Something strange happened....

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
to my way of thinking anyway.

Back story.....I've been disabled now for 5 years, on Medicare and have United Healthcare supplement insurance. Not that I really need it because I rarely see the Dr, have NO major health issues that need monitoring and do not take medications......but the insurance is there, just in case something does come up. The last time I was at the Dr's office, was for problems with my knee and trouble walking because of it, had some xrays and was suggested to see an orthopedist. Told the Dr, who already knows I don't like DR's notta chance after the BS they gave me over my back issues previously. She knows my dislike of the whole medical/healthcare field and that she is only there as an 'necessary evil' and my rule is 'don't call me, I'll call you......when I'm good & ready too'.

So that being said........the other day I got a call from UHC stating they have a new program where they will send someone to my home, to do my yearly wellness check and when can they make the appointment? My answer was, no thank you I'm not interested at this time.

Then yesterday I get a call from the Dr's office wanting to set up my yearly wellness exam in office and when to make the appointment. My answer was the same......no thank you.

It seems strange to me, that with the 'supposed' increase in Covid cases, this state & county teetering on lockdown again, medical/healthcare field is sooooo overwhelmed with cases.........then why in the HELL are they both calling patients to make even more appointments/work for themselves???????

I can sorta understand UHC's new policy of home visits.......to keep any exposures to a minimum and it being a 'new thing'. But the DR's office??? In the last 5 years, I've never had either call me to make an appointment for anything. I've always had to initiate any visit.

Has anyone else experienced something similar????

Carriers all seem to be on this kick. I have told mine 8-9 times that I am not interested in a home visit. They continue to call periodically, and send letters. They even offer me a $25.00 debit card for participating. That's not even an hourly wage.

I now ignore the calls, and shred the letters.

My doctor doesn't want to see me unless necessary. He does phone and email consultations should something come up.

Never give an insurer your home phone number.
Buy a cheap "druggie" phone and give its number to them.
But turn it on only when you want to call them.
If ever.

I have also discovered that the junk/political calls end when you go to a VOIP telephone provider.

Carriers all seem to be on this kick. I have told mine 8-9 times that I am not interested in a home visit. They continue to call periodically, and send letters. They even offer me a $25.00 debit card for participating. That's not even an hourly wage.

I now ignore the calls, and shred the letters.

My doctor doesn't want to see me unless necessary. He does phone and email consultations should something come up.

Yeah, I don't want anyone that I don't know on a personal level in my home any more than I have too.

And normally my Dr doesn't either and why I was so surprised they called

If ever.

I have also discovered that the junk/political calls end when you go to a VOIP telephone provider.

Now you see.......I do just the opposite. Anyone can have my home phone number and I think it's public information anyhow. I don't have smart phone or other gadgets. I have a pre-paid phone for my personal use only. I try to stay as low tech as possible....it may be a pain in the tush at times, but too damn bad.

why in the HELL are they both calling patients to make even more appointments/work for themselves?

Odds are the orthopedists you'd be seeing aren't too heavily involved in Covid care...

No probably not, but they weren't the ones that called. As I said, after the fiasco over my back, I wasn't going back to any of them and my personal Dr knows that.

Both calls were just for a yearly check up, nothing more

If ever.

Now you see.......I do just the opposite. Anyone can have my home phone number and I think it's public information anyhow. I don't have smart phone or other gadgets. I have a pre-paid phone for my personal use only. I try to stay as low tech as possible....it may be a pain in the tush at times, but too damn bad.

I just turn the ringer off. I never answer directly, and clear the message list every so often.

I had something very similar. A few years ago I had hurt my right big toe. I was seeing a podiatrist for it. All of a sudden I get a call from an agency to have someone come in and care for me! The information they had was totally different from reality. They said they did not know where the order came from. I went berserk on them. If anyone shows up they better come with a cop and a warrant because they will be met with a baseball bat and a butcher knife.

No one ever showed up.

why in the HELL are they both calling patients to make even more appointments/work for themselves?

Odds are the orthopedists you'd be seeing aren't too heavily involved in Covid care...

No probably not, but they weren't the ones that called. As I said, after the fiasco over my back, I wasn't going back to any of them and my personal Dr knows that.

its the people from the death panels IPAB that want to keep an eye on you to decide when they will stop all your medical treatments and let you die because youve been deemed useless to society,,,

Back story.....I've been disabled now for 5 years, on Medicare and have United Healthcare supplement insurance. Not that I really need it because I rarely see the Dr, have NO major health issues that need monitoring and do not take medications......but the insurance is there, just in case something does come up. The last time I was at the Dr's office, was for problems with my knee and trouble walking because of it, had some xrays and was suggested to see an orthopedist. Told the Dr, who already knows I don't like DR's notta chance after the BS they gave me over my back issues previously. She knows my dislike of the whole medical/healthcare field and that she is only there as an 'necessary evil' and my rule is 'don't call me, I'll call you......when I'm good & ready too'.

So that being said........the other day I got a call from UHC stating they have a new program where they will send someone to my home, to do my yearly wellness check and when can they make the appointment? My answer was, no thank you I'm not interested at this time.

Then yesterday I get a call from the Dr's office wanting to set up my yearly wellness exam in office and when to make the appointment. My answer was the same......no thank you.

It seems strange to me, that with the 'supposed' increase in Covid cases, this state & county teetering on lockdown again, medical/healthcare field is sooooo overwhelmed with cases.........then why in the HELL are they both calling patients to make even more appointments/work for themselves???????

I can sorta understand UHC's new policy of home visits.......to keep any exposures to a minimum and it being a 'new thing'. But the DR's office??? In the last 5 years, I've never had either call me to make an appointment for anything. I've always had to initiate any visit.

Simply because the entire healthcare system is teetering on bankrupsy from this covid nonsense. My wife recently underwent another knee replacement and they were pouncing like vultures at the hospital because they've been shut down from elective procedures for the covid scare and that's where they make their real money.
It's idiotic I know but this entire covid scare is idiotic.

its the people from the death panels IPAB that want to keep an eye on you to decide when they will stop all your medical treatments and let you die because youve been deemed useless to society,,,

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of the 'contact tracing'. I think medical professionals have to get your info & into that system. No thanks, I won't be traced

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of the 'contact tracing'. I think medical professionals have to get your info & into that system. No thanks, I won't be traced
did they say,,
"I'm from the government and here to help"?

Simply because the entire healthcare system is teetering on bankrupsy from this covid nonsense. My wife recently underwent another knee replacement and they were pouncing like vultures at the hospital because they've been shut down from elective procedures for the covid scare and that's where they make their real money.

Doesn't make sense though since they get more $$ for Covid cases, than anything else. I agree it's all a bunch of baloney

did they say,,
"I'm from the government and here to help"?

Not yet........but since they haven't been able to catch me, that may be next. Them showing up at my door and if they do, they'll not be having a good day.

Doesn't make sense though since they get more $$ for Covid cases, than anything else. I agree it's all a bunch of baloney
All I know is what I've been told. I know there isn't much of a calling for orthopedic surgeons to treat coveid bullshit, especially when isn't really all that much actual covid crap to go around. It's hard as hell to treat something that isn't really there ya know. You might get away with pencil whipping the nonsense but you just aren't going to get well people to sit still and be treated when they aren't sick.

All I know is what I've been told. I know there isn't much of a calling for orthopedic surgeons to treat coveid bullshit, especially when isn't really all that much actual covid crap to go around. It's hard as hell to treat something that isn't really there ya know. You might get away with pencil whipping the nonsense but you just aren't going to get well people to sit still and be treated when they aren't sick.
Yeah, I know the Ortho's don't treat for Covid and they weren't the ones calling me....it was the insurance company and my regular Dr. It's just that she knows my dislike of Dr's and medical/healthcare field in general.

Back story.....I've been disabled now for 5 years, on Medicare and have United Healthcare supplement insurance. Not that I really need it because I rarely see the Dr, have NO major health issues
If you say that you've been disabled for 5 years in one sentence, and in the very next sentence you claim to have no major health issues...

...you might be a nutcase.

:cuckoo:

Back story.....I've been disabled now for 5 years, on Medicare and have United Healthcare supplement insurance. Not that I really need it because I rarely see the Dr, have NO major health issues
If you say that you've been disabled for 5 years in one sentence, and in the very next sentence you claim to have no major health issues...

Sure, my back, bone degeneration, arthritis and bi-polar that are my disabilities........but nothing that has to be monitored by a Dr or take medications for......like heart disease, diabetes, etc. Though yes, at 60 and a breast cancer survivor, I probably should see a Dr on a regular basis, but I refuse to do so, because they aren't about treating the problems, only the symptoms. Our whole healthcare system $uck$ when it's all about money, and not the patient

Sure, my back, bone degeneration, arthritis and bi-polar that are my disabilities........but nothing that has to be monitored by a Dr or take medications for......like heart disease, diabetes, etc. Though yes, at 60 and a breast cancer survivor, I probably should see a Dr on a regular basis, but I refuse to do so, because they aren't about treating the problems, only the symptoms. Our whole healthcare system $uck$ when it's all about money, and not the patient
Not all MD's are created equal, so perhaps it is wise to avoid painting the whole profession with such a broad brush due to an unfortunate personal experience. Granted, some of them are idiots or just greedy psychopaths, but not all of them.

:2cents:

Forum List

Back