So, who is stocking their shelves?

You are smart to consider site defense. We are hopeless on our site --- it could not be defended, and I know it. We just don't discuss it and hope for the best. We are prepped for the short term, but the bad site is a problem for the long term.

It was pure luck finding the place.
Had a bunch of buddies already on the spot and when I asked the land owner about getting one myself he said there were no openings.
My buddies told me to keep pestering him but be polite about it and he'd eventually give in.
The guy was very picky about who he would let on the property. If you're already a member you can bring one guest and after seeing me there with my buddy he got to know me and let me lease a spot. If you dont know someone you ain't getting in.
It's 6000 acres with around 15 or 20 members, the vast majority are there to hunt but there's also fishing leases so theres a shit load of room to roam and in the summer you generally dont see anyone on the property other than those doing some fishing.
In the summer months when there's no hunting you're free to roam the 6K acres but only on SxS's , no trucks except for the main road and no motorcycles.
We'll get a group of us in SxS's and coolers full of beer and go night and day wheeling.
95D747A5-8D0E-4303-935C-0269C169E168.jpeg

504FFFB2-B9CC-499E-B7F6-9CF67C2BC421.jpeg

This lake is is right off the campsite and there's dozens of them.
Then there's Palmer Lake which is an ox bow lake of of the Trinity river. It's full of bass and gators.
There's a small one on the log.
19532FC4-7344-4695-8317-D94130D10BE1.jpeg

Yeah that. I've eaten deer a few times, and wasn't impressed. Too lean and too dry, unless you wrap it in bacon. Deer sausage is pretty good, but most of the processing plants here charge $150 to process the deer, cut it into steaks, roasts, and make sausage.

Thats what I love about the Axis deer.
The meat is outstanding with no gamey taste. They come from India originally and they only eat grass.
You can steak out the whole animal if you want to,unlike a white tail where you want to make sausage out of the lessor cuts.
And they're far bigger than a whitetail.

1634340032743.png

Thats what I love about the Axis deer.
The meat is outstanding with no gamey taste. They come from India originally and they only eat grass.
You can steak out the whole animal if you want to,unlike a white tail where you want to make sausage out of the lessor cuts.
And they're far bigger than a whitetail.

View attachment 552310

Never seen one of them. How do they get all the way over here from India?

:laughing0301:

Never seen one of them. How do they get all the way over here from India?

:laughing0301:

They were imported as game animals to Texas.
Turns out the Texas Hill Country is a perfect habitat for em and of course some eventually escaped the high fence ranches and they started breeding in the wild.
Now they're everywhere and you can shoot em all year long since they arent a native species.
I used to wake up every morning and look out the window of the master bedroom to see if any were hanging out in the pecan bottom.
If they were I'd put on my bathrobe and sneak out the front door and shoot em with the .270 off the back stairs to the deck.
There are so many exotics in the Texas Hill Country it's hard to keep up with em.
This is just a few of em.

1634347049131.png

1634347086674.png

1634347110820.png

1634347142688.png

1634347190603.png

1634347222140.png

@Hang on sloopy

I kinda feel bad for those hunters. We live in a very rural area and Walmart hasn't had any ammunition for the last year and a half. Hunting ammo in calibers like 30-30, 30-06, .243 and 270 are pretty much non-existent. .35 Remington is going for $4 bucks a round, if you can find it. and what the local gun shop has is pretty pricey.

I'm pretty well stocked up on ammo, because I've been buying it at garage sales for the last 8 years or so, even ammunition I don't have guns for. We have 100 acres of woods on our land, but I hardly ever go hunting. Probably would if I needed to. We usually let one of the neighbors do a deer drive through our property every year, so he brings us steaks and roasts.
You mean to tell me it costs 4 to 8 bucks to grease a thug today??? That inflation has to be around 3000 percent compared to 20 yrs

Extend bow and arrow season.......no

Are Pumpkin Ball shells costly?...Great for property hunting no?

Intuition is kicking in big time. I cannot stress enough that y'all MUST stock up on neccessities. Now. Not later. NOW.

Intuition is kicking in big time. I cannot stress enough that y'all MUST stock up on neccessities. Now. Not later. NOW.
Ive been stocked up on pretty much everything since Last Nov/ December.

One thing I have been stocking up on lately is canned pet food though since it’s getting hard to find.

Everything else I buy one or two extras per shopping trip. Nothing too crazy. But I’m still good for several months if not a full year or more :)

Every time I go to the store, I buy a case of water. I have ordered cases of soups from amazon. Stocking up on medicinals too...aspirin, cortizone, neosporin, alcohol, bandages, etc. Also stocking up on cat food (thankfully she only eats dry). Matches. Lots of matches. And sterno.

Batteries too. Wish I could afford a crank up radio.......no batteries? Crank that sucker to life.

I just ordered another camp stove....little one. Wood OR sterno. Big enough for one pot to sit on.

I dunno...something is telling me to get this done NOW.

What am I missing? What's you guys list? Maybe you have on there something I am forgetting.

I have been stocked for a while. We have enough put aside for several months. I think it's funny when these dumbass leftists laugh at people who prepare for emergencies. They shall reap what they sow.
I was raised by a grandma that lived through the depression. We were always taught to have a stocked pantry at all times . Nothing new there.

I mainly started stocking up on soap,body wash,shampoo,tooth paste,paper products ,cleaning supplies as well as Toys for bdays and Christmas ( and other large purchases such as shelving I wanted) so I wouldn’t have to participate in a Biden economy. Good thing too seeing as how he has jacked everything up.

Hoarding old cans of soup and TP ain't gonna solve your anxiety. Get involved in politics and get rid of the vermin that caused the shortages.

@Hang on sloopy

I kinda feel bad for those hunters. We live in a very rural area and Walmart hasn't had any ammunition for the last year and a half. Hunting ammo in calibers like 30-30, 30-06, .243 and 270 are pretty much non-existent. .35 Remington is going for $4 bucks a round, if you can find it. and what the local gun shop has is pretty pricey.

I'm pretty well stocked up on ammo, because I've been buying it at garage sales for the last 8 years or so, even ammunition I don't have guns for. We have 100 acres of woods on our land, but I hardly ever go hunting. Probably would if I needed to. We usually let one of the neighbors do a deer drive through our property every year, so he brings us steaks and roasts.
This guy has a bunch of Remington 30-30 guns for sale. He may have a Golden Spike? May also have a 32-25 or 32 special? Made after 1964?

Anyways, he's asking $1000 each. I told him I'd give him $1000 for 2. He's taking them to get them appraised. But what they are worth and what he can get for them is two different things. Plus if you can't find any ammo....

I know 2 for $1000 is a steal.

Batteries too. Wish I could afford a crank up radio.......no batteries? Crank that sucker to life.

I just ordered another camp stove....little one. Wood OR sterno. Big enough for one pot to sit on.

I dunno...something is telling me to get this done NOW.

You sound like my Wife.
It's finally sunk in that there's a strong possibility that the shit may hit the fan.
When she asked me if I thought we had enough ammo was the real indicator that she's now a believer.

Your house and the water spout/fish does not compute. Lol

No one lives in a house that nice and has a spout in the yard.

You live on a lake or are the pics unrelated to your property?

Nice digs btw. If I was an envious person you'd have my attention but I'm a simple man

Your house and the water spout/fish does not compute. Lol

No one lives in a house that nice and has a spout in the yard.

You live on a lake or are the pics unrelated to your property?

Nice digs btw. If I was an envious person you'd have my attention but I'm a simple man

You missed the part where I said we'd head to the lake which sits on 6k acres and is for members only.
That would be where the spring is located.
We can be there in an hour and a half.

Forum List

Back