So, you want to sign the Organ Donor Card? The "experts" make it weird and risky.........

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Check out this story....you thought you would be a good person and sign your Organ Donor part of your drivers license to help save people....then the medical "experts," go and make it weird and risky to do so......cause they are weird and skeevy.....

Many medical professionals are uncomfortable with donation after circulatory death because they know that patients are routinely resuscitated after 2–3 minutes of cardiac arrest. Dr. Ari Joffe, a clinical professor of pediatrics and critical care at the University of Alberta, has found at least 12 patients whose hearts restarted without any medical intervention after as much as 10 minutes of cardiac arrest, and some of these patients made a complete recovery. In 2020, the heart of a young woman who had been declared dead by circulatory criteria was noted to have restarted during the removal of her kidneys, even as she began to gasp for breath. The coroner declared her "second" death a homicide. Because of concerns such as these, the American College of Physicians (ACP) recommended in 2021 that the practice of NRP-cDCD be paused, as "the burden of proof regarding the ethical and legal propriety of this practice has not been met." Other nations, such as Australia, have banned NRP-cDCD altogether. But despite ongoing ethical concerns, this type of organ-harvesting is continuing and expanding in the USA.

Dr. Ari Joffe, a clinical professor of pediatrics and critical care at the University of Alberta, has found at least 12 patients whose hearts restarted without any medical intervention after as much as 10 minutes of cardiac arrest, and some of these patients made a complete recovery.

I question the validity of this.

If the heart's not pumping blood, then oxygen isn't going to the brain. If the brain is robbed of oxygen for four minutes, irreparable brain
damage can result. A person can die just five minutes after that. Ten minutes? At ten minutes, what's known as cerebral hypoxia occurs; basically a person is brain dead.

I dunno', man. I'm not buyin' it...

Forum List

Back