Some one please tell me how did they get the holy spirit in the OT ?

Elaborate.
The bible condemns the practice of sin, It clearly states-there is no sacrafice left to those who practice a sin. Hebrews 10:26) talking about Jesus sacrafice.
1John 3:6--EVERYONE remaining in union with him( Jesus) does not practice sin, no one that practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. That works both ways--At judgement Jesus will say to all who practice sin( work iniquity) Get away from me you who work iniquity, i must confess i never even knew you. Matthew 7:22-23--So if Jesus doesnt know one, the Father surely wouldnt listen to that one because one must go through Jesus to get to the Father.

Say wtf, Show me the Bible verse the holy spirit will become flesh?

Every verse that I showed you, "God will send another", "When he comes, " He will do this ,he will do that, etc., clearly shows that Jesus was talking about God raising up another person, like him, (Another) to do those predicted things.

No ghost will ever show anyone anything much less convincing the world that Jesus was right.... only another human being could possibly do that.

The bible condemns the practice of sin, It clearly states-there is no sacrafice left to those who practice a sin. Hebrews 10:26) talking about Jesus sacrafice.
1John 3:6--EVERYONE remaining in union with him( Jesus) does not practice sin, no one that practices sin has either seen him or come to know him. That works both ways--At judgement Jesus will say to all who practice sin( work iniquity) Get away from me you who work iniquity, i must confess i never even knew you. Matthew 7:22-23--So if Jesus doesnt know one, the Father surely wouldnt listen to that one because one must go through Jesus to get to the Father.
Excellent…
Elaborate, based on Leviticus, the categories of frowned upon behavior and the obligation on an individual for doing it.

Also, based on Leviticus, what is the obligation for someone who behaves incorrectly on purpose?

P. S….
You are about to be shocked at the lies you have been told.

Excellent…
Elaborate, based on Leviticus, the categories of frowned upon behavior and the obligation on an individual for doing it.

Also, based on Leviticus, what is the obligation for someone who behaves incorrectly on purpose?

P. S….

Says the guy who has swallowed hook line and sinker the lie that Kosher law is about food.

Excellent…

P. S….
-1Corinthians 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21= 2 lists of unacceptable sins--Both spots teach--will NOT enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of these. Paul used the word spiritism, the Greek word = Farmacia, thus drug addiction is apart of that. There is as well false god worship all over the earth that fits in there as well.
We arent under the OT laws. Jesus brought a new covenant= Love--Thus if one has that love, their hearts wouldnt even consider stealing from their brothers, committing adultery on their mate, etc, etc ,all the way down the line.
I havent been told lies.

Sad but true.
A new religion had to be created that put little to no onus on people.
For 1,000 years the Holy Roman Catholic Church enforced no education so no one would know how the NT was pretty much a copy of Mad Magazine.
As a raised catholic switched to babtsit I am starting to agree with you after I have been studying the entire bible, they made stuff up I just got done studying the genology of jesus in Matthew and luke if you look at the names in luke after Zerubbel (Gov of Israel in the book of Zechariah ) Luke is using family names like Joseph , Levi..

I am the type of person the Catholics never ever wanted me to read the Bible.

I am seriously considering if it's possible for me to convert to Judaism. The NT is asinine with Paul's letters, the stuff Jesus said I like though.

-1Corinthians 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21= 2 lists of unacceptable sins--Both spots teach--will NOT enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of these. Paul used the word spiritism, the Greek word = Farmacia, thus drug addiction is apart of that. There is as well false god worship all over the earth that fits in there as well.
We arent under the OT laws. Jesus brought a new covenant= Love--Thus if one has that love, their hearts wouldnt even consider stealing from their brothers, committing adultery on their mate, etc, etc ,all the way down the line.
I havent been told lies.
Bad news for you…
The NT claims to be quoting the Torah.
Every verse you quoted from the NT is a perversion of the verses in Leviticus.

In 1st John he says no one knows God if they break any commandments, that's why we have the holy spirit, if you read Romans chapter 8 it says no one knows how to pray to god, the holy spirit prays and begs God for us

Why would you call Paul stupid?

Paul was an agent of the enemy, a self loathing masochistic homophobic misogynist who contradicted Jesus on key issues of salvation and tried to trick the disciples by pretending to be struck blind and then pretending to see to infiltrate and derail the movement and make sure that intelligent people would dismiss Jesus out of hand, the law is obsolete, He claimed to be God, etc.

It must have been hilarious seeing Paul groping around and then pretending to be healed to the disciples who knew that the blindness that Jesus cured was a blindness of perception, not sight.

Bad news for you…
The NT claims to be quoting the Torah.
Every verse you quoted from the NT is a perversion of the verses in Leviticus.
In most verses if you look up the quotes in the OT of the same bible you are reading it doesn't even quote word for word.

Every verse that I showed you, "God will send another", "When he comes, " He will do this ,he will do that, etc., clearly shows that Jesus was talking about God raising up another person, like him, (Another) to do those predicted things.

No ghost will ever show anyone anything much less convincing the world that Jesus was right.... only another human being could possibly do that.
Like I said the holy ghost is inside me, I don't know about anyone else but I can feel him when I call on him when I pray or meditate

Thank you so much, so again how did they get the holy spirit? Someone told me it was just tempoary in the old Testament time which I always thought was a B.S. excuse.

From your link

51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me

Like I said the holy ghost is inside me, I don't know about anyone else but I can feel him when I call on him when I pray or meditate

I know what you mean.

Jesus was speaking about something else when he spoke of God sending the the advocate, the avenger of innocent blood, the blood of Jesus, to prove him right and lead people to all the truth.

No ghost can do that which can only be done by a living human being on earth.

The only way the holy spirit can be inside you is if Jesus' teaching is inside you when he comes.

Great read, thank you..

From your link

Since the spirit is in constant overflow and not directed toward any specific individual, it is man’s responsibility to evolve to the state in which he might then receive the mental energy of the “holy spirit.” In this philosophical typology, the spirit is not conceived as directly transmitting God’s word, being, or holiness.

That's what I have been doing over the years and it gets more powerful when I pray/meditate

This reminds me do you know what a evangelist pastor told me a few months ago he said " prayer is not spiritual"

To understand the Pentateuch from a scholarly point of view, one has to familiarize themselves with the literary device of using several 'Voices' in the writings. It gets a lot less confusing when one studies it in literary terms. Of course, the Stupid and mentally ill will be forever clueless, so no sense in trying to explain anything to them, so this introductory pdf is aimed at the Peanut Gallery for a start on the basics of bible study.

Scholars in the last century have felt that the best way to explain the various inconsistencies and
duplications in the books of the Pentateuch is to assume that the books are a redaction—that is, an
edited version of several different original sources. This is called the documentary hypothesis. Using the
techniques of source criticism and redaction criticism, some modern scholars propose that four sources
(or traditions) contributed to the five books of the Pentateuch. These sources are the following:

the Yahwist (abbreviated J from the German word for Yahwist)
the Elohist (abbreviated E)
the Deuteronomist (abbreviated D)
the Priestly (abbreviated P)
Based on the abbreviations used for the four sources, the documentary hypothesis is also called the
four-source theory or the JEPD theory. These four sources have been identified by biblical scholars by
their specific literary styles and theological concerns. The theory also proposes that each source reflects
a particular community and historical situation, which explains the focus of their theology. We will briefly
examine each source’s perspective. Keep in mind that this is only a theory; we have no actual J, E, or P
texts apart from the Bible itself. (On the other hand, the Book of Deuteronomy is widely accepted as the
work of an independent author who had little if any responsibility for Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, or
Numbers. Thus, Deuteronomy is the D text.)

This site also has a explanatory essay on it.

The letters JEDP are a designation used by scholars to identify the component parts or sources that they understand were used to compile the first five books of the Old Testament. There have been various opinions as to whether these sources were written or oral traditions, and whether each source represents an independent strand or a stage in the development of an older source.

This particular way of studying the biblical text in terms of sources used in its compilation is called source analysis or very broadly literary analysis. Describing this approach as literary analysis emphasizes that the object of study is the biblical text itself (literature) to distinguish this method of study from historical analysis that focuses on reconstructing history apart from the biblical text (by the mid-twentieth century literary analysis or “literary criticism” took on a more specialized meaning to refer to the study of how words and language communicate ideas). There is a long and interesting history of the development of this method of biblical study that dates back to Jewish scholars in the eleventh century AD (see Biblical Evidence beyond Doctrine: Dealing with the Content of Scripture).

JEDP: "Sources" in the Pentateuch

And then there are those annoying multiple references of God referring to himself in the plural to deal with beginning with the reference during the Creation verses.

If you want an example of the different 'voices', start with the two accounts of the Creation; one uses the 'P' voice, the other the 'J' voice, and then there are the two accounts of Noah and the beasts boarding the Ark.See if ypu can tell which 'voice' is which n those accounts.

Last edited:
Btw I have been meaning to ask a doctor or look up if you can mentally release chemicals in your body from your brain to give you an euphoria?

Like how I feel with the holy ghost

Can a person do it at will?

Last edited:
To understand the Pentateuch from a scholarly point of view, one has to familiarize themselves with the literary device of using several 'Voices' in the writings. It gets a lot less confusing when one studies it in literary terms. Of course, the Stupid and mentally ill will be forever clueless, so no sense in trying to explain anything to them, so this introductory pdf is aimed at the Peanut Gallery for a start on the basics of bible study.

Scholars in the last century have felt that the best way to explain the various inconsistencies and
duplications in the books of the Pentateuch is to assume that the books are a redaction—that is, an
edited version of several different original sources. This is called the documentary hypothesis. Using the
techniques of source criticism and redaction criticism, some modern scholars propose that four sources
(or traditions) contributed to the five books of the Pentateuch. These sources are the following:
the Yahwist (abbreviated J from the German word for Yahwist)
the Elohist (abbreviated E)
the Deuteronomist (abbreviated D)
the Priestly (abbreviated P)
Based on the abbreviations used for the four sources, the documentary hypothesis is also called the
four-source theory or the JEPD theory. These four sources have been identified by biblical scholars by
their specific literary styles and theological concerns. The theory also proposes that each source reflects
a particular community and historical situation, which explains the focus of their theology. We will briefly
examine each source’s perspective. Keep in mind that this is only a theory; we have no actual J, E, or P
texts apart from the Bible itself. (On the other hand, the Book of Deuteronomy is widely accepted as the
work of an independent author who had little if any responsibility for Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, or
Numbers. Thus, Deuteronomy is the D text.)

This site also has a explanatory essay on it.

The letters JEDP are a designation used by scholars to identify the component parts or sources that they understand were used to compile the first five books of the Old Testament. There have been various opinions as to whether these sources were written or oral traditions, and whether each source represents an independent strand or a stage in the development of an older source.

This particular way of studying the biblical text in terms of sources used in its compilation is called source analysis or very broadly literary analysis. Describing this approach as literary analysis emphasizes that the object of study is the biblical text itself (literature) to distinguish this method of study from historical analysis that focuses on reconstructing history apart from the biblical text (by the mid-twentieth century literary analysis or “literary criticism” took on a more specialized meaning to refer to the study of how words and language communicate ideas). There is a long and interesting history of the development of this method of biblical study that dates back to Jewish scholars in the eleventh century AD (see Biblical Evidence beyond Doctrine: Dealing with the Content of Scripture).

JEDP: "Sources" in the Pentateuch

And then there are those annoying multiple references of God referring to himself in the plural to deal with beginning with the reference during the Creation verses.
You don’t know the difference between the manifestations of the Creator as Elohim or Adonoi.
Those writers do but they want to earn a living.

Btw I have been meaning to ask a doctor or look up if you can mentally release chemicals in your body from your brain to give you an euphoria?

Can a person do it at will?
A quick search

• Helping others is also believed to increase levels of an endorphin-like chemical in the body called substance P, which can relieve pain, Dr. IsHak says.

Put kindness on repeat​

The good news is that a simple act of kindness can reward our bodies and minds with feel-good chemical substances.
However, the effect isn't lasting. A single act of kindness isn't going to carry you through several days—or even hours.
"The trick you need to know: Acts of kindness have to be repeated," Dr IsHak says.
"Biochemically, you can't live on the 3-to-4-minute oxytocin boost that comes from a single act."
That's why kindness is most beneficial as a practice—something we work into our daily routine whether in the form of volunteer work, dropping coins into an expired parking meter, bringing a snack to share with your officemates, or holding the elevator for someone.
"The rewards of acts of kindness are many," says Dr. IsHak. "They help us feel better and they help those who receive them. We're building better selves and better communities at the same time."

You don’t know the difference between the manifestations of the Creator as Elohim or Adonoi.
Those writers do but they want to earn a living.
But when Christians do that with the Trinity Orthodox Jews and other pagans try and label that sort of semantics 'polytheism n stuff'.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26

Exactly Jesus died and sent the holy spirit so my question remains the same how did they get the holy spirit in the old Testament?
Do you recall the story of the Tower of Babel? This was before Abraham's time, a time when people began speaking in different languages, and tribes/nations influenced other tribes/nations.

With Abraham, God drew to Himself a people set apart, hopefully beyond the influences of outsiders (other nations/tribes). The Holy Spirit was especially on these people for a purpose. They kept God's laws, lived in accordance to God's laws.

Jesus was born into this tribe, into this people set apart, and he said he was there for the lost sheep of Israel. He was crucified, died, and buried. He rose again. He said with his death the Holy Spirit could descend upon them for another purpose. This happened on the day Christians call Pentecost. And we know what happened....The Holy Spirit could now be heard by people who spoke in other tongues. People from all over, heard the disciples speaking their native languages, too. It was a time when God's people who were divided in Babylon, could unite again in Christ, through the Holy Spirit.

Forum List

Back