so ya think the gop is gonna lower your taxes?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
again the gop is using nc as a petri dish for their draconian politics.....got my new withholding form for state taxes..suddenly the first child doesnt count as a dependent...basically in nc now the first child does not count...nc is a tax hell pay attention people to what they are doing here...crippling the average citizen and doing away with the middle class..

The North Carolina General Assembly recently enacted House Bill 998 which becomes effective for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2014. Under this new law, taxpayers may no longer claim a personal exemption for themselves, their spouse, children, or any other qualifying dependents. Additionally, many deductions and tax credits that impact North Carolina withholding tax are no longer available for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2014.

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW NC-4 REQUIREMENTS FOR 2014 | Savers Admin

Pretty good argument against their theory that somehow the STATES won't be oppressive but the FEDS always will.

more to me...shows what the gop will do if given the chance....cripple the economy and tax the poor......while providing no services....

but the conservatives from nc on here arent saying a word

I never thought there should be tax deductions personal or dependent.

It doesn't seem right to me that people with no dependents pay a higher percentage of their pay to the government.

Mistaken or not, you folks need to join together and lead an effort to do away with your income tax.

They tried that democrats refused.

I don't doubt it. Still, stealing the bread from the mouths of working folks to feed and empower the state has got to resonate with voters.

Well let me take what I said back.
Republican did lower the tax rate for state income tax this year they haven't done away with it yet but lowered the rate.

They tried that democrats refused.

I don't doubt it. Still, stealing the bread from the mouths of working folks to feed and empower the state has got to resonate with voters.

Republican did lower the tax rate for state income tax this year they haven't done away with it yet but lowered the rate.

As even the quickest review of my posting history will demonstrate I am even more unforgiving of GOPers than I am of Dems. Some mistake this as tacit support of the Dems, when, in fact, I dispise hypocrits and liars.

A scorpion and a frog are trying to cross a stream. The frog offers the scorpion a ride in return for not being stung. The scorpion agrees. Once on the other side the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks "why, after bringing you safely across and in spite of your promise, would you sting me?". The scorpion replied "I am a scorpion, it is what I do".

We are the frogs, politicians (of every stripe) are scorpions.

so basically nc you are good with loaning the state your money interest free? that is what they are making people do ...isnt it?

As even the quickest review of my posting history will demonstrate I am even more unforgiving of GOPers than I am of Dems. Some mistake this as tacit support of the Dems, when, in fact, I dispise hypocrits and liars.

A scorpion and a frog are trying to cross a stream. The frog offers the scorpion a ride in return for not being stung. The scorpion agrees. Once on the other side the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks "why, after bringing you safely across and in spite of your promise, would you sting me?". The scorpion replied "I am a scorpion, it is what I do".

We are the frogs, politicians (of every stripe) are scorpions.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20131218/NEWS01/312180036/

Forum List

Back