Solution To School Opening Problem

Besides being a babysitting service, they are also expensive 'soup kitchens' for poorer tykes.

Imagine my surprise when the school bus showed on time the first day of closure ... not to pick up kids but to deliver breakfast ...

I'm not sure if the school district is required to do this ... it certainly fits the character of the community if they didn't have to ...

Survey Reveals Children Coped Well With School Closure
Without school, children exhibited increased independence and responsibility.

When COVID-19 resulted in closures of schools and after-school activities for children, generally beginning in early March of this year, there were some dire predictions about the effects this would have on children. Without the structure of school and other adult-directed activities, what would children do? How could parents deal with bored, restless children at home all day? What would happen to children’s minds and bodies? Would they just vegetate?

I have no doubt that the pandemic has had devastating effects on many families. But here I report on the results of a large-scale, demographically representative survey, conducted several weeks after schools closed, suggesting that most children were doing very well, in some ways better than they had before schools closed.

That wont work with many kids. Both parents working. No internet. Etc etc
Will they just be left out of the loop?
Not a very thought out OP

If the rural areas didn't invest in internet that's their problem.

Capitalism prevented it from happening. It's not profitable for a company to put it in the rural areas. The rural areas aren't willing to pay the taxes to put it in themselves.

So sad that they didn't do the right thing when it was easy and cheap.

So sad that conservative politicians refused to mandate that private business put it in rural areas even though they won't make a profit off those areas.

Now the conservative attitude of not giving a crap about people is coming back to bite those rural areas in the butt.

I want to have sympathy for them but they have what they want. They shouldn't complain about it.

Meanwhile the solution to that isn't to kill children, parents, grandparents and adults who work at the schools. The solution isn't to cause the virus to be spread more resulting in more damage to our nation and people.

There is internet in rural areas, just not fast internet. Give an iPad or computer to those who don't have one.

As for the parents needing to go to work, no they don't. They need to rise to the situation and stop being so lazy. Stop putting their wants before the needs of their children and our nation.

There are essential jobs that need to be done but others can be done from home or there is unemployment insurance. That's what it's for.

Opening up too early is going to destroy our nation.

There are solutions to problems if you want to find them.

Stop being so lazy. Work to find the solutions instead of complaining about those who do.

And the 5 and 6 year old kids had a voice in not investing in the Internet?

The "best" idea I've heard of when it came to school re-opening was that those whose last name begin with A-L, go on Monday and Thursday. Those who have M-Z go on Tuesdays and Fridays. The schools are decontaminated each evening and deep cleaned on Wednesday and Saturday.

Core Curricula only; not sports or extracurricular.

Opening of school is only a problem if you're a kid...

friends.jpg

I'll take the concerns that the OP has for dealing with Covid 19 as soon as she condemns protesters who daily congregate in the streets with no social distancing.

Forum List

Back