Zone1 Social Security Scam

Many such arguments begin with a totally unrealistic premise, that of supposed wage amounts. In 1958, the year I was 18, the average wage was $3851 per year. My own earnings that year was $2021. It would be decades before I earned $20,000 per year.
Doesn't matter do the math and see what would have happened if you had control over that money. Just use the DJA for index for the same money that the government stole from you.

Doesn't matter do the math and see what would have happened if you had control over that money. Just use the DJA for index for the same money that the government stole from you.
I chaffed over all the taxes I had to pay. I needed every penny for living expenses. I wouldn't have saved or invested a nickel.

But only did that when we were ready to GIVE up subsidies. I delayed drawing retirement for a number of reasons. Not getting into them here. But even WHEN she started drawing early -- APPARENTLY (thru BAD INFORMATION from the "Obama Marketplace wizards in 2020) we still had a MINOR subsidy that went bye bye because we elected to just NOT submit a financial statement for that year and got marked "no subsidy".

I miss the days when I had people with 25 years of insurance background -- answering questions about my health insurance for biz and home. Obama FIRED all of them and put an ad on Craigs list for "ACA Market Consultants". And that's who you get today. NO CHOICE.
Should have called a local insurance agent in your area. Most know how to navigate and answer your questions and actually do an application correctly on the MP.

I chaffed over all the taxes I had to pay. I needed every penny for living expenses. I wouldn't have saved or invested a nickel.
But you wouldve had the same amount of money had you invested what the government took as SS tax. The only difference between you investing that money and the government taxing it is who ultimately controls it.

We are a minority but we are here ("The Millionaire(s) Next Door"). :cool:

SO...you pulled it from your sphincter. Figured.

You should never use your debit card for online purchases. That is extremely risky.
People's online information get hacked every-single-day. Eventually - and likely - you will also.
And that hacker has access to your real money.
On a credit card, you are guaranteed not to be held responsible for fraudulent charges.
Debit cards are also protected, but many banks require, by law, no more than 48 hour protection. In other words, if you didn't notice a charge you didn't make two days after it occurred - you are screwed.

Pablum. Many debit cards-including mine-have EXACTLY the same protections as a credit card.

The part you are not taking into account... just sayin...

Let's say you end SS forced savings January 2023.
Cool we all start keeping our own money. Yay!
Fast forward 20 years. Well...what do you know?.. big surprise!.. The VAST majority of Americans did not save that money. They spent it all on new cars, bigger houses etc. etc.
And now they are all screwed. Millions of people.
Millions of people makes a nice fat voting block! OOooOOoo!! And what party do you think will appease that big fat voting block?? You really think the government won't bail them out?? And whose money do you think is going to bail them out?

Their poor planning is not my problem. Honestly, at this point, we're screwed. The takers outnumber the makers and can simply keep voting for more slops as they feed at the trough.

Many debit cards-including mine-have EXACTLY the same protections as a credit card.
That is only partially true.
Look it up - most banks have the 48 hour caveat. If you don't report the unauthorized debit in 2 days or less - it sucks to be you.
That is not true with most credit cards.

SS isn't just taxes.

It's a money grab by the fucking government designed to keep people from being financially independent.

The last thing the government wants is a large number of people being financially independent.

SS isn't just taxes.

It's a money grab by the fucking government designed to keep people from being financially independent.

The last thing the government wants is a large number of people being financially independent.
Most working people are financially independent. It's when they retire that money problems begin.

That's your assumption. If people knew they had to provide for their retirement I think they do invest/save. Either way more would than do now, which would be an overall savings to the taxpayer because 100% of people get elderly welfare now....
SS is not a welfare program. It is fully funded by working people.

Their poor planning is not my problem. Honestly, at this point, we're screwed. The takers outnumber the makers and can simply keep voting for more slops as they feed at the trough.
If "we" are screwed you must also be a victim of 'poor planning', eh?

That is only partially true.
Look it up - most banks have the 48 hour caveat. If you don't report the unauthorized debit in 2 days or less - it sucks to be you.
That is not true with most credit cards.

No, that's wrong. My debit card has EXACTLY the same protections as a credit card.

If "we" are screwed you must also be a victim of 'poor planning', eh?

No, just poor government.

No, that's wrong. My debit card has EXACTLY the same protections as a credit card.

No, just poor government.
If we blame government, then government has to change.
If we blame ourselves, we must change.
Which do you think would be the most likely to happen?
I've always blamed myself for my mistakes, and it has worked out pretty well as I am able to change rather quickly. The government not so much.

If we blame government, then government has to change.
If we blame ourselves, we must change.
Which do you think would be the most likely to happen?
I've always blamed myself for my mistakes, and it has worked out pretty well as I am able to change rather quickly. The government not so much.

Neither, I think we're screwed. At this point, I just hope it doesn't implode until I'm dead.

Forum List

Back