Spilled Colorado Bull Dog on my MacBook Pro Screen.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Grrrrr.....I was sitting on the back porch messing around on the internet when my female Boxer Betsy did Her usual.
She has a habit of not coming out when my Male Gadsden does,She waits for five minutes and then She wants out.This is frustrating for me since my hip is still all fucked up and getting out of my chair is frustrating and painful.
So of course She does Her usual and wants out five minutes after Gadsden wants out.....I get up and my hip decides to bind up and I reach for the table to stabilize myself and in the process I knock over my Bulldog and it gets on the bottom right of the screen.
That shit wasn't on the screen for more than ten seconds and it left a kinda ghost look on the screen.
This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty on a laptop and I'm glad I did.

Dropped it off this afternoon and for $299 they're going to rebuild it from top to bottom,new case from when I dropped it last year,new screen and anything else they can find wrong with it.
Not bad for a $2500 dollar laptop.

Grrrrr.....I was sitting on the back porch messing around on the internet when my female Boxer Betsy did Her usual.
She has a habit of not coming out when my Male Gadsden does,She waits for five minutes and then She wants out.This is frustrating for me since my hip is still all fucked up and getting out of my chair is frustrating and painful.
So of course She does Her usual and wants out five minutes after Gadsden wants out.....I get up and my hip decides to bind up and I reach for the table to stabilize myself and in the process I knock over my Bulldog and it gets on the bottom right of the screen.
That shit wasn't on the screen for more than ten seconds and it left a kinda ghost look on the screen.
This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty on a laptop and I'm glad I did.

Dropped it off this afternoon and for $299 they're going to rebuild it from top to bottom,new case from when I dropped it last year,new screen and anything else they can find wrong with it.

A $2500 laptop? We can only dream of such luxuries in Canada (government employees make enough for their "service" though).

shockedcanadian

After thinking about it I see your point.
We have relatives in BC. They live in the Kamloops area and have a weekend place on Lake Okanagon.
You rarely see new cars or new boats. Every one drives three or four year old cars and even older boats.
Here in Houston Texas damn near everyone drives a new car or Truck. Same with the boats on the coast and lakes.
It's common to see million dollar plus boats along the coast and 80k bass boats on the lakes.

shockedcanadian

After thinking about it I see your point.
We have relatives in BC. They live in the Kamloops area and have a weekend place on Lake Okanagon.
You rarely see new cars or new boats. Every one drives three or four year old cars and even older boats.
Here in Houston Texas damn near everyone drives a new car or Truck. Same with the boats on the coast and lakes.
It's common to see million dollar plus boats along the coast and 80k bass boats on the lakes.

That's because you have higher wages for good talent. You have more reasonable cost of living and less government hands in your pockets and creepy police officials milking the system for their families.

Toronto, Vancouver and now quite surprisingly, an old, dirty steeltown city named Hamilton are very expensive to live in for housing. It makes no sense. Canadians are regularly in the top of nations for money worries and consumer debt.

When I was in Texas I asked a guy who lived there how much certain homes in the area cost. I pointed to a fairly well kept two story home, maybe four bedrooms and a decent sized backyard and I recall how shocked I was with the price. It was less than half of what I would pay for the same in the Toronto area.

When you have more income and less used for basic needs, it allows you plenty of disposable income to buy your toys and pursue your dreams.

Last edited:

Must be an overpriced Apple.

You can replace it with a Raspberry Pi.....

shockedcanadian

The Wife and I have a 5k square foot custom home with a pool and hot tub on the sixth fairway in one of the top Master Planned communities in the US.
I't only cost us around 400k.
That was 15 years ago,we can now sell it for $650k with no improvements.
I'll never understand the left hating on Texas when they move here all the time.

You need to put in a doggy door so they can let themselves in & out whenever they want.........sure saves on the human body parts, that's for sure

With kids or dogs.......shit happens

Your place would be worth $850k+ here

JustAnotherNut
There really isn't a good place to install a doggy door unless we want to sacrifice an expensive door.
The only doors to the back yard are french doors with glass floor to ceiling,and all the walls are brick.

No slider? Our doggy door can be put it or taken out and fits in the track of the sliding glass door.

You could get a less expensive door to install the doggy door and if you do sell the place, put the expensive door back in ..just ideas

JustAnotherNut

No sliding doors.
From what I learned about replacing our french doors. Two of them ran for 15k installed.
And they have to remove the existing door frames since they install the new doors with the frame already installed from the factory.
At this point we plan on moving in the next few years to the boonies after living here for 17 years and we're keeping expenditures to a minimum.
We watched the neighbors do a total remod only to have the buyers rip it all out and do their own remod.
If I had to guess it was at least a $200k remod.
I'm not about to spend that kind of money and not get it back when we sell.

skye

They had their second birthday last week.
They say Boxers have the longest puppy hood of all dogs.....
And after having them since I was five I have to agree. They usually slow down a bit after three years but your milage may vary.

skye

They had their second birthday last week.
They say Boxers have the longest puppy hood of all dogs.....
And after having them since I was five I have to agree. They usually slow down a bit after three years but your milage may vary.

They are adorable! no doubt about it! :up:

Ugh. Those things are disgusting.

Crepitus

So you dont like white russians?
I like a good bulldog after drinking too much hard liquor or beer.
They dont give you a hangover like dark liquor.

But then I really dont give a fuck one way or another about what you think about my choice in drinks.
I can say I'd drink your limp ass under the table.

Forum List

Back