Some people are too stupid to live

but like the typical liar you go to the most extreme,,

fact remains most rural people will laugh off a societal collapse like a dog shakes off a flea in a pool,, even those you listed,,
Those things happened right here. Those are examples of stupid people. I don't have to lie, it's all true. People come out here unprepared in many ways and most won't listen when you, or I try to help them.

Those things happened right here. Those are examples of stupid people. I don't have to lie, it's all true. People come out here unprepared in many ways and most won't listen when you, or I try to help them.
if you say so,,

Here is what happens out here;
First, some slick advertises a lot on the internet. Here is an ad for one for sale right now just east of my 210 acres.
First off, the price looks great to someone in LA or Portland or another city. 11,500 for 5 acres might be a bargain in those places. But out here, land is worth 500 buck an acre. That's it.
Second, those people that are attracted don't have clue one what it takes to survive where the only water there is will make you sick and nobody will come when you call 911, if you get service. Notice that ad gives a 911 address, but it doesn't say that if you call 911, you have to go down to a county maintained road to meet them. The times I have had to call the sheriff, I had to go 10 miles to meet them and guide them in.
Third, these folks think they can live off the land, or plant crops here. You cannot. You can grow in containers, but not much grows in this soil or at this elevation. Did I mention the alkalinity of the water, or the radioactivity of the water? Even in containers it's not easy to grow stuff here. That isn't in the ad is it?
Fourth, people think they can keep animals. Well, you can, but that's not easy either. You can't turn them loose on the range, illegal. If you don't pen them in, with a top on the pen, they get taken. I myself had six goats taken by mountain lions one day four years ago. Not much in the way of a pen keeps out mountain lions if they want to eat goat. Sure, I could have shot the lions, but still.
So to wrap up, that ad doesn't say it is 16 miles to a paved road, or 10 miles to a county maintained road. It doesn't say you have to haul water 45 miles to get it to your tomato plants. It also doesn't say that there is nothing in the way of native vegetation that you can eat. It just sells a dream that can't come true. And stupid people don't check it out first.
Those slicks sell those overpriced lots four or five times, collect the down and monthly payments until the stupid people give up. It is quite a racket, and I think it's legal.

Not really.

The forum software only allows us to merge threads in specific set of circumstances.

I don't use the mod powers to manipulate threads to fulfill those circumstances, and in some cases, and can't, even if I wanted to. If the two threads are created in the SAME sub-forum, around the SAME time frame? Sure.

One of those is time sensitive.

You'll notice, that other thread in the Flame Zone was posted June 6th. This thread was made today. The forum software might allow me to merge the two threads, if I first moved this thread to the FZ. . . but I'm not doing that, just to merge two threads. That isn't how things are done. It would violate the rights of the person who started this thread in this sub-forum.

. . . and TBH, I'm not sure the merge would take. The software is sort of finicky TBH. That is the most dangerous and hazardous operation, and if a mistake is made, it is one of the few things that can't be undone.

I don't like to make that attempt. :lol:
I tried to put it where no one would fret.
But hey....I do use that topic line over and over again as in a series post; Besides we don't have a "things that dumbfucks do" forum header.

Forum List

Back