Songs that will forever hold a memory every time you hear it.

Asking a chick to dance to this song in college at a club and next thing I knew I woke up with her face staring at me next to me...lol

One summer when I saw in middle school, my family went on a road trip from CA to ND to visit my grandparents. All along the way, the radio stations played mostly twangy twangy country music, which as a lil' rock-n-rolla, I could not stand.

When we got to the grand folks' house, I immediately set claim to a bedroom with a radio, turned it on and heard the beginning chords of "Brown Sugar". It was like a big drink of cool water in the desert.

It's been one of my favorite songs ever since.

I report people who don't bring the song up...lol

I think the boys like this version better.

Mother fuck a cracker, it won't play

Frelling Youtube.

Pick a good or painful memory and match a song

My first sweetie in 7th grade loved this song

One summer when I saw in middle school, my family went on a road trip from CA to ND to visit my grandparents. All along the way, the radio stations played mostly twangy twangy country music, which as a lil' rock-n-rolla, I could not stand.

When we got to the grand folks' house, I immediately set claim to a bedroom with a radio, turned it on and heard the beginning chords of "Brown Sugar". It was like a big drink of cool water in the desert.

Lol. I like this one better. This girl shakes parts that can't be shook

RIP Rick Derringer. Forever immortalized at OSU

I watch that video all the time. LOL

Rick Derringer is Still Alive and Well. Every now and then it might be kind of hard to tell but he's still alive and well.

Lol. I like this one better. This girl shakes parts that can't be shook

RIP Rick Derringer. Forever immortalized at OSU

I watch that video all the time. LOL

Rick Derringer is Still Alive and Well. Every now and then it might be kind of hard to tell but he's still alive and well.

OOOPPS.Thinking of someone else..................Sorry Rick whatever orbit your in

This came on the radio as my girlfriend and I liberated her from her virginity.

Back in 2004 when the CMT network did their Inside Fame documentary hour on country singer Brad Paisley an early clip of him was shown singing a song with this lyric line, "I moved out west with dreams as big as a wide open place.", and when I heard him sing that, I was like, "I have not heard that song since I was a kid!" The only problem is that I don't know who originally sang the song and I don't know the name of it either. If anyone here can tell me about that song, I will so very much appreciate it. Right now, the only thing that I can remember about it is that it was done by a male singer and I remember hearing it back in the late 80s/early 90s.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

God bless you and Brad always!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Holly

My mom passed away in December of 1991 and this album flying in a blue dream came out a couple years before that....

I listened to it over and over and over and over the whole way there ( to her funeral in Kentucky) and part of the way back until I was so sick of it I had to play something else.

I first heard this when the wife and I were on the outs. We werent back together yet but it was trending that direction. I was at my third and final stop before going home. When it first happened I couldnt think straight. Grabbed some stuff and left, told the girls to mind their mother. I stood for 20 minutes in the lobby of hotel waiting for someone to check me in when I got a phone call from my brother born after me. Cant remember how he found out but he told me to get my ass up there. Didnt want to impose on anyone but it was getting late so I acceded to his offer. Glad I did. I dont think things would have worked out as well as they did if he hadnt been there. Mood swings were fast and furious between despair to I'll show her and land someone even younger. Had to be careful not to act in haste.
I left just before the holidays for an apt in much better mental shape. The luxury of not being alone was calming allowing me to distill my thoughts, bounce them off his wife and refine them. It made all the difference and I will never forget their generosity.

Forum List

Back