Split Up California....I like the idea

This will never happen. First of all, the California state legislature would have to approve it and they never would. Then Congress would have to give approval.

This will never happen. First of all, the California state legislature would have to approve it and they never would. Then Congress would have to give approval.
You might want to read up on history say West Virginia VS Virginia?
i lived there for 48 years and talk of splitting was there my first year my second year and just about every year there after.....there is still one state.....

It's kind of funny that California is still sponsoring tourism ads on cable while they are considering secession from the U.S. and anarchists are rioting in the streets over the election. Maybe they should add "republicans should stay home" in the tourist ads. The honesty would be refreshing.

Years ago they were talking about splitting it in half. Ain't gonna happen.
California is facing a HUGE economic crisis. Northern Cali grows food and is in general republican. Southern Cali grows welfare roles. Economics MAY dictate the future.
I wouldn't have a problem with it.
California would be a lot better off if we took their statehood away and made them an American held territory.

California is facing a HUGE economic crisis. Northern Cali grows food and is in general republican. Southern Cali grows welfare roles. Economics MAY dictate the future.
California would be a lot better off if we took their statehood away and made them an American held territory.
Wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Wouldn't have a problem with that either.
It would get rid of a lot of their extra taxes, boards and mandates. Just their CARB laws effect the entire auto industry.

Forum List

Back