Solar power breakthrough aa miracle material - "gamechanger"

The technology gets better and better all of the time.. The tech will transform lives and bring about positive change for the environment and mankind.

Its nice to have some good news amid all the gloom.
Now all they have to do is solve that pesky lead toxicity issue that comes with perovskite solar cells.

I thought that though efficiency has improved the huge drawback was the speed at which these cells degrade .

Seems no mention of this critical area .

My co worker spent $66,000 installing a solar grid. He makes more electricity than he can use, even, so far, in the winter. He can sell back the excess for credits, but if he does not use all his credits in that calendar year, he forfeits them to the electric utility. With his tax breaks for this, he really spent less than $50,000, and I believe it will pay for itself in 12 years, then it is all free electricity.

My co worker spent $66,000 installing a solar grid. He makes more electricity than he can use, even, so far, in the winter. He can sell back the excess for credits, but if he does not use all his credits in that calendar year, he forfeits them to the electric utility. With his tax breaks for this, he really spent less than $50,000, and I believe it will pay for itself in 12 years, then it is all free electricity.

That's a lie. I have had a solar system for decades. In winter it makes virtually no power. In the summer it does real well.

Spring and fall are cloud cover dependent.

The technology gets better and better all of the time.. The tech will transform lives and bring about positive change for the environment and mankind.

Its nice to have some good news amid all the gloom.
How much energy would be generated on the coldest, shortest day in December if there is snow happening? Just asking?

That's a lie. I have had a solar system for decades. In winter it makes virtually no power. In the summer it does real well.
That's not a lie, he told me yesterday that he made 18 kwh Tuesday, when he usually makes over 30 kwh. It depends on how much sun is getting thru, but you still get less than you do in summer, obviously. (He showed me on his phone, I think those numbers are right)

Oh, and GFY.

That's not a lie, he told me yesterday that he made 18 kwh Tuesday, when he usually makes over 30 kwh. It depends on how much sun is getting thru, but you still get less than you do in summer, obviously. (He showed me on his phone, I think those numbers are right)

Oh, and GFY.

What state do you live in? Your numbers don't add up. I am not calling YOU a liar, I am calling HIM, a liar.

What state do you live in? Your numbers don't add up. I am not calling YOU a liar, I am calling HIM, a liar.
OK, no worries, but he showed me the outputs on his phone. I'm in Illinois.

Also, his system is brand new, and it might have higher outputs than an older system, I really don't know. He has told me he makes more than he uses, but only made something like 3 kwh on a cloudy day past week. I don't know much about it but it is really smart to have that, you have been ahead of the curve if you've had one already.

OK, no worries, but he showed me the outputs on his phone. I'm in Illinois.

Also, his system is brand new, and it might have higher outputs than an older system, I really don't know. He has told me he makes more than he uses, but only made something like 3 kwh on a cloudy day past week. I don't know much about it but it is really smart to have that, you have been ahead of the curve if you've had one already.

My system is three decades old. I can sniff out BS when I hear it. 66k to build a system is high. Theoretically he should be able to produce around 45kwh on a good day.

Like I said, his numbers don't add up. Either he didn't spend what he claims, or his system is the worst ever on the planet.

Like I said, his numbers don't add up. Either he didn't spend what he claims, or his system is the worst ever on the planet.
You're wrong, he knows how much electricity he needs, and it is winter here. The guy is smart enough to install the system himself, even though it was professionally done. When summer gets here those numbers will change. I believe him because he is a maintenance mechanic and can fix anything. And I mean anything.

I should have mentioned his system has been online for 2 weeks. So there is that. (Installed in the summer but a couple months getting needed permits, inspections, etc)

You're wrong, he knows how much electricity he needs, and it is winter here. The guy is smart enough to install the system himself, even though it was professionally done. When summer gets here those numbers will change. I believe him because he is a maintenance mechanic and can fix anything. And I mean anything.

I should have mentioned his system has been online for 2 weeks. So there is that. (Installed in the summer but a couple months getting needed permits, inspections, etc)

.75 cents per watt is at the high end of cost.

Do your own math.

Forum List

Back