CPI for January is 3.1% vs 2.9% expected

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
3.1 rather than the 2.9 expected.
That is some very sticky inflation.
And they want to borrow and spend even MORE!
Going to be here for a long, long time.
temp_jpg-3127703.JPG

Sorry stock market, no rate cuts for you.

The dems knew it would be bad so they trotted FBJ out to talk about shrinkflation the other day. If one thing the dems are it's consistent.

Damn, the dow is taking a -400 points shit on the news.

The 10 year yield is also spiking on this news. It’s only going to be for so much longer that our government can borrow and debase our currency before other countries demand to be paid more to own our junk bonds.

By paid more, I mean a rate of interest the government won’t be able to afford to pay without printing even more money. Then in steps the Fed as the buyer of last resort as the printing presses go into overdrive.

We will "enjoy" inflation like nothing we have seen yet.

Last edited:
Sixty percent of Americans have to use charge cards to pay their monthly bills.
I do that.
I do all my grocery shopping on line. ever tried shoving a $20 bill into a usb port?
I also pay other bills via credit card.

MY SWA rewards card currently has enough points to fly 50 round trips
AND
I've only flown twice, using points, in the last 4 years.

Why turn down free "money?"

JoeB131 where are you today on this news?​

The latest data on jobs has been showing for months now that full-time jobs have been declining precipitously and part-time jobs increasing. When you have millions of new workers schlepping into the country it also depresses wages.

So, the .gov is masking employment weakening with "Look how many jerbs were added!" Bidenomics propaganda and not "Look how many full-time workers lost their jobs and now have to work part-time!".

To add insult to injury the meat of the full-time jobs "created" were in the state/fed .govs.

Work force participation rates are also down over that same period.

If the actual inflation that people see with their own eyes continues to increase, the correction that has already started will be too obvious to ignore before long.

Add to that everyone knows good and well the revision in a couple of weeks will make it worse yet.

JoeB131 where are you today on this news?​

The latest data on jobs has been showing for months now that full-time jobs have been declining precipitously and part-time jobs increasing. When you have millions of new workers schlepping into the country it also depresses wages.

So, the .gov is masking employment weakening with "Look how many jerbs were added!" Bidenomics propaganda and not "Look how many full-time workers lost their jobs and now have to work part-time!".

To add insult to injury the meat of the full-time jobs "created" were in the state/fed .govs.

Work force participation rates are also down over that same period.

If the actual inflation that people see with their own eyes continues to increase, the correction that has already started will be too obvious to ignore before long.

Add to that everyone knows good and well the revision in a couple of weeks will make it worse yet.
Trying to make 3.1% inflation seem like a disaster is pretty difficult but good for you for trying.

3.1 rather than the 2.9 expected.
That is some very sticky inflation.
And they want to borrow and spend even MORE!
Going to be here for a long, long time.
temp_jpg-3127703.JPG

Sorry stock market, no rate cuts for you.
Americans have gotten so used to borrowing for every major purchase, the rate increases just aren't having the expected effect. Americans just look at their monthly payment and sign on the dotted line.

So 3.1 added on top of what it was last month is good news?

Don't you understand cumulative inflation?
3.1% is year over year, so it takes into account inflation last month and the other 11 months before that.

January inflation was 0.3% for the month.

Forum List

Back