South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

What's weird, in the Colorado County I live in we have almost the same population as all of South Dakota. We have many times fewer reported cases and zero deaths. We took it seriously. Meanwhile the smaller population counties all around us play grab ass and have more casualties and a few deaths. They are still in lockdown and we are lossening up because we play by the rules. With the small population of SD compared to where I am at, SD is a raging disaster.

Wrong again.

Most of it was in one county (the meat packing plant the OP bunched his underwear up over).

And you'll also see that that 80% of their cases have resolved. Down to almost 1,0000 active total. New York reports that, in terms of new cases daily (on good days).

They are at 65 deaths total.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

What's weird, in the Colorado County I live in we have almost the same population as all of South Dakota. We have many times fewer reported cases and zero deaths. We took it seriously. Meanwhile the smaller population counties all around us play grab ass and have more casualties and a few deaths. They are still in lockdown and we are lossening up because we play by the rules. With the small population of SD compared to where I am at, SD is a raging disaster.

Wrong again.

Most of it was in one county (the meat packing plant the OP bunched his underwear up over).

And you'll also see that that 80% of their cases have resolved. Down to almost 1,0000 active total. New York reports that, in terms of new cases daily (on good days).

Colorado is at 1,600.

Colorado has 50 times the population and most of the Eastern Slope where most of the population lives is densely populated. I compared the entire state of SD to ONE equally populated county and that county has zero deaths. And that county is the deepest Red part of the State. Contrary to unpopular belief, you don't have to be a Republican to be stupid. Stupidity doesn't know any political party. Considering we had one of the worst employment rates for the state before Covid 19, now we have one of the best. Our people are going back to work. But we are doing it like Adults, not spoiled children. Oh, we have out spoiled children but most of them are flying the Rump and Confederate Flags screaming stupid things. The Majority of the Republicans are being adult about it and taking the measures required to get us all back to work. You can be stupid if you want, just stay away.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Colorado has 50 times the population and most of the Eastern Slope where most of the population lives is densely populated. I compared the entire state of SD to ONE equally populated county and that county has zero deaths. And that county is the deepest Red part of the State. Contrary to unpopular belief, you don't have to be a Republican to be stupid. Stupidity doesn't know any political party. Considering we had one of the worst employment rates for the state before Covid 19, now we have one of the best. Our people are going back to work. But we are doing it like Adults, not spoiled children. Oh, we have out spoiled children but most of them are flying the Rump and Confederate Flags screaming stupid things. The Majority of the Republicans are being adult about it and taking the measures required to get us all back to work. You can be stupid if you want, just stay away.
Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Colorado has 5.8 million people

S.D. has 0.9 million.

Am I missing how you got to 50x ?

So your death rate at 1,600/65 = 25X

Population is 5.8/0.9 = 6X

Not sure what employment has to do with it (you really do expect people to connect the dots for you ?).

Stepping away from Colorado, S.D. is no hot spot.

Isn't now and never has been.

It had one county where they obviously screwed up. The rest of the state is in line with much of the Mountain West which is doing a shitpile better than the east coast.

As of today South Dakota ranks 38th out of 50 states in deaths per capita.

Some hot spot

Minnehaha county was a screw up. This is where the meat packing plant was located. They did not do a good job.

But, as I stated, over 80% of their cases are resolved with 65 deaths and the rest being recoveries (about 4,000) folks.

New cases are steady (not decreasing).

They could have done better in the one county.....

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

I think it is great that you have a large county that has had zero deaths. Red, Green, Blue, that is good news.

As to the rest, I can't read between the lines, so I'll just move on.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

S.D. has 0.9 million.

Not sure what employment has to do with it (you really do expect people to connect the dots for you ?).

It had one county where they obviously screwed up. The rest of the state is in line with much of the Mountain West which is doing a shitpile better than the east coast.

It only has one county with any real population. And then the whole state is equiv to the one that I live in which isn't even close to being one of the largest in this state. We have had zero deaths from Covid 19. We barely make it to the Metro class and most of the county is rural. It's like one took all of SD and condensed it into one county. We have meat packing here. We have Industry here. And we still produce meat but it's done smarter. We still have meat at the market that isn't going up in price. Our foods are not spiraling like other places as long as it's locally produced. Our Veggies are still being harvested. And there are a lot of other industries that have slowed down but never stopped that are starting to pick back up. Masks are mandantory and social distancing is done. We operate like Adults and don't get deaths from Covid 19. But we just had the various Protests and that might change. Let's hope not. But since almost everyone is home grown it might be okay. Now, if we can get the ones carrying the Rump and Confederate Flags to do the same.

Some hot spot

Minnehaha county was a screw up. This is where the meat packing plant was located. They did not do a good job.

But, as I stated, over 80% of their cases are resolved with 65 deaths and the rest being recoveries (about 4,000) folks.

That one county is where almost all the population lives. Check the population of the State Capital.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

S.D. has 0.9 million.

It only has one county with any real population. And then the whole state is equiv to the one that I live in which isn't even close to being one of the largest in this state. We have had zero deaths from Covid 19. We barely make it to the Metro class and most of the county is rural. It's like one took all of SD and condensed it into one county. We have meat packing here. We have Industry here. And we still produce meat but it's done smarter. We still have meat at the market that isn't going up in price. Our foods are not spiraling like other places as long as it's locally produced. Our Veggies are still being harvested. And there are a lot of other industries that have slowed down but never stopped that are starting to pick back up. Masks are mandantory and social distancing is done. We operate like Adults and don't get deaths from Covid 19. But we just had the various Protests and that might change. Let's hope not. But since almost everyone is home grown it might be okay. Now, if we can get the ones carrying the Rump and Confederate Flags to do the same.

Sounds like you are doing it right.

Some hot spot

That one county is where almost all the population lives. Check the population of the State Capital.

From what I read, that county has 1/4 of the total population.

Maybe I am reading it wrong.

Mo
[QUOT"Daryl Hunt, post: 24831086, member: 51974"]
Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

[/QUOTE]

Most of those are from two meat processing plants. The infected people were there before there was any warning.

Funny how you ignore real facts.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

S.D. has 0.9 million.

I don't know if we are doing it right. I think that we are doing it less wrong. I don't believe there really IS a right way these days.

Mo
Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Most of those are from two meat processing plants. The infected people were there before there was any warning.

[/QUOTE]

Not ignoring facts, there cupcake. The fact remains that the infected people are always there and you can make as many excuses as you want but you can't take out that with the same population and demographics as I pointed out that those Deaths could have been prevented had SD, as a State, did what we have done here. You are making excuses for spoiled brat actions that kill people. Time to grow up.

Some hot spot

From what I read, that county has 1/4 of the total population.

Maybe I am reading it wrong.

It does, you are correct. SD is pretty sparse. When Ellsworth off base housing is listed as the 3rd largest population center in the state, it's pretty sparse.

What's sad is, the way some carry on here, one would think that SD is wide open. It's not. It's primarily following the social distancing and masking suggestions that almost every other state is doing. To give you an idea, Pierre, the state Capital only has about 14,000 people living there. And if you wish to visit the State Capital, all tours have been suspended but you are welcome to visit it on your own. But wear a mask and observe social distancing. Plus, the Governor suggests that you bring a change of shoes for when you get back to your car so you can change. The change of shoes comes right off of Pierre's capital web site. Like Colorado, most of the stuff was not Mandantory but we acted like adults and so did MOST of the SD residents. And our local Corporations also operated in safe manners. Health was put above profit so that profit could be enjoyed later (as in now).

The blame for those deaths really doesn't go on SD as a Government. It goes on the packing plant and company who ignored safe practices for greed sake. There were other Meat Packing and Processing Plants in the US that also got hit that put profit over health. They used peoples fear of losing their jobs over their health. And people died. They could have stayed open, cut back on employees, went to social distancing, masks, gloves and other things and stayed in business. They could have reduced the number of hours each worker did each week to keep the work force working. But, no, Greed over Safety.

So, no, SD is not a hotspot. But it needs to slam dunk that meat processing plant into bankruptzy and bring in a better corporation to run it.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Wrong again.

Colorado is at 1,600.

S.D. has 0.9 million.

I don't know if we are doing it right. I think that we are doing it less wrong. I don't believe there really IS a right way these days.

Good enough.

Nobody dying is doing SOMETHING right.

Mo
Confirmed Cases 5,438

Deaths 65

Not ignoring facts, there cupcake. The fact remains that the infected people are always there and you can make as many excuses as you want but you can't take out that with the same population and demographics as I pointed out that those Deaths could have been prevented had SD, as a State, did what we have done here. You are making excuses for spoiled brat actions that kill people. Time to grow up.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, so not shutting down is not responsible. Good to see you admit that.

Forum List

Back