Speaking In A Broom Closet

This is interesting:

3,300 will be 3-D and 392 will show on Imax's larger screens

‘Star Wars’ to Open in 4,100-Plus Theaters, Record for December
By Christopher Palmeri Anousha Sakoui
December 14, 2015 — 4:16 PM EST
Updated on December 14, 2015 — 7:31 PM EST

‘Star Wars’ to Open in 4,100-Plus Theaters, Record for December
Unlike the glamorous women from the studio years who were truly gorgeous, today’s liberal hags in Hollywood need a ton of makeup, and two dimensional images,
I hope the actors are not ugly in 3-D!

Frankly, I did not think 4,100 buildings in North America showing movies still existed. I imagine those multiplex theaters in one building count as separate theaters. The total number of single screen theaters would be more accurate.

More importantly, parents buy the tickets for their kids; so I’d like to know the number of ticket-buyers above the age of 21? Many years ago, people matured out of movies around the age of 36. The maturity age surely dropped considerably in the past twenty years.

Movie producers must supply theaters with new stock. When every town and hamlet had at least one movie house, every few years Hollywood would re-release an earlier hit. Today’s new movies are so terrible nobody wants to see them twice. I do not know how they overcome the stink factor today. I do know that one or two mega-hits a year is big news.

Bottom line: Everything about the movie industry is wrapped up in tax dollar subsidies. Someday the number of movies screens will drop so low it will become impossible to produce new movies just to keep the subsides flowing.

Forum List

Back