Spanish: Offficial Language of the US?

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Would you advocate a slow transition into making Spanish the official language of the United States over the course of 30-100 years?

Phase One: Require 4th & 5th grade classes to be 100% in Spanish for public and private schools. Starting July 1, 2030.

Phase Two: Require all public and private schools to be 100% in Spanish. Starting July 1, 2041. All government documents will be made public in English and in Spanish.

Phase Three: Require 30% of every government agency to be bi-lingual. Then 40, then 50, then 60, then 70, then 80, then 90. 2050/2051/2052/2053/2054/2055/2056

Phase Four: All street names, all government documents, all employees, anything government related will be 100% in Spanish. July 1, 2070.

The United States officially changes their name to North Mexico and translates their constitution into Spanish.

Last edited:
This is just an idea off of the cuff. Of course in can be polished into a smoother transition.
A little early to be hittin' the bottle, isn't it?

So no?

Hell no. Why would anyone even consider something like that?

Why don't we also open the southern border and say "Ya'll come on in! We speak your language now.."?

Or better yet, make Pashto our official language so the Taliban will have no problem understanding us. Ya'll come on in!

Or Russian, for that matter. That way, they won't have to use all those translators when they post their trolling on social media, for the 2020 election.

Bad idea.

9cff3b9fc99a48aa44742e27c3d06e05a6798b65985baf61a558aff0185076d8.jpg

No. Hell No. Fucking Hell No!!!!!!

I constantly renting my father in law that he hasn’t lived in Puerto Rico for 40+ years and unless he’s talking to my mother in law about things the kids don’t need to hear has no reason to be speaking Spanish in my house.

Go to Miami Florida or LosAngeles California and many other Hispanic dominant places in the US, then get back to us.
The percentage of Spanish speaking America is RAPIDLY increasing. Fort Lauderdale is converting slowly.

so, it's already the "Official" language of a significant and rapidly increasing swath of the USA right now.

There are as many Spanish speaking only TV stations in South Florida as there are English speaking TV stations.

(But the Spanish speaking stations have MUCH better reception.)

This is just an idea off of the cuff. Of course in can be polished into a smoother transition.

So no?

Why don't we also open the southern border and say "Ya'll come on in! We speak your language now.."?

Or better yet, make Pashto our official language so the Taliban will have no problem understanding us. Ya'll come on in!

Or Russian, for that matter. That way, they won't have to use all those translators when they post their trolling on social media, for the 2020 election.

Bad idea.

The Taliban are a military threat to us. So I can easily argue against that one. The Russian idea is fine. The only reason I suggested Spanish is because we have so many nearby countries with a Spanish speaking population. A lot of them are already here and there will probably be more in the future. It seems more practical to adapt to this inevitable trend rather than to resist it.

We share a border with Mexico, Canada and arguably Cuba. There are also other nearby Spanish speaking countries such as Honduras, Guatemala and the Domincan Republic. As far as I can tell these are friendly allies to the United States militarily and economically. Why is it necessary to hold on to animosity between them culturally?

I see the cultures of these countries as a possinlr positive contribution to the United States of America in a much more meaningful way than Russia, Canada, Romania, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Haiti, France, Denmark or Norway could.

What negatives could result by welcoming influence from Spanish speaking people upon America? China and India both have populations surpassing 1 billion people. How can we continue competing with them with one third of their population. We need massive growth and I prefer growing through an influx of immigrants from our geographical neighbors to enhance our empire. If we closed them off and instead welcomed immigrants from other countries then the growth would be much slower.

So no?

Bad idea.

The Taliban are a military threat to us. So I can easily argue against that one. The Russian idea is fine. The only reason I suggested Spanish is because we have so many nearby countries with a Spanish speaking population. A lot of them are already here and there will probably be more in the future. It seems more practical to adapt to this inevitable trend rather than to resist it.

We share a border with Mexico, Canada and arguably Cuba. There are also other nearby Spanish speaking countries such as Honduras, Guatemala and the Domincan Republic. As far as I can tell these are friendly allies to the United States militarily and economically. Why is it necessary to hold on to animosity between them culturally?

I see the cultures of these countries as a possinlr positive contribution to the United States of America in a much more meaningful way than Russia, Canada, Romania, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Haiti, France, Denmark or Norway could.

What negatives could result by welcoming influence from Spanish speaking people upon America? China and India both have populations surpassing 1 billion people. How can we continue competing with them with one third of their population. We need massive growth and I prefer growing through an influx of immigrants from our geographical neighbors to enhance our empire. If we closed them off and instead welcomed immigrants from other countries then the growth would be much slower.

What negatives could result by welcoming influence from Spanish speaking people upon America?

:laughing0301:

3fc77aee-3fae-4e4e-a53f-7a029bcfed93.jpg

I am not sure. It could be the language barrier. If Mexicans spoke English or Americans spoke Spanish then we probably would open the southern border and say, "Ya'll come on in!"

I am not sure why we have such a bad relationship with Mexico and Canada. In Europe people can travel from country to country without any hassle. I have even heard going into Canada is easy. I have heard going into Mexico is easy.

I hear that the US border patrol agents are hard core Nazis. So. I honestly don't know why the border is closed off so tight. If Mexicans and Canadians have cooties then we share them anyways due to geography. I can't answer your question.

You asked:
Why don't we also open the southern border and say "Ya'll come on in! "?

I honestly do not know. I have been scratching my head for decades.

So no?

Bad idea.

What negatives could result by welcoming influence from Spanish speaking people upon America?

Ugly people? America can handle ugly.

So no?

Bad idea.

Ugly people? America can handle ugly.

Well good then. May your neighborhood, schools, and playgrounds be overrun with swarms of ugly people.

Go to Miami Florida or LosAngeles California and many other Hispanic dominant places in the US, then get back to us.
The percentage of Spanish speaking America is RAPIDLY increasing. Fort Lauderdale is converting slowly.

so, it's already the "Official" language of a significant and rapidly increasing swath of the USA right now.

There are as many Spanish speaking only TV stations in South Florida as there are English speaking TV stations.

(But the Spanish speaking stations have MUCH better reception.)

I spent a week in Wiamauma Florida. I don't see the problem. Different types of stores? So the fuck what? A lot of Catholics. So the fuck what? Well behaved children. So the fuck what?

The only negative aspect was the language barrier.

Well. Welcoming and encouraging Chinese and Indian immigrants to emigrate would help with the problem too. The Chinese language barrier is immense. China has already modernized their language to some degree. Maybe we should strategically teach English (or Spanish) to as many people in China as we possibly can. This might already be happening since nobody liked the Spanish plan.

This is such an absurd thread. Why would the whole culture convert to another language when well over 80 percent of the nation's first language is English, it makes no sense?

The global language of business is English and Mandarin.

If the US converts to any language it should be Mandarin. :dunno:

It makes me think the OP is has a brain tumor or something.

Languages of the United States
Tree_map_of_languages_in_the_United_States.png

Languages of the United States - Wikipedia

Well. Welcoming and encouraging Chinese and Indian immigrants to emigrate would help with the problem too. The Chinese language barrier is immense. China has already modernized their language to some degree. Maybe we should strategically teach English (or Spanish) to as many people in China as we possibly can. This might already be happening since nobody liked the Spanish plan.

MikeTX is that you? I didn't know you had a troll account.

That was pretty good, you had me going there for awhile. :laughing0301:

I spent a week in Wiamauma Florida. I don't see the problem. Different types of stores? So the fuck what? A lot of Catholics. So the fuck what? Well behaved children. So the fuck what?

The only negative aspect was the language barrier.

Right....and I met a black person once.
You visited CENTRAL Florida, closer to Tampa. If you look at the post you quoted I said South Florida specifically Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Spend a week in Miami......Then you'll know what it's like to visit Cuba.

...I see the cultures of these countries as a possible positive contribution to the United States of America in a much more meaningful way than Russia, Canada, Romania, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Haiti, France, Denmark or Norway could.

Some of us like the American Culture that our ancestors cooked up here over the last several hundred years ago and aren’t terribly interested in adding anything more to the pot at this point. Especially things that don’t blend into the stew very well.

Forum List

Back