Soylent Green - the next MAGA claim to rile up their followers.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
There is a continuous stream of outrageous claims the right is making to keep their followers riled up. Texas state Senator Bob Hall(R) is claiming there are food products that contain parts from aborted fetuses, and has proposed a bill requiring any food that contains aborted fetuses be labeled to protect the public from inadvertently becoming cannibal. I'm not going to provide a link showing that no human body parts are allowed in food, because anyone who needs a link to understand we aren't allowed to eat people wouldn't believe a link if I posted one. It is bizarre to think a state senator would make such a stupid claim, but it is even more shameful that there are actually right wing crazies who will believe such claims. What will the next crazy claim be?

Mmmmm ... Soylent Green ....

Soylentgreen.jpg

That Russia and Trump colluded to steal an election.

Or the vaccines are safe and effective.

There is a continuous stream of outrageous claims the right is making to keep their followers riled up. Texas state Senator Bob Hall(R) is claiming there are food products that contain parts from aborted fetuses, and has proposed a bill requiring any food that contains aborted fetuses be labeled to protect the public from inadvertently becoming cannibal. I'm not going to provide a link showing that no human body parts are allowed in food, because anyone who needs a link to understand we aren't allowed to eat people wouldn't believe a link if I posted one. It is bizarre to think a state senator would make such a stupid claim, but it is even more shameful that there are actually right wing crazies who will believe such claims. What will the next crazy claim be?

State politicians, most especially Reps and Senators, often say whacky things. Of both parties. Frankly, they're too strange (or stupid) to make it up the chain to bigger politics. And that is saying something

Interesting the headline ignores the part about medicine and research using murdered human baby tissue.

The proposed law, authored by state Sen. Bob Hall, says food and medicine would have to be labeled if it contained or was manufactured with human fetal tissue or if it was the product of research that used such tissue. The bill defines human fetal tissue as “tissue, cells, or organs obtained from an aborted unborn child.”

If you are going to slaughter human babies and that is kewl, then using their bodies for research isn't a huge stretch beyond that. Just like when people got upset about slaughtered Jews being used to make soap. It was the slaughtering that should have upset them, not the soap.

Once you declare a human being is not a human being, the uses you make of that former human are just details.

The Texas bill would have little effect on the food industry since cell lines aren’t used as food ingredients, but it could have a major impact on the medical field. The law would require labeling any medical product “derived from research using human fetal tissue.” This broad wording could apply to a vast array of vaccines and medicines, from polio to HIV treatments.

The part the OP ignored.

1*QgbB44Xtm2xb3Y2-BlSPqQ.jpeg

So embryonic stem cells get the ok? They were never fetuses. The bill defines human fetal tissue as “tissue, cells, or organs obtained from an aborted unborn child.”

The soylent green joke doesn't apply here because according to people like you fetuses aren't people.

Yes, that is always your goto. Unfortunately for you, you are quite limited when pointing out the oddities of your opponent, while your MAGA party supplies a new thing to laugh at every few days, I gotta say I didn't see that cannibalism thing coming.

That's all they have OP, stupid culture wars.

That's all they have OP, stupid culture wars.
Did you hear about the crazy MAGA that wants to make sure all food that includes aborted fetuses is properly labeled? Seems he is worried about being tricked into becoming a cannibal.

Forum List

Back