Zone1 Social Security Scam

This is the problem with "fact-checkers". The 1% and $1400 cap is a fact. And the more important fact is that FDR DID NOT GET THE SYSTEM HE WANTED. ANYTHING he said about the system WAS GONE after about 1942. When he vetoed TWO bills to raise the FICA and cap. In fact, in his INITIAL SELLING of the program -- he DID PROMISE that the rate and cap would remain close to the same.
But -- it ended up to be pay-as-you-go rather than a SECURED pool of your SEGREGATED retirement funds.

When Roosevelt proposed Social Security in 1935, he envisioned a contributory pension plan. Workers' payroll taxes ("contributions") would be saved and used to pay their retirement benefits. Initially, before workers had time to pay into the system, there would be temporary subsidies. But Roosevelt rejected Social Security as a "pay-as-you-go" system that channeled the taxes of today's workers to pay today's retirees. That, he believed, would saddle future generations with huge debts — or higher taxes — as the number of retirees expanded.

Discovering that the original draft proposal wasn't a contributory pension, Roosevelt ordered it rewritten and complained to Frances Perkins, his labor secretary: "This is the same old dole under another name. It is almost dishonest to build up an accumulated deficit for the Congress ... to meet."

But Roosevelt's vision didn't prevail
. In the 1940s and early 1950s, Congress gradually switched Social Security to a pay-as-you-go system. Interestingly, a coalition of liberals and conservatives pushed the change. Liberals wanted higher benefits, which — with few retirees then — existing taxes could support. Conservatives disliked the huge surpluses the government would accumulate under a contributory plan.

All this is well-told in Sylvester Schieber's The Predictable Surprise: The Unraveling of the U.S. Retirement System. Schieber probably knows more about American retirement programs than anyone. He has advised the Social Security system, consulted with private firms and written widely on the subject. His book shows how today's "entitlement" psychology dates to Social Security's muddled beginnings.

Millions of Americans believe (falsely) that their payroll taxes have been segregated to pay for their benefits and that, therefore, they "earned" these benefits. To reduce them would be to take something that is rightfully theirs. Indeed, Roosevelt — believing he had created a contributory program — said exactly that:

"We put those payroll contributions there so as to give the contributors a legal, moral and political right to collect their pensions. … No damn politician can ever scrap my Social Security program."

I

FYI

My fact check was the Social Security Administration itself, not a fly by night!I

------------------

But did you always have to pay in to it for the 10 years before you were eligible....? 9 1/2 years paying in and nothing in return?

If so, wouldn't that conflict with that author saying that Roosevelt was claiming it was a pension, in the citizens own name....?

It sounded like with the quotes posted, that he could have been talking about a separate fund for SS and NOT putting it in with the general budget??

FYI

My fact check was the Social Security Administration itself, not a fly by night!I

i know. Entirely caught that. In fact, that HIDDEN quote in the back of the 2019 SS financial statement I quoted is prefaced with TEN PAGES OF THAT flimsy lying accounting that you posted. It's not til the end pages where they TELL YOU IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS -- that what's IN the phony Trust Fund CANNOT BE USED TO PAY CURRENT BILLS !!!
But did you always have to pay in to it for the 10 years before you were eligible....? 9 1/2 years paying in and nothing in return?

If so, wouldn't that conflict with that author saying that Roosevelt was claiming it was a pension, in the citizens own name....?

Dont think it's 9 or 10 years even now. Isn't it like 30 quarters or something? Or 30 quarters gets you the MINIMUM qualifying benefit and it goes up from there.

FDR was LIVID that the politicos wouldn't let it be a flat percentage of your income. I once had a quote from him that "I will eat my hat (or something like that) if Soc Sec ever costs more than 2% of income.

Maybe HE ORIGINALLY ENVISIONED a 9 or 10 year pay-in to get interest or something. The way you VEST in a retirement fund in the old days. But the money WAS YOURS -- whatever you put in. He gets credit for the program -- but if he saw how expensive it is TODAY -- he'd probably die again.

What made it NOT Universal more than the FICA rate was raising the CAP to $90K. Like FDR said in the quote I gave -- "that's just the dole by another name". Because the more you MAKE - the RETURN on investment starts to go ridiculously negative. Especially comparing to the 10 year market average on SAFE investments that the money COULD have sat in. Its become another form of redistribution. Which is WORSE "than the dole"..

It coulda, shoulda -- gotten fixed before the (silent) Baby Boomer crisis hit. It didn't. NOW it's raising the REAL DEFICIT by about $60 or $85Bill/year in BONDS that the treasury has to sell and pay interest on.

Last edited:
Thank you SOCIAL SECURITY, For helping me keep my middle class life style, I worked years to acquire, and will end my days in middle class comfort.

SS is a wealth thief that keeps poor people from passing down wealth accumulated over a lifetime.

200 dollars a month invested at 7% over 50 years gives the investor over a million dollars.

200 dollars a month is what someone making 20k a year pays per month to SS. (worker and employer). 7% is a very conservative investment return.

So someone living well below the poverty line is a millionaire when they retire if they never make a dime over 9.60 an hour, working 40 hours a week if they money the SSA takes from them is allowed to be invested by the individual instead of spent by Congress.

That person would have to live for another 86 years if they took all the money they invested stuck it in their mattress and doled it out to themselves at the rate SS does.

That person would make more on the interest of their investment (4X more) than they would from SS.

Even at 3% interest you are better off.
Where did your 7% come from? It's brown and covered in fecal matter, so I am guessing you pulled it out of your ass!

i know. Entirely caught that. In fact, that HIDDEN quote in the back of the 2019 SS financial statement I quoted is prefaced with TEN PAGES OF THAT flimsy lying accounting that you posted. It's not til the end pages where they TELL YOU IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS -- that what's IN the phony Trust Fund CANNOT BE USED TO PAY CURRENT BILLS !!!

Dont think it's 9 or 10 years even now. Isn't it like 30 quarters or something? Or 30 quarters gets you the MINIMUM qualifying benefit and it goes up from there.

FDR was LIVID that the politicos wouldn't let it be a flat percentage of your income. I once had a quote from him that "I will eat my hat (or something like that) if Soc Sec ever costs more than 2% of income.

Maybe HE ORIGINALLY ENVISIONED a 9 or 10 year pay-in to get interest or something. The way you VEST in a retirement fund in the old days. But the money WAS YOURS -- whatever you put in. He gets credit for the program -- but if he saw how expensive it is TODAY -- he'd probably die again.

What made it NOT Universal more than the FICA rate was raising the CAP to $90K. Like FDR said in the quote I gave -- "that's just the dole by another name". Because the more you MAKE - the RETURN on investment starts to go ridiculously negative. Especially comparing to the 10 year market average on SAFE investments that the money COULD have sat in. Its become another form of redistribution. Which is WORSE "than the dole"..

It coulda, shoulda -- gotten fixed before the (silent) Baby Boomer crisis hit. It didn't. NOW it's raising the REAL DEFICIT by about $60 or $85Bill/year in BONDS that the treasury has to sell and pay interest on.

It's 40 quarters (10 years).

The three I know...
1) Was a really good worker before, then he was hanging Christmas lights and fell off the ladder and landed on where the TV tower used to be a broke his hip. In the process of healing he became seriously addicted to painkillers. I offered to hold his job for him and the company would pay for his drug treatment at a facility. He refused. Ended up having to fire him maybe 2 weeks later. He ends up getting divorced, ends up in jail for possession and then he ends up on SS for "mental issues" WHAT??
2) A pressman genuinely got hurt on the job trying to lift a roll of paper. He was out for several months. I give him a desk job where he orders supplies, does inventory etc. He ends up quitting not even a year into it and gets on SS. As it happens a person I know lives 2 doors down from him. This was about 2 years later.... he is still on SS and he is mowing his grass on a riding lawnmower. I also notice he has a fishing boat! Oh... yeah... so bad off he can't work, but can bounce around on a riding lawnmower and put a boat in and out of water!
3) Bonzi's ex-husband. "Stomach issues". He is on full SS. No shit. Stomach issues.
But he ate anything he wanted, played 18 holes golf two days a week and liked to be outside doing yard work! But "can't work".

Social Security fraud is rampant. Millions receiving benefits just like these losers.
Meanwhile I have RA, Chronic Venous Insufficiency and an Aortic aneurysm and I go to work everyday.
That is NOT Social Security. That is is Disability.

1. It's not 1935. We are far more prosperous as a nation and individually than people in 1935 could have dreamed of. The opportunity for people to be upwardly mobile far exceeds what was possible in 1935. SS is an impediment to that. Certainly, it's an impediment to passing on wealth intergenerationally. BTW this "disproportionately effects" black and brown folks, who pay in and don't live nearly as long on the back end to collect.

2. SS doesn't "allow" people to accumulate "benefits". It forces people to send their money to Washington to be spent in the general fund while Washington hopes they don't make to retirement age.

3. Here's an idea teach retirement and monetary planning in school. A skill people will actually use in their lifetime, and which will make them a better more responsible citizen. We can drop the trans/sex/gay/crt etc instruction to make room for it.
Why teach something that would possibly change in a few years? My father retired in 1984 when I graduated from college. . There is nothing the same as when I retired this year.

He never heard of a 401K and never made more than $17000 a year working for GE.

I was in the military for many years. My daughter is now. Her retirement and mine are/were nowhere near alike.

You really want to live in a country that FORCES workers into 6 to 12% cut of their paychecks going to FICA and then makes them WORK until 70? You OK with 69 year old roofers and firemen?

I'm not. It's a cynical trap.. Especially if you dont age very well.
It's supposed to be UNIVERSAL and AVAILABLE. Right now at qualifying age of 63.5 -- more than 70% of workers have NEGATIVE returns on SS investment because they DIE in less 15 years.

You OK with that negative ROI going to 85% ?????

You need to get grip on reality. A 63.5 qualifying age? I'll assume that is a typo you did not correct.

You need to get grip on reality. A 63.5 qualifying age? I'll assume that is a typo you did not correct.

You CAN take Soc Sec "early". They derate the monthly payments the earlier you take it. The 63.5 was the EARLIEST to my best recollection. I did this with my wife -- to avoid tapping into retirement savings to pay for her outrageous ObamaCare premiums. (I dont get much of a subsidy at all for that).

You CAN take Soc Sec "early". They derate the monthly payments the earlier you take it. The 63.5 was the EARLIEST to my best recollection. I did this with my wife -- to avoid tapping into retirement savings to pay for her outrageous ObamaCare premiums. (I dont get much of a subsidy at all for that).

The early retirement age is 62. I should know! I turned 62 this month and I get my first check in January.

The early retirement age is 62. I should know! I turned 62 this month and I get my first check in January.

Well see how close I was. LOL... I try to forget all the hassle of figuring out things like ObamaCare and other govt programs. It's traumatic and frustrating.

Wife was on the phone with ACA exchange about renewal for 2 hrs and 15 minutes JUST YESTERDAY. Has to happen EVERY YEAR with new "income estimates" and ever changing plans that now are "crap grade" insurance for "Bronze and Silver" plans. We DRED THIS EVERY YEAR. Long story -- but found out we LEFT a $300 per month subsidy on the cutting room floor every month last year. Woulda paid for a nice vacation. Or my sporting clays bill. Or a set of new tires or my bird seed bill... LOL,,,,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back