Someone explain the supposedly 30,000 ventilators for New York?

According to the World Health Organization,
1 in 7 cases require hospitalization
and 5% require intensive care with ventilators to survive.

SO explain this math...
595,953 total cases as of 3/27/20 at 8:27 PM..
So according to the above:
1 in 7 cases require hospitalization or 595,953 divided by 7 equals 85,136 hospitalized Covid-19 patients .
AND of the 85,136 hospitalized.... 5% require ventilators or 4,257 ventilators....hmmm....

Please some one explain because IF I use 5% of the 595,953 cases need ventilators... that is 29,798 ventilators world wide!

Something doesn't make sense here...
View attachment 316187
At the peak, dope. Statewide. Not with today's numbers. Weeks from now. The same time that Fauci and Brix are telling us to expect 100 to 200k dead.
And I just heard them still talking about those kinds of horrific numbers

I'm asking you which is a "horrific number"?

View attachment 317761

...did you not see Trump's COVID-19 task team say that we are likely headed for 200,000 deaths "if we do everything right"?

SO explain this math...
1 in 7 cases require hospitalization or 595,953 divided by 7 equals 85,136 hospitalized Covid-19 patients .
AND of the 85,136 hospitalized.... 5% require ventilators or 4,257 ventilators....hmmm....

Please some one explain because IF I use 5% of the 595,953 cases need ventilators... that is 29,798 ventilators world wide!

View attachment 316187
At the peak, dope. Statewide. Not with today's numbers. Weeks from now. The same time that Fauci and Brix are telling us to expect 100 to 200k dead.

View attachment 317761

...did you not see Trump's COVID-19 task team say that we are likely headed for 200,000 deaths "if we do everything right"?
No.

Gotta link?

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

View attachment 317761

No.

Gotta link?

President Trump and the physicians advising the federal pandemic response on Tuesday delivered a bleak outlook for the novel coronavirus’s spread across the country, predicting a best-case scenario of 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities in the United States and summoning all Americans to make additional sacrifices to slow the spread.

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

View attachment 317761

No.

Gotta link?

President Trump and the physicians advising the federal pandemic response on Tuesday delivered a bleak outlook for the novel coronavirus’s spread across the country, predicting a best-case scenario of 100,000 to 240,000 fatalities in the United States and summoning all Americans to make additional sacrifices to slow the spread.
Nowhere in your link is the quote you attribute to Trump's team, liar.

Try again.

Try again.
Did you not SEE the press conference? I did. Fauci AND Brix BOTH said BEST case would be 100,000 to 240,000 dead IF we lock down tight NOW

Trump and his coronavirus task force members said that community mitigation practices in place for the past 15 days have worked and that extending them is essential. The mathematical modeling the White House presented suggests doing so could save hundreds of thousands of lives. Without community mitigation, the models predict, 1.5 million to 2.2 million Americans could die of covid-19

I was telling people about 8 yrs ago that the moron media were gonna kill people. And apparently, this is their big opportunity to trade headlines for body counts.

The media doesn't want to kill people, the media just wants to be there with a camera when somebody dies.

I was telling people about 8 yrs ago that the moron media were gonna kill people. And apparently, this is their big opportunity to trade headlines for body counts.

The media doesn't want to kill people, the media just wants to be there with a camera when somebody dies.

Wish their reporting wasn't ENCOURAGING panic.. They're doing that 12 ways. From bad calculations of COVID mortality to literally venting about "how many people Trump killed today"...

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

View attachment 317761

No.

Gotta link?

Try again.
Dummy, I said Trump’s task team, not Trump (who knows nothing)

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187
It’s 5% of all cases require ventilators support. Not 5% of hospitalized patients.
Simple misunderstanding.

So 5% of all Coronavirus cases 615,519 (as of 3/28/20) would mean 30,775 ventilators are in USE now world-wide according to your misinterpretation.

Then where did Cuomo get his 30,000 ventilator requirements for how many cases... New York would have 615,519 cases alone?

Is that what you are saying? Again.. If New York will need 30,000 ventilators than that means New York would have 615,519 cases or With an estimated 19.45 million residents in 2019
that would mean 3% of New York would contract Covid-19 and 5% of the 615,519 or 30,000 ventilators.

See I'm just asking a logical question. If WHO says 5% of the hospitalized use ventilators and that 1 out of 7 cases are hospitalized... that would mean less than 5,000 ventilators in use NOW...again
according to the WHO. But YOU say 5% of the 615,519 require ventilators or about 30,000.... so does Gov. Cuomo think NY will have 615,519 cases when right now NY has 15,000 cases.
So tell me where the math is incorrect. New York has 15,000 cases today... to get to 615,000 cases that according to WHO require at most 30,000 ventilators... where did he gat that number?

You’re looking at numbers as they exist now. Cuomo is looking at what could happen in the future. If you wait to get ventilators only when you need them, you’re too late.
A few years ago Cuomo could have bought thousands of vents for a very cheap price. Instead he spent the money on some 'Green ripoff'.
The same 'Green' grifters who Obama gave billions to for Solyndra sold Cuomo on another 'Green' hoax. These same people are living the life of luxury taking their private planes to 'Kits'.

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

View attachment 317761

No.

Gotta link?

Try again.
So did I. Nowhere in your link to you have a quote by anyone on his team, Loser.

Please try again.

Yes.

New York Gov. Cuomo says state saw its single-biggest daily increase in coronavirus deaths Thursday

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday that 2,935 New Yorkers have died from the coronavirus so far with 562 new deaths over the last 24 hours — a 23% jump and the single-biggest daily increase in deaths in the state since the outbreak began a few weeks ago.

“The curve continues to go up,” Cuomo said at a news conference in Albany, referring to the number of new COVID-19 cases across the state. There are 102,863 confirmed cases across New York, a 10% jump overnight, according to charts presented at the news conference. New York City alone accounts for 57,159 total cases, up 5,350 over the last 24 hours.

Yes.

New York Gov. Cuomo says state saw its single-biggest daily increase in coronavirus deaths Thursday

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday that 2,935 New Yorkers have died from the coronavirus so far with 562 new deaths over the last 24 hours — a 23% jump and the single-biggest daily increase in deaths in the state since the outbreak began a few weeks ago.

“The curve continues to go up,” Cuomo said at a news conference in Albany, referring to the number of new COVID-19 cases across the state. There are 102,863 confirmed cases across New York, a 10% jump overnight, according to charts presented at the news conference. New York City alone accounts for 57,159 total cases, up 5,350 over the last 24 hours.
Wow! Lotta dead folks.

Cuomo really sucks.

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

View attachment 317761

No.

Gotta link?

Try again.
So did I. Nowhere in your link to you have a quote by anyone on his team, Loser.

Please try again.

You're such a fucking idiot.
From 4 days ago...

"If we can hold that down, as we're saying, to 100,000 -- that's a horrible number -- maybe even less, but to 100,000; so we have between 100- and 200,000 -- we all, together, have done a very good job. But 2.2, up to 2.2 million deaths and maybe even beyond that," Trump said.

They are preparing for worst case scenario. As Governor Cuomo pointed out, when they are finished, they will happily deliver to other hotspots. What we need is a federal response to purchase and move this sort of thing around as needed.

Right now, NY is having to bid against not only 50 other states, but also against the federal government for the few supplies that are out there. This is driving prices up not only for states, but also for the feds. It's a ridiculous, unsustainable situation.

Last edited:

SO explain this math...

View attachment 316187

For someone so inept at basic analysis my advice is to just not worry your pointy little head about it and leave it to professionals.

If you think Cuomo and New York hospitals are scrambling for ventilators because they just don't know math you need to think again and much harder.

Well I am asking a simple math question... how does 1 out of 7 Covid-19 cases or 85,136 and 5% according to WHO require a ventilator that works out to 4,267 ventilators of which by the way
as of right now the state of New York has over 4,000 ventilators now!

So why haven't those experts explained their needs instead of hollering about RIGHT NOW WE NEED 30,000 ventilators!
And in fact check out the above article and you'll find just that !

You don’t know wtf you are talking about. Just stop.

Before you do “math” you need to understand THE GIVENS, otherwise it’s garbage no matter how well your arithmetic is.

Did you know for example that there are actually patients other than covid-19 that need respirators?

Ok, how many?

Why even waste time asking that? What is it that makes you think that you need to second guess NY hospitals and Cuomo about how many ventilators they will need??

You fools seriously think you can figure out better than people scrambling to buy this equipment and set up the hospital bed capacity???

Because it is ridiculous....How many people right now in NY state wide are on a ventilator due to C-19?

You do know that other then NOW there is TOMMOROW that needs to be prepared for....right?

Rediculous is you sand-dwellers talking about shit you have no clue about calling professional decisions “rediculous”

NY about 50k beds and is scrambling to expand that capacity to about 140k to meet incoming coronivirus hospitalizations, most of which will need ventilation.
And there is a ship with 1,000 beds docking Monday!
Thank you, President Trump.

Yeah, thanks for NOTHIN' - Ya Dithering Dotard

They are preparing for worst case scenario. As Governor Cuomo pointed out, when they are finished, they will happily deliver to other hotspots. What we need is a federal response to purchase and move this sort of thing around as needed.

Right now, NY is having to bid against not only 50 other states, but also against the federal government for the few supplies that are out there. This is driving prices up not only for states, but also for the feds. It's a ridiculous, unsustainable situation.
Kinda like an Army going into battle with each division fighting the others for supplies and no overarching strategy or logistics plan

Kinda like an Army going into battle with each division fighting the others for supplies and no overarching strategy or logistics plan

Spot on! Trump claimed to be a "war president". Well I suppose - Maybe if you think of being led into battle by the worst general in US history.

Forum List

Back