So you're going to ban shrinkflation?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
That's just like imposing price freezing isn't it? Didn't Nixon try that?

If your telling a vendor what his unit price must be then it's price freezing

Now I'm like anybody else....I noticed when a gallon of ice cream became 3 quarts. I noticed When the big Mac became the little Mac. I noticed when my cable subscription dropped channels and raised prices. I didn't like it very much but I also understand that if costs rise in the supply chain that the end cost to the consumer will also Rise.

I guess some of it is gouging....some inflation....some supply and demand ...some of it currency devaluation.

So what is the real point here? If vendors cannot shrink size then they will simply raise the price right? But wait! In the final analysis isn't that the same thing?

Jo

The Biden economy isn't as good as they'd have you think.
  • First they don't count food and energy which are two of the things people need most which are also the highest inflating in cost!
  • Then the government started buying up much of its own debt, I forget what they call this, (monetizing the debt), but it makes it look like the debt is much lower than it really is.

Last edited:
The Biden economy isn't as good as they'd have you think.
  • First they don't count food and energy which are two of the things people need most which are also the highest inflating in cost!
  • Then the government started buying up much of its own debt, I forget what they call this, (monetizing the debt), but it makes it look like the debt is much lower than it really is.

First they don't count food and energy which are two of the things people need most which are also the highest inflating in cost!

Food and energy are included in CPI.

Then the government started buying up much of its own debt, I forget what they call this, (monetizing the debt), but it makes it look like the debt is much lower than it really is.

The Fed was buying Treasuries at the beginning of Biden's term.

1707771093179.png

They've been selling since mid-2022

but it makes it look like the debt is much lower than it really is.

All I hear is the debt is over $34 trillion.

1707771188642.png

1707771395377.png

If they subtracted the Trust Funds and the Fed holdings, they'd say the debt is $22.5 trillion.

No just yell about it and pass the buck. this all began with massive.covid spending and it didnt stop once the faucet was opened.

Companies responding to increased cost to continue to provide the product consumers love .. When will democrats (and biden) realize, that companies are in business to make a profit ... and not to meet stupid requests from an incompetent president. Why do democrats struggle with profits, regardless of amount? Making a profit / money is evil to democrats ...

Now I'm like anybody else....I noticed when a gallon of ice cream became 3 quarts. I noticed When the big Mac became the little Mac. I noticed when my cable subscription dropped channels and raised prices. I didn't like it very much but I also understand that if costs rise in the supply chain that the end cost to the consumer will also Rise.

I guess some of it is gouging....some inflation....some supply and demand ...some of it currency devaluation.

So what is the real point here? If vendors cannot shrink size then they will simply raise the price right? But wait! In the final analysis isn't that the same thing?

Jo

Just join Sam's Club. They don't do small quantities of anything. When I bought OTC allergy medicine, I had to get 400 pills.

Companies responding to increased cost to continue to provide the product consumers love .. When will democrats (and biden) realize, that companies are in business to make a profit ... and not to meet stupid requests from an incompetent president. Why do democrats struggle with profits, regardless of amount? Making a profit / money is evil to democrats ...
I'm wondering why this is coming up now? Somebody down in DC finally figured out what's pissing people off?

I'm wondering why this is coming up now? Somebody down in DC finally figured out what's pissing people off?
Inflationary prices .. not a surprise that companies are responding to address their bottom line. What's Biden going to do .. legislate that companies can't make a profit?

All they can really do is regulate how much packaging can be used so as to not mislead consumers about the volume of product.

Jo

I've never bought Cadbury's and Mars chocolate bars for years, they're too small for the money. There are many items I no longer buy from the supermarket due to products shrinking in size. Even large eggs are smaller!!

The other half and I decided to try Burger King a week or two ago, we've not used one for a year or two. The size of the cheese burger!! Let's just say, Burger King is off the list. I can buy a bigger microwave burger from the supermarket for less than half the price.

Manufacturers and retailers don't need to be controlled on item size and pricing, folk just need to be more savvy and quit buying over half the crap.

Forum List

Back