Spilled Colorado Bull Dog on my MacBook Pro Screen.

Grrrrr.....I was sitting on the back porch messing around on the internet when my female Boxer Betsy did Her usual.
She has a habit of not coming out when my Male Gadsden does,She waits for five minutes and then She wants out.This is frustrating for me since my hip is still all fucked up and getting out of my chair is frustrating and painful.
So of course She does Her usual and wants out five minutes after Gadsden wants out.....I get up and my hip decides to bind up and I reach for the table to stabilize myself and in the process I knock over my Bulldog and it gets on the bottom right of the screen.
That shit wasn't on the screen for more than ten seconds and it left a kinda ghost look on the screen.
This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty on a laptop and I'm glad I did.

Dropped it off this afternoon and for $299 they're going to rebuild it from top to bottom,new case from when I dropped it last year,new screen and anything else they can find wrong with it.
Not bad for a $2500 dollar laptop.

Grrrrr.....I was sitting on the back porch messing around on the internet when my female Boxer Betsy did Her usual.
She has a habit of not coming out when my Male Gadsden does,She waits for five minutes and then She wants out.This is frustrating for me since my hip is still all fucked up and getting out of my chair is frustrating and painful.
So of course She does Her usual and wants out five minutes after Gadsden wants out.....I get up and my hip decides to bind up and I reach for the table to stabilize myself and in the process I knock over my Bulldog and it gets on the bottom right of the screen.
That shit wasn't on the screen for more than ten seconds and it left a kinda ghost look on the screen.
This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty on a laptop and I'm glad I did.

Dropped it off this afternoon and for $299 they're going to rebuild it from top to bottom,new case from when I dropped it last year,new screen and anything else they can find wrong with it.

Yeah,Boxers are a bit crazy.
They have the longest puppy hood of all dogs which I like.
They're basically the clowns of the dog world.

First of all, I hate laptops.
They cost twice as much, run half as fast, and extremely difficult and expensive to repair or modify.
Instead, I get refurbished desktop computers for $250 with an i7 and 16 gig memory, from BTG.

A refurb laptop is more like $400, with about the same specs.
Refurbished is likely more reliable than new, and you can considered it just having longer testing done.

Sorry if this looks like a commercial, but I hate to see people wasting so much money.
There are lots of other companies selling refurb that are good, like TigerDirect, NewEgg, Wish, etc.
These all come with Windows preinstalled, and are perfectly reliable.

I get laptops from broke fuckers and shove linux mint on them. They last 6 months or so. Got a satellite now. Keyboard is bad.I'll find another shortly. $100-$150

There is no way to rebuild that machine from top to bottom, and certainly not for 299. You just got suckered

There is no way to rebuild that machine from top to bottom, and certainly not for 299. You just got suckered

It's an apple repair center.
It costs on average $755 to replace the screen and $700 to replace the case. If thats all they do I still come out way ahead of the cost of a new machine at $2500 bucks.
And apparently you totally missed the part where I said I got the extended warranty that covers everything from accidents and so on.
And yes you can replace parts if they're faulty.

So no I didnt get suckered.
Perhaps you've been suckered in the past.
Oh...with my extended warranty I still have two years of coverage at no additional cost.

So yeah...$299 is a bargain.

It costs on average $755 to replace the screen and $700 to replace the case. If thats all they do I still come out way ahead of the cost of a new machine at $2500 bucks.
And apparently you totally missed the part where I said I got the extended warranty that covers everything from accidents and so on.
I would throw away my HP and buy a new one and be way ahead of you. Apple makes expensive krap, nothing more however since I am a stockholder you can buy any warrantee that you like. Again you got suckered, why because you bought a warrantee and then shelled out more for refurbished used parts from the previous sham.

I would throw away my HP and buy a new one and be way ahead of you. Apple makes expensive krap, nothing more however since I am a stockholder you can buy any warrantee that you like. Again you got suckered, why because you bought a warrantee and then shelled out more for refurbished used parts from the previous sham.

It's okay to admit you cant afford a nice laptop.
I just handed down my last MacBook Pro to the wife and she loves it!!!
This after thirty years + of running "the other guys crap".
The only time I've had a Mac fail me was my own fault.
I've never had a virus on a Mac or any operating system failures.
Cant say that about all the others I've bought.

New Topics

Forum List

Back