South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

Give it a few more days. The meat processor hotspot is just starting to move the dial.

How many nursing homes are near the plant?
Cuomo can't force nursing homes in SD to admit folks infected with the Chinese virus.

Cuomo will have nothing to do with community spread in the areas around the meat packing plants. Once the virus achieves community spread it will find its way into the nursing homes with devastating affect.

You didn't post facts...........you posted predictions in hopes those deaths come true. Pathetic.
No, I posted the facts as we have observed previously across the country. No amount of magical thinking will chage the outcome.
Here is exactly what you posted:

Why is it you dopes always leave out the most important function in this equation?

Time.

Obviously a quick glance at the number of infected would tell you immediately that the number of dead will grow as will the number infected.

SD isn't expected to peak until the end of June. That means the death toll will continue to grow through July and beyond.

Nothing in there is a fact. Your post is 100% prediction, and the predictions on the pandemic have been dismal failures across the board.

Give it a few more days. The meat processor hotspot is just starting to move the dial.

How many nursing homes are near the plant?
Cuomo can't force nursing homes in SD to admit folks infected with the Chinese virus.

Cuomo will have nothing to do with community spread in the areas around the meat packing plants. Once the virus achieves community spread it will find its way into the nursing homes with devastating affect.
A few dozen at meat packing plants around the country vs over 24,000 on Cuomo's watch in New York.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.

Fake news. From a fake American.

You didn't post facts...........you posted predictions in hopes those deaths come true. Pathetic.
No, I posted the facts as we have observed previously across the country. No amount of magical thinking will chage the outcome.
Here is exactly what you posted:

Why is it you dopes always leave out the most important function in this equation?

Time.

Obviously a quick glance at the number of infected would tell you immediately that the number of dead will grow as will the number infected.

SD isn't expected to peak until the end of June. That means the death toll will continue to grow through July and beyond.

Nothing in there is a fact. Your post is 100% prediction, and the predictions on the pandemic have been dismal failures across the board.
I just explained it to you and you said "nuh-uh".
Why do you imagine that the progression of the virus in SD won't follow the same trajectory as every other state before them?

More magical thinking.

Who owns the Smithfield plant? Who lost 300K swine not long ago?
Of course that's not the lesson to be learned from Smithfield nor does that address the actual problem.
Smithfield is dead to me. I personally boycott everything Smithfield anyway.

They let the Chinese buy them out a couple years back.
Which has nothing at all to do with the outbreak there.
What outbreak?

21 deaths.

21!

Who owns the Smithfield plant? Who lost 300K swine not long ago?
Of course that's not the lesson to be learned from Smithfield nor does that address the actual problem.
Smithfield is dead to me. I personally boycott everything Smithfield anyway.

They let the Chinese buy them out a couple years back.
Which has nothing at all to do with the outbreak there.
What outbreak?

21 deaths.

21!
No, dope.
The 2,500 and climbing cases.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.
This is a tragedy. Now there's a shortage of bacon.
Yesterday it was on sale at Hyvee. Two packages for 5 bucks limit 2.
I went though self checkout and bought the limit three times

So, you;re hoarding. You're in your 50s and hoarding bacon. Sure, there's no underlying health issues with you.
6 packages on sale in the freezer is hoarding?

Lol

Typical leftist is clueless about frugality

You bought 3 times as much as you were allowed to. That's called hoarding.
That is not hoarding lol. That is being a wise shopper.

You're an idiot.

The guy with a cart full of tp feels the same. You're afraid bacon is going to run out so you panic bought and don't care if they run out as long as you get yours.

Selfish fucking assholes always make a bad situation worse.
My purchase had nothing to do with fear of shortages ya moron. I bought it because it was a good deal.
I also stocked up on charcoal because it was 2 bags for 5 dollars.

Being smart with your money is wise. Buying 10 packages of toilet paper is not being frugal.

A good deal that you felt you were obligated to more than others.
Lol

Poor baby. You mad bruh

No, I'm not your neighbor, just pointing out that during a pandemic you're kind of a selfish prick.
During a pandemic? Lol

So every year in flu season people should refrain from taking advantage of AMAZING sale prices..

View attachment 323781

No, this isn't the flu. I'm sorry you don't realize that.
No, there is no shortage of bacon. I'm not sorry you don't realize that.

I laugh at your stupidity.

I know there isn't, I'm not the one who panic bought it. I'm also not the one who is a selfish asshole that took advantage on a sale of bacon and over bought what I was allowed to and took the opportunity away from others who may be cash strapped right now.

shhhhhhhhhhhh -

the greed may get deeper in gramps freezer

Watch out, Gramp's is going to turn to horse meat before you know it.

no hamburger to be found in my local wmart - can good shelves empty- paper products - lol, yeah right - sugar hell no -

very little available, and a 2 day waiting list (on line )to get nothing -

flu season ya know -

This is just another benefit I get from not eating most meat.

I never liked the taste of most meat and thought it was gross so when I moved out of my parents house I stopped eating most meat. Funny thing, it's in my DNA. I took a DNA test and it showed that according to my DNA, I prefer veggies and grains. It also shows I don't like cilantro. Which I don't and never have. It taste like plastic to me.

l'm sure that what meat is available is very expensive now. Especially pork since the pork processing plant in SD has been shutdown.
Nope...at least not here in Idaho..in fact, I was just browsing Albertson's flyer ---Boneless chicken breast..1.97 a pound....Asst. pork chops 1.77 pound..Choice Tri-tip roast4.97 a lb---yee haw!..salmon fillet 6.97 a lb!...

I'm just saying...don't believe the hype. I went to the store today...everyone being careful to give eachother room--and found everything back on the shelves--including sanitizer. Yes, we are obeying the stay at home order..but quite frankly..it's just not that much of an imposition.

It's weeks later and meat plants have been closed.

Five thousand people who work in the meat plants have tested positive for the virus with a lot already dead.

I've been to the store. The meat aisle isn't stocked full. I wanted to get some hot dogs for my sort of son but couldn't find any. Hot dogs. I finally found a box of them on a top shelf in the cooler. There were 2 packages left. I bought one. I left the last one for someone else.

I hope you meat eaters can have your meat but I don't want it at the expense of people's lives.

So, you;re hoarding. You're in your 50s and hoarding bacon. Sure, there's no underlying health issues with you.

Lol

You're an idiot.

The guy with a cart full of tp feels the same. You're afraid bacon is going to run out so you panic bought and don't care if they run out as long as you get yours.

My purchase had nothing to do with fear of shortages ya moron. I bought it because it was a good deal.

Being smart with your money is wise. Buying 10 packages of toilet paper is not being frugal.

Lol

Poor baby. You mad bruh

No, I'm not your neighbor, just pointing out that during a pandemic you're kind of a selfish prick.
During a pandemic? Lol

So every year in flu season people should refrain from taking advantage of AMAZING sale prices..

View attachment 323781

I know there isn't, I'm not the one who panic bought it. I'm also not the one who is a selfish asshole that took advantage on a sale of bacon and over bought what I was allowed to and took the opportunity away from others who may be cash strapped right now.

shhhhhhhhhhhh -

no hamburger to be found in my local wmart - can good shelves empty- paper products - lol, yeah right - sugar hell no -

flu season ya know -

I never liked the taste of most meat and thought it was gross so when I moved out of my parents house I stopped eating most meat. Funny thing, it's in my DNA. I took a DNA test and it showed that according to my DNA, I prefer veggies and grains. It also shows I don't like cilantro. Which I don't and never have. It taste like plastic to me.

l'm sure that what meat is available is very expensive now. Especially pork since the pork processing plant in SD has been shutdown.

I'm not a vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat. I think going vegetarian at this time is not a half bad idea. It's just that other sources of protein also may be hard to come by in the future unless you kill it yourself.

I'm not sure if I have that Cilantro gene as well. I like it, but sometimes it does seem to be soapy tasting.

I'm not a vegetarian.

Put just about any seafood in front of me and it's gone. Fast. Especially crab, shrimp and salmon.

I don't like most meat and don't eat most meat. I eat seafood. I'll eat some poultry at the holidays but that's about it.

I never set out to not eat most meat. I just don't like the taste and find most of it gross. I don't know anyone who will eat something they don't like the taste.

It's just what I like. I found out from that DNA test that it's because of my DNA.

There is no test for DNA that can tell much of anything, except how you match with similar other in terms of ancestry. And there is NO ancestry that does not like meat.
The human body can not produce its own proteins, so you have to consume it, and it can only come from meat, eggs, or dairy. And eggs and dairy were not available to our ancestors. Fish is meat, so there is no distinction there. You have just somehow altered and conditioned your own mind, and it has nothing to do with genetics or DNA. Any human who does not eat meat will die.

The test is for the likely preference to certain foods and which foods are best for my body type and DNA. Which the test said veggies and grains. It didn't say meat. While one of my friends has meat listed that.

It flat out said my DNA says I don't like cilantro and it's right. I never have. It also says I prefer salty over sweets. Which is correct. It also says says I'm more likely to not be lactose intolerant and it's correct. It also says I have a 50/50 chance of perfering vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Which is wrong. I HATE chocolate ice cream. I like vanilla with something in it.

If you want to dispute it take it up with 23andme.com

I like chocolate ice cream. How dare you.

I'm a chocolate addict. Except ice cream. It's just too much chocolate for me. I like ice cream with chocolate in it or a syrup over it.

Lol

You're an idiot.

Lol

Poor baby. You mad bruh

During a pandemic? Lol

View attachment 323781

shhhhhhhhhhhh -

flu season ya know -

Nope...at least not here in Idaho..in fact, I was just browsing Albertson's flyer ---Boneless chicken breast..1.97 a pound....Asst. pork chops 1.77 pound..Choice Tri-tip roast4.97 a lb---yee haw!..salmon fillet 6.97 a lb!...

I'm just saying...don't believe the hype. I went to the store today...everyone being careful to give eachother room--and found everything back on the shelves--including sanitizer. Yes, we are obeying the stay at home order..but quite frankly..it's just not that much of an imposition.

It's weeks later and meat plants have been closed.

Five thousand people who work in the meat plants have tested positive for the virus with a lot already dead.

I've been to the store. The meat aisle isn't stocked full. I wanted to get some hot dogs for my sort of son but couldn't find any. Hot dogs. I finally found a box of them on a top shelf in the cooler. There were 2 packages left. I bought one. I left the last one for someone else.

I hope you meat eaters can have your meat but I don't want it at the expense of people's lives.
Everything Dana..is at the expense of someone's life. Be it vegetables picked by illegals who spend their lives for your cheap tomatoes...or the packing plant worker who loses a finger on the line. It's cool that you've chosen a diet you are comfortable with..both nutritionally and ethically....but open your eyes to the real world--everything you get...has a little of someone attached to it. Cool clothes are stitched by slave children...transplants that may save your loved ones lives are sourced from ethnic cleansings. Your position is no more and no less than anyone else's ethically because of your diet. You get no points for being a vegetarian..and you lose points if you are one of those that likes to throw your dietary habits into people's faces.

Nice of you leave the last pkg. of dogs..kudos.

In the stores here..no shortages..summers sales are kicking in---and hot dogs at Albertson's are in full supply--not that I'd ever eat one of those nasty things...LOL!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back