Spaghetti hamburger?!?

Once it's cooked, spaghetti is pretty sticky, anyway, so would you have to use anything that thick? A little egg or flour and liquid, thin like. Form and stick in the fridge to firm up, then fry?
Broiling won't work.
I had a boss years ago that would "fry" her left over spaghetti for breakfast the next morning, and it was awesome.

You beat me to it. :thup:

:itsok:
So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
I was conversing with my mom about it and she gave me a great idea. Panko!
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?
Do you think it will work?
:haha: I don't think that concoction will end up resembling a bun, TNH :itsok:
But you do come up with some really fascinating culinary ideas :lol:
If i fail, i will try it a different way. This is GOING to happen lol.
Im going to freak all of you guys out when i sell the recipe to Olive Garden :lol:
Perusing the Olive Garden menu I see 0 burgers
That's why they going to buy it. You are welcome :thup:

TNH, just promise to tell us how it turns out. I love your experiments!
I will!

Sounds very strange. So if this is the bun, what will the hamburger middle part be made out of? Will it be as equally odd lol.
Just a regular hamburger patty. Maybe seasoned with salt, pepper parsley and maybe a dash of red wine. And some moz cheese and tomato sauce. Typical spaghetti just unorthodox eating method. lol

just a suggestion , if you must continue then use some lasagna noodles , You can cook them and then stack them together as think as you like . I like nice thick stacks of noodle matter . Cut to size and stack 2 - 3 - 4 together in 2 different piles or stacks , stick in the hangureger patty , let it cool off and you can probably pick it up like a hamburger and 'ouila' or some other French word are you are done TNHarley !!

So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?

Don't use the panko.

Overcook the pasta, let it cool, form it the way you want, then brush it with an egg wash. Bake this for a few minutes and it will hold it's form.

I say overcook because you don't want it to dry out too much during this process.
Agree. Ever leave spaghetti in the bottom of the colander til it cools? Come back and it's in a congealed lump. As long as it's overcooked, like you said.

My deceased Italian Grandmother will now haunt all of you for what you have done, are doing, or will do to pasta based on this thread.

Is there a wooden spoon emoji?????
Hey, it's no different than cooking corn meal mush and pouring it in a loaf pan to solidify, then slice and fry. The Italians call it polenta, but it's the same thing.

just a suggestion , if you must continue then use some lasagna noodles , You can cook them and then stack them together as think as you like . I like nice thick stacks of noodle matter . Cut to size and stack 2 - 3 - 4 together in 2 different piles or stacks , stick in the hangureger patty , let it cool off and you can probably pick it up like a hamburger and 'ouila' or some other French word are you are done TNHarley !!
Excellent suggestion!

I will!

Sounds very strange. So if this is the bun, what will the hamburger middle part be made out of? Will it be as equally odd lol.
Just a regular hamburger patty. Maybe seasoned with salt, pepper parsley and maybe a dash of red wine. And some moz cheese and tomato sauce. Typical spaghetti just unorthodox eating method. lol
Are you going to make this "open face" or expect everyone to cut through two of these spaghetti creations?

This place is awesome for food help. No joke.
Thanks guys.

I will!

Are you going to make this "open face" or expect everyone to cut through two of these spaghetti creations?
I don't want it to be open faced. I want it to be a functional bun. I hope i can make it that way.. lol

It would make more sense to create
2 potato knishes in the shape of a half bun.
Or 2 rice knishes in the half bun shape without the sweetening sugar & raisen.
If for some reason you want pasta then try orzo instead of rice and make an orzo knish or a macaroni bun might work.

Or you could go the Taco Bell route and make a shell out of hamburger with noodles and spaghetti sauce inside it!?!?
Have you tried that thing yet? I tried it. Wasn't bad but i had to pick off a lot of the crust on the chicken. The idea was awesome.

I will!

mmmm open face roast beef hot shot. Those are so goooooood!

Don't use the panko.

Overcook the pasta, let it cool, form it the way you want, then brush it with an egg wash. Bake this for a few minutes and it will hold it's form.

I say overcook because you don't want it to dry out too much during this process.
Agree. Ever leave spaghetti in the bottom of the colander til it cools? Come back and it's in a congealed lump. As long as it's overcooked, like you said.

My deceased Italian Grandmother will now haunt all of you for what you have done, are doing, or will do to pasta based on this thread.

Is there a wooden spoon emoji?????
Hey, it's no different than cooking corn meal mush and pouring it in a loaf pan to solidify, then slice and fry. The Italians call it polenta, but it's the same thing.

I've made Polenta and Grits both. Sorry, but taking a pre-shaped item and making into a block of solid mush (bleah) would make me turn in my Italian-American Card.

It's almost as bad as putting Ketchup on Pasta.

I will!

Its sounding better. I was picturing 2 dry wads of noodles with a patty in between. :lol:

If i saw someone put ketchup on their pasta, i would kick their ass. That's just unforgivable.

I will!

Its sounding better. I was picturing 2 dry wads of noodles with a patty in between. :lol:
If i get it to work, i will post pics.

Our President dips steak with ketchup.

Im sorry, but if you are eating steak and need to dip it, someone failed.

Eeeewwww one of my friends growing up dipped snickers in ketchup.
im starting to lose my appetite

Forum List

Back