be attacking anyone that went after obama he thinks he's so smart :badgrin:

That's weird, I was listening to Rush yesterday and he had commefcials, too many in fact for my taste.

Yup. When you have the #1 highest rated radio program that runs in a time slot in which many people of a certain demographic are most likely to be listening, most folks with a product or service or brand name to sell really don't give a flying fig what Rush's politics or personality quirks are. They are looking to reach audience, and the Limbaugh program provides one for them to sell to.

I didn't vote for Duckworth in 2006, because I felt that she was somewhat vague on what she was going to do if she got to Congress, and because she didn't actually live in the district at the time. (Also, as I said, I used to be a lot more Right Wing).

Since then they moved my town out of that district and into the one represented by that stain, Walsh. So oddly, here I am in a position of having to vote for two Democrats at the top of the ballot because the GOP can't seem to find good candidates.

Hell, MY district just became a Republican sinkhole. We don't even have a Dem challenger this year.

Hell, MY district just became a Republican sinkhole. We don't even have a Dem challenger this year.

It wasn't that long ago where the left wing nuts (not you) was saying the Republican party is dead.

It wasn't that long ago where the left wing nuts (not you) was saying the Republican party is dead.

:)

First God.
Then the GOP.
And now Rush.

They might get one right one of these days if they keep trying though.

Forum List

Back