Zone1 Social Security Scam

ObamaCare has what to do with anything? It may in your wife's case, but I am on COBRA while my wife is on Medicare.

Soc Sec and Medicare seem stone SIMPLE compared to ObamaCare. When the govt takes away your professsional org insurance and leaves you No option, but the ACA Marketplace -- sometimes easing into retirement FORCES you juggle all 3 at a time. In my case, we used early enrollment in SSec to pay the premiums for her ObamaCare until SHE goes on Medicare.

Social Security worked
Americans love it
Because most Americans have the financial literacy of goldfish.
You're just unwilling to actually discuss SS on the merits. Probably because on the merits SS is a losing argument.
RW does not debate. Ever.
AGREE on increase of the cap, Any age increase needs to be tiny, last time adding 3 months did not alter life much.
Easiest would be a return to the original parameters: set the age to collect at the average life expectancy, plus two.

Well see how close I was. LOL... I try to forget all the hassle of figuring out things like ObamaCare and other govt programs. It's traumatic and frustrating.

Wife was on the phone with ACA exchange about renewal for 2 hrs and 15 minutes JUST YESTERDAY. Has to happen EVERY YEAR with new "income estimates" and ever changing plans that now are "crap grade" insurance for "Bronze and Silver" plans. We DRED THIS EVERY YEAR. Long story -- but found out we LEFT a $300 per month subsidy on the cutting room floor every month last year. Woulda paid for a nice vacation. Or my sporting clays bill. Or a set of new tires or my bird seed bill... LOL,,,,
By your wife drawing SS you upped your income and upping income certainly gives you less subsidy.

If you should have received more subsidy and you didn't, you should receive that back in your tax return.

Why do you believe in this fantasy? You know very well it is not possible.
Of course it is.

Keep the mandated contributions but let people hold their own money in account the fucking government can't get its grubby, corrupt paws on.

But like I said the last thing the politicians and their masters want is a financially secure populace

Because of the Government using the fund as it's personal piggy bank there is no accumulation. Those not collecting now are paying for those who do.

Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒnzi/, Italian: [ˈpontsi]) is a form of fraud that lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors with funds from more recent investors.
It's actually a 'pyramid scheme', where 'investors' gradually move up and collect benefits from those payers enlisted at the base.

Last edited:
Because of the Government using the fund as it's personal piggy bank there is no accumulation.
There's no 'accumulation' at your local bank either, or your stock or bond fund, or your Treasuries, or your 401, or your company retirement fund. They are all I.O.U.'s

The Courts have failed us. But you go on with your campaign, and watch the house of cards continue to crumble.

There's a direct relationship between liberal ambitions for expanding state power and the reactionary Trumpster movement. Again, the agreement is conditional. Government can't rule people the way you'd like. Even if they are in the minority.
We are a representative democracy, which seeks to take the emotion and hysteria of the mob out of legislating. It works pretty well.

Covered. LOL.

But again, I agree, SS is not a Ponzi scheme. If someone screws over investors with a Ponzi scheme, they go to jail. If they do it with a government program, they get re-elected.
SS 'investors' have never been screwed over. In fact, the program has been expanded beyond its original intention.

yup
That is the way it works

Used to be workers collected Social Security for five years after they retired. Now, they live 20.
True. I've collected for nearly 20 years, and because I'm still working and paying in, with increased wages, my SS benefit has risen substantially. However, those bennies are taxed heavily.

Forum List

Back