Some Asian Americans say affirmative action ruling used the group as ‘pawns’

Jews and Orientals were persecuted and discriminated against when they moved to the United States.

nowhere near the level black people were.

Despite expensive efforts to help Negroes they lag behind. This is because they have lower average IQ's.

No, because the pitiful efforts we have made doesn't undo 400 years of oppression.

Whites of European descent have created the most advanced, the most successful, and the most prosperous civilization in history.
Okay, if you ignore the hundreds of millions of people they've killed in their wars and the ecological devastation they did.

Jews benefit every country they live in with their high IQ averages.

If they did, they wouldn't have been chased out of every country they went into.

People like JoeB want to silence you for bringing forward the MANY contributions of Jews. it messes up his anti-Jew narrative.

Um, see above. If you were so beneficial, countries would welcome you, not do the awful things they've done throughout history.

Now we need a Supreme Court decision against affirmative action in hiring decisions. That will benefit Orientals and whites for the same reason the decision against affirmative action in university admissions did.

Actually, universities are already finding ways to ignore SCOTUS, and so will businesses, because they know that diversity is an advantage.
All SCOTUS did was give the vast majority that aren't white males a good reason to show up at the polls.

What you are is obvious from the way you express yourself. Does it not occur to you that your views would make it easier to oppress Jews, Roman Catholics, and Mormons?

God, I hope so. It will be a great day when humanity overcomes it's ignorance and stops believing in superstitions.

What I think would be awesome. Instead of having freedom of religion, we should have a religion license. I mean, we wouldn't want anyone joining the wrong religion and ending up going to Hell, right? We need to test religions to make sure they aren't leading souls astray!

So here's my suggestion. Your minister/priest/rabbi/mullah applies for a religion license. The office will be at the top floor of various skyscrapers. After he presents the dogma for approval, two burly bureaucrats will throw his ass out the nearest window.

If God catches him on the way down, he gets a license.

I'm guessing no one will get a license. Because God is too busy "Not existing" to catch any of these fools.

Actually, universities are already finding ways to ignore SCOTUS, and so will businesses, because they know that diversity is an advantage.
All SCOTUS did was give the vast majority that aren't white males a good reason to show up at the polls.
A university can admit unqualified colored people. They will drop out, flunk out, or get useless degrees in black studies. The university will still deposit their tuition money in the bank, brag about having a student body that "looks like America, and continue the scam.

Hiring managers in the private sector know that if they do not hire the most capable job applicants, their competitors will. They know that the most capable job applicants are rarely Negroes.

Hiring is a personal decision. Bosses want to hire people they will like working with, and people who will be liked by their co workers. If a boss wishes to endanger his productivity by hiring unqualified Negroes, he should be allowed to. If he would rather not hire any Negroes at all, that should be allowed too.

Many bosses do not like Jews and Orientals. Nevertheless, they know that Jews and Orientals tend to be more intelligent than white Gentiles, so Jews and Orientals get hired anyway. Currently they tend to earn more than white Gentiles.

So you want to silence Hector because you say he is a repulsive piece of human excrement…..and then you admit you hate Jews because they fucked up the culture?

As Hector has pointed out, society gains by the presence of Jews. We contribute far in advance of our proportion - with 25% of Nobel prizes even though we’re just 2% of the population.

Wow, so you give yourself prizes... isn't that special. Kind of like Hollywood giving each other prizes for movies no one watched.

You are a hypocritical Democrat BIGOT who cries about racism while spewing hatred against Jews.

Jews aren't a race. They are a religion.
Religion is a choice.

A university can admit unqualified colored people. They will drop out, flunk out, or get useless degrees in black studies. The university will still deposit their tuition money in the bank, brag about having a student body that "looks like America, and continue the scam.

Oh, I agree, higher education is a scam. It's a scam they make most of us go through to get access to the mainstream.

I've met people with MBA's who are absolute morons. I've met people with HS Diplomas who were really great at their jobs.

This has little to do with race, though. So as long as you are going to continue the scam, then we should spread it out evenly.

Hiring managers in the private sector know that if they do not hire the most capable job applicants, their competitors will. They know that the most capable job applicants are rarely Negroes.

Have met hiring managers? 30 years of working in the private sector and 12 years as a professional resume writer, I can tell you that the dumbest creatures on the planet are HR managers.

Do you know what a hiring manager proves? That the person who hired the best resume writer usually wins.

Hiring is a personal decision. Bosses want to hire people they will like working with, and people who will be liked by their co workers. If a boss wishes to endanger his productivity by hiring unqualified Negroes, he should be allowed to. If he would rather not hire any Negroes at all, that should be allowed too.

Um, wow... you really believe this?
A Company I am familiar with recently fired two Asians because they absolutely sucked at their jobs. One of them blurted out, "I don't care, my husband is rich."

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone hired because she was hot, but dumber than a box of rocks. Or how many times I've had to deal with complete fucking idiots because their relative was a manager.

Many bosses do not like Jews and Orientals. Nevertheless, they know that Jews and Orientals tend to be more intelligent than white Gentiles, so Jews and Orientals get hired anyway. Currently they tend to earn more than white Gentiles.
Um, frankly, I haven't worked with that many Jews, so unless they own the company, not so much.
As for Asians... kind of a mixed bag. I've worked with some that were pretty good, most were just as mediocre as the other races I've worked with.
What I've found is that most employees want to do a good job, but it's usually management that fails.

Wow, so you give yourself prizes... isn't that special. Kind of like Hollywood giving each other prizes for movies no one watched.

Jews aren't a race. They are a religion.
Religion is a choice.

Richard Lynn, The Chosen People: A Study of Jewish Intelligence and Achievement, Washington Summit Publishers, 2011, 408 pp., book review by Byron M. Roth

The Chosen People: A study of Jewish Intelligence and Achievement is the most recent work of Richard Lynn dealing with group differences in IQ and their ramifications. As in all of his previous work over the past decade, he substantiates his arguments with huge quantities of empirical data. He advances his positions dispassionately and lets the facts speak for themselves, which they do in impressive, nearly irrefutable fashion. In his previous books he examined racial and ethnic differences in IQ for many groups. The Chosen People is a case study of one distinct group that has shown remarkably similar patterns of achievement in a wide variety of settings.

Professor Lynn begins by pointing out the extraordinary success of Jews in almost every field. In the 19th century the restrictions that had prevented most Jews from advanced nonreligious study began to be lifted in most of Western Europe, and by mid-century, “people began to observe that Jews were outstandingly successful, and began to speculate that this was attributable to their intellect.” (Unless otherwise noted, all quotations are from Professor Lynn.)

At that time the great bulk of Jews were still living in Eastern Europe, but owing to pogroms beginning around 1880, Jews began migrating to Western Europe and especially to the United States. They formed part of the massive immigration to the US in the period from 1880 to 1924.

Prof. Lynn writes:

They arrived as penniless refugees unable to speak the languages of their new countries; they were the “huddled masses” from the most backward region of Europe. Yet by the middle decades of the 20th century, the children and grandchildren of these immigrants were doing far better than their Gentile hosts on all indices of socioeconomic status and earnings and outperforming them by several orders of magnitude in obtaining elite academic distinction . . . .
Professor Lynn explains that there are four major subpopulations of Jews, differentiated genetically by their different experiences following their expulsion from Israel in the first century AD. The most populous group, by far, are the Ashkenazi, who migrated to Western Europe. However, “In the period between 1290 and 1500, Jews were extensively persecuted and expelled from Western and Central Europe . . . . Most of them migrated eastward into present-day Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Russia.” There they remained until the mass migrations of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Those who stayed were, in the main, killed by the Nazis toward the end of World War II. Most of those who survived the war migrated to Israel and other, mainly English-speaking countries.

A second group, the Sephardim, migrated to the Iberian Peninsula after the Roman expulsion, where they lived, largely under Muslim rule, until 1492. Jews flourished during the early period of Muslim rule, but from about 1000, a change in Muslim leadership led to increased persecution. When Spain drove out the Muslims in 1492, it also expelled all Jews who refused to convert to Christianity. Portugal expelled its Jews in 1496. Most Iberian Jews then went to the Balkans, though others migrated to the Middle East, the Netherlands, and Italy. Prof. Lynn notes that “their descendants in the mid-20th century numbered about two million and were widely dispersed throughout the world.”

A third Jewish group, the Mizrahim, settled in various lands in the Middle East and North Africa during various diasporas beginning about 600 BC. These lands were conquered by the Arabs in the 8th century, under whose rule Jews were tolerated but subject to various restrictions. This area was conquered in the 16th century by the Ottoman Turks, who “provided a generally benign environment for Jews and other non-Muslims.” That is the main reason why Jews expelled from Spain and Portugal made their way into the Ottoman Empire.

A fourth group, the Falashas, “are Ethiopians who converted to Judaism at some uncertain time many centuries ago.” The state of Israel recognized these genetically distinct Africans as Jews who were, therefore, entitled to take advantage of the Jewish Right of Return. Prof. Lynn writes that “by 1998, virtually all of them had left Ethiopia and taken up residence in Israel. They numbered about 80,000 . . . [or] about 1.4 percent of the population of Israel.”

With the exception of the Ethiopians, the three Jewish subpopulations greatly resemble each other genetically and are distinguishable from Gentiles. Nevertheless, centuries of separation produced considerable differences among them, due in part to intermarriage with Gentiles, even in the face of strict endogamy rules.

The most notable difference among Jewish groups is average IQ. While the Ashkenazi average is 110, the Sephardic average is about 99, close to that of Europeans. The Mizrahim score about 91, markedly lower than Europeans, but higher than the Arabs with whom they have lived, whose average is about 84. The genetically distinct Falashas have IQs of about 70, typical of sub-Saharan people.

------------

Judaism is both a race and a religion. Anyone of any race may convert to Judaism.

Nevertheless, nearly 80% of Jews are Ashkenazi Jews. When we add to the Ashkenazim the Sephardim, and the Mizrahim these make up the vast majority of Jews. These have ancestors who were Old Testament Israelites. They are considered to be racially Jewish, regardless of religious belief and practice. This is why Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, and Sigmund Freud are considered to have been Jews, even though they were atheists.

Richard Lynn, The Chosen People: A Study of Jewish Intelligence and Achievement,

Why do you keep making the same argument that has nothing to do with my point?

No one was arguing Jews are dumb. (Although reading Lisa's posts, you might get that impression). The point I was making is their messed up religion has messed up values that makes things that most decent Christians would consider unacceptable okay. Which causes the kinds of resentments that often wear out welcomes...

Let's take the Spanish Inquisition. Did the Spaniards take it out on the Jews because they were "Smarter"? No, they took it out on them because they had collaborated with the occupying Muslims for centuries. They were willing to sell out neighbors for money. And payback is... well, a female dog. Some forcefully converted to Christianity. Some fled with the Muslims to the Arab world (where they lived in relative comfort compared to Europe, at least until the Zionist Entity was formed and they wore out their welcome there.)

Now, before you go whining that I'm "rationalizing it" (I'm not), I'm just pointing out that we have a long history as humans of treating each other badly. And when we get treated badly, we often want to treat someone else badly.

let's stop doing that, M'Kay. Let's stop making excuses for our privilege just because we won life's lottery. Let's admit that there were wrongs done and correct them.

Judaism is both a race and a religion. Anyone of any race may convert to Judaism.

Nevertheless, nearly 80% of Jews are Ashkenazi Jews. When we add to the Ashkenazim the Sephardim, and the Mizrahim these make up the vast majority of Jews. These have ancestors who were Old Testament Israelites. They are considered to be racially Jewish, regardless of religious belief and practice. This is why Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, and Sigmund Freud are considered to have been Jews, even though they were atheists.

No, a bunch of white people from Central Europe have nothing to do with people who lived in the Levant 2000 years ago other than sharing a religion with them.

I have encountered bigotry against Orientals and Jews on the internet. It is based on resentment for Oriental and Jewish intelligence, success, and prosperity.

Some white Gentiles think that because their ancestors were in this country first, they are entitled to a better standard of living. I of course disagree. I am opposed to any kind of affirmative action. I want all careers to be open to talent, regardless of race, nation, and ethnicity.
People from Asia are Asian.

Some Asian Americans say affirmative action ruling used the group as ‘pawns’

“The white supremacist agendas behind these lawsuits use the small number of Asian Americans against affirmative action as pawns in their efforts,” the nonprofit Asian American Advocacy Fund said.

Many Asian American groups and leaders are speaking out against the Supreme Court ruling that struck down affirmative action Thursday.

Some experts and activists argued that the decision is an example of Asian Americans’ being used as a “wedge” to erode civil rights.

They point out that while the two cases, led by the conservative activist Ed Blum — who is white — argued that Harvard’s and the University of North Carolina’s policies discriminated against Asian Americans, no Asian American students came forward to testify to having experienced discrimination.

“The white supremacist agendas behind these lawsuits use the small number of Asian Americans against affirmative action as pawns in their efforts — weaponizing the model minority myth to divide our communities,” the nonprofit Georgia-based group Asian American Advocacy Fund said in a news release. “Affirmative action policies have played an important role in securing Asian American access to higher education.”

www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/asian-americans-say-affirmative-action-ruling-used-pawns-rcna91861

I think this pretty much speaks for itself. Most Asians support Affirmative Action because Asians are included in the policy.

www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/70-asian-americans-support-affirmative-action-here-s-why-misconceptions-n1247806

www.vox.com/politics/2023/6/29/23778734/asian-americans-affirmative-action-supreme-court-ruling

But in this case whites decided they could speak for Asians and I don't think Asians are pleased. Racists have concocted all kinds of lies about Asians being passed over and it was done only to return to the policy of whites only.

This case was about discrimination against Asians AND NOT ONE ASIAN TESTIFIED ABOUT BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. This is an example of white privilege when you can make a claim of racial discrimination without anyone testifying to it and it gets heard by the highest court in the land.

No one believes you suddenly care about Asians, instead of using them for boxing practice on the streets of your shithole cities.

Asians are very smart, according to performance on IQ tests. So they should be listened to. However, the OP only refers to "some" Asians. I can't imagine an Asian mom who pushes her kids to take advanced classes and study instead of partying as undergrads who would be fine with her daughter being denied admission to medical school by racists.

People from Asia are Asian.
Chinese and members of nations who learned civilization from China = Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese - are Asians, they are also Orientals. They are fine people. I prefer the Oriental race to my own race.

Chinese and members of nations who learned civilization from China = Koreans, Japanese, and Vietnamese - are Asians, they are also Orientals. They are fine people. I prefer the Oriental race to my own race.
I have to say that nearly all Asians I meet seem to be happy with what they're doing and good at it. Those types are much nicer to be around than miserable failures who blame others for their lack of success..

That's because white people are embarrassed by you.

I have to say that nearly all Asians I meet seem to be happy with what they're doing and good at it. Those types are much nicer to be around than miserable failures who blame others for their lack of success..
Again, I love Asian people... I'm going to marry one.
But, um, Asian people never encountered what black people have for the last 400 years.

I'm not sure what this thing is with rightwingers is that they need to minimize the horrors.

Like DeSatan saying that Slavery was a jobs-training program? Really, Seriously, what the fuck, dude.

Asians are very smart, according to performance on IQ tests. So they should be listened to. However, the OP only refers to "some" Asians. I can't imagine an Asian mom who pushes her kids to take advanced classes and study instead of partying as undergrads who would be fine with her daughter being denied admission to medical school by racists.

Yet, I don't see her bitching about the white legacies, the white athletes, the white children of staff, who get pushed to the head of the line.

That's because white people are embarrassed by you.

Again, I love Asian people... I'm going to marry one.
But, um, Asian people never encountered what black people have for the last 400 years.

I'm not sure what this thing is with rightwingers is that they need to minimize the horrors.

Like DeSatan saying that Slavery was a jobs-training program? Really, Seriously, what the fuck, dude.
What happened to Negroes in the past is not responsible for their low IQ's and high rates of crime and illegitimacy now. Their, and consequently our, problem is that the process of human evolution has not prepared them for the demands of civilization. Characteristics that enabled their ancestors to thrive in the tribal environments of sub Saharan Africa cause many of them to earn felony convictions in civilized countries.

Why do you keep making the same argument that has nothing to do with my point?

No one was arguing Jews are dumb. (Although reading Lisa's posts, you might get that impression). The point I was making is their messed up religion has messed up values that makes things that most decent Christians would consider unacceptable okay. Which causes the kinds of resentments that often wear out welcomes...

Let's take the Spanish Inquisition. Did the Spaniards take it out on the Jews because they were "Smarter"? No, they took it out on them because they had collaborated with the occupying Muslims for centuries. They were willing to sell out neighbors for money. And payback is... well, a female dog. Some forcefully converted to Christianity. Some fled with the Muslims to the Arab world (where they lived in relative comfort compared to Europe, at least until the Zionist Entity was formed and they wore out their welcome there.)

Now, before you go whining that I'm "rationalizing it" (I'm not), I'm just pointing out that we have a long history as humans of treating each other badly. And when we get treated badly, we often want to treat someone else badly.

let's stop doing that, M'Kay. Let's stop making excuses for our privilege just because we won life's lottery. Let's admit that there were wrongs done and correct them.
Nobody here who has a brain thinks I’m dumb, you antisemite.

Forum List

Back