Special Treatment of Trump's continued disrespect for the rules, and the law vs Chicago 7 and Manson Family in Court Houses

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The continued disrespect for the rules, and the law. We all know what Judges have done to people who's sole aim was disruption of court proceedings and getting out a political message. To deny that this is what Trump is doing, besides attempting to influence any jury pool is to deny reality.

While Carroll was on the stand testifying Wednesday, Trump was frequently agitated and could be heard making comments to his lawyers. That drew a warning from US District Judge Lewis Kaplan that the former president could be barred from the courtroom if he didn’t behave, prompting a sharp retort from Trump.

“Mr. Trump has the right to be present here, but that right can be forfeited if he is disruptive as what has been reported to me,” Kaplan said outside the presence of the jury. “Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial.”

Trump shook his head and threw his hands up in the air and retorted, “I would love that!”

Kaplan shot back, “I know you would like that. You just can’t control yourself.”

“You can’t either,” Trump said.

Carroll’s lawyer Shawn Crowley complained to Kaplan that Trump could be heard saying Carroll’s claims are false and sarcastically saying she had “finally gotten her memory back.” At one point Trump became highly agitated when Carroll said he claimed she’d “lied” at her trial. Crowley expressed concern that the former president’s comments could be heard by jurors and might influence them.

It's what Trump is doing.

Forum List

Back