Songs that kick people in the face.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If our local radio stations here played this song at any given time of the day they would get countless calls asking who the band is..... I guarantee it.

I grew up in Cleveland Ohio where WMMS famously played working man the first time the American audience ever heard it outside of Rush opening act concert shows that and they were flooded with calls that day- people asking " when is the new Led Zeppelin album coming out ? "and things like that.

I think people are yearning for something new and even though these guys aren't new.... they've been around a long time at least 20 years most people haven't heard of them.
From Denmark.

Last edited:
One of the interesting things about this concert is how cool they are on stage and then if you go to 00:55 you see how many people are playing in front of when the camera pans out.

Bonus clip

Last edited:
If our local radio stations here played this song at any given time of the day they would get countless calls asking who the band is..... I guarantee it.

I grew up in Cleveland Ohio where WMMS famously played working man the first time the American audience ever heard it outside of Rush opening act concert shows that and they were flooded with calls that day- people asking " when is the new Led Zeppelin album coming out ? "and things like that.

I think people are yearning for something new and even though these guys aren't new.... they've been around a long time at least 20 years most people haven't heard of them.
From Denmark.

Volbeat-great band and unique vocals played frequently on Sirus XM Radio usually on Octane Thanks for the tunes and for leading me to listen to more!.

Last edited:
Volbeat-great band and unique vocals played frequently on Sirus XM Radio usually on Octane.
The problem with that is I don't like probably 80 or 90% of the other stuff they play ....I'm kind of selective.

I have a wide range in musical tastes but honestly I don't think I could tolerate an entire day Festival like Hellfest just to wait and see Volbeat and Megadeth.

After Jason Kidd left they got Andy James who's one of the best guitar players in the world-- so I'd really love to go see him even though I'm not a huge 5fdp fan.
Ivan and the guys are really lucky to have him.... plus now they can all take a 10-minute break while he's out there showing off.

My youngest son who lives in Joplin Missouri wants me to come up to Rogers Arkansas and meet him at the Five Finger Death Punch concert in a couple weeks so I might go even though it's on a work night

I've seen them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. Awesome energy and talented artists! Packed crowd and stayed to the back...still packed but worth it lol

I've seen them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. Awesome energy and talented artists! Packed crowd and stayed to the back...still packed but worth it lol
The last Festival I went to was the Mosquito Dam Jam in Ohio around 1978. ..ELO played last because they had the expensive laser light show.

A bunch of other bands including the Steve Miller Band & people like that.

Correction. It was Blue Oyster Cult not Electric Light Orchestra ( who I saw at Kent State University at another Outdoor Show...but I can't remember who opened for them)
And it was 1976

1976-08-26-09-01+Scene+Mosquito+Dam+Jam-r.jpg

Magic Dick did his harmonica solo with the J geils Band that was cool.
MagicDPerforming.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back