Songs that make you cry.

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
There have been many songs that have really touched me. There are some songs I have a hard time singing because even after years of listening and playing them I still get choked up.

Lean On Me. I grew up rough with an addict for a mother she overdosed and i was orphaned at 14 and put in foster care. This song always made me wish I had someone to lean on. When I met my wife I truly realized what it meant to have someone in my corner for me. I always have trouble singing this one.

There have been many songs that have really touched me. There are some songs I have a hard time singing because even after years of listening and playing them I still get choked up.

Lean On Me. I grew up rough with an addict for a mother she overdosed and i was orphaned at 14 and put in foster care. This song always made me wish I had someone to lean on. When I met my wife I truly realized what it meant to have someone in my corner for me. I always have trouble singing this one.

Fantastic thread idea, and sorry to hear about your mother. Songs that get to me are "Unchained Melody", by the Righteous Brothers, "The Only Living Boy in New York", by Simon and Garfunkel, and "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain", by Willie Nelson.

This is the first song that came to my mind, written by the legendary Bill Anderson.

God bless you and him and Kenny always!!!

Holly

P.S. Right here is another good but sad song written by Bill and done by Kenny.

Eeesh. Well not proud to admit this, but I was going through some personal stuff during a B-day weekend in July. My wife was out of town, and I was drinking it up hard. I had not cried in probably years prior; couldn't recall the last time before this one. I listened closely to the words of this song, which I really liked, but didn't focus on as closely as I did this time. Oh my.

The Closer I Get to You ( ASIA )

This is one of them. Doesn't make me cry in the strict sense of the word....but it hugs my heart very tight, that's for sure

Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes (Official Video)

This song reminds me of my grandmother, who passed away too soon. There's something about this song.... it's an instrumental-only, but even without words it is so bittersweet, and beautiful.

There are a a lot of songs that to it to me. Here are the ones that make me cry because of my dad who was one of the greatest dads on the planet. I miss him and I wish he was here.

I have worked Melissa, Stevie and Roger Waters. All more than once. I shot, that is took photos, during all three songs through tears.

Mercy by Melissa Etheridge.

My Cherie Amore by Stevie Wonder.

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

Forum List

Back