Songs that will forever hold a memory every time you hear it.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The year was 1981.
I was 16 years old. Driving home on a summer night from my first real girlfriends house.
It was a beautiful night, she lived on a farm where there was a pond. And surprisingly her parents let us walk out to the pond... alone.
We sat out there, and ended up making out. (Did not have full sex... but pretty heavy stuff besides that)
Riding home I was on cloud nine. I felt like the king of the world.
And this song played.... every time I hear it, I think of that night.
How appropriate.

One of my earliest memories is coming out of my bedroom and looking into my mothers bedroom. She was ironing and looked up and smiled at me. This song was on the radio. It would have been in the general time frame it was released.

My mom is gone but I saw Petula Clark a few years ago. I think she was 83 at the time and still put on a great show.

Last edited:
One summer when I saw in middle school, my family went on a road trip from CA to ND to visit my grandparents. All along the way, the radio stations played mostly twangy twangy country music, which as a lil' rock-n-rolla, I could not stand.

When we got to the grand folks' house, I immediately set claim to a bedroom with a radio, turned it on and heard the beginning chords of "Brown Sugar". It was like a big drink of cool water in the desert.

It's been one of my favorite songs ever since.

I was 8 years old.
My mother had a radio on top of the refrigerator and would listen to music as she washed dishes etc.
I would sometimes go in there and sit at the kitchen table playing with something.
This song, for some reason, stuck in my mind. It brings me back to those simple days as a young boy.

One summer when I saw in middle school, my family went on a road trip from CA to ND to visit my grandparents. All along the way, the radio stations played mostly twangy twangy country music, which as a lil' rock-n-rolla, I could not stand.

When we got to the grand folks' house, I immediately set claim to a bedroom with a radio, turned it on and heard the beginning chords of "Brown Sugar". It was like a big drink of cool water in the desert.

I report people who don't bring the song up...lol

Lol. I like this one better. This girl shakes parts that can't be shook

RIP Rick Derringer. Forever immortalized at OSU

It's called not having your wife kick your ass.

I think the boys like this version better.

RIP Rick Derringer. Forever immortalized at OSU

Jinx!

Mother fuck a cracker, it won't play

Mother fuck a cracker, it won't play

Frelling Youtube.

Think I posted about this before. I had a really weird compulsion one day at work to obsessively listen to a couple songs on youtube over and over and over again. One was this one which I thought was an okay song but not really my cup of tea (the other was amazing grace). A few hours later, I found out one of my brothers had died. The time he collapsed was the same time I had become obsessed with playing this song and it was the one song his girlfriend had said he had told her a few different times it was really the only song he wanted played at his funeral if he ever died.

Anyway both songs were played at his funeral and some other one I don't recall and wasn't familiar with.

"Brown Sugar" is racist. :muahaha:

"Brown Sugar" is racist. :muahaha:

Meh. Everything is WACIST.

Forum List

Back