So WHO Do We Believe? Portland Mayor or Trump?

Trump has a lengthy, well documented record of lying. Who can believe anything he says now?
It seems to me he has a record of being right most of the time whike the democrats are a bunch of lying assholes who'd say or do anything to keep their place at the tit, leeching off of the public.

Seems to me your evaluation is a bit...whacked. As an FYI, my state is hard core pro-Trump, with a large proportion sucking off the public tit as you put it. Funny how that works.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Governors need to do a better job protecting the cities. A feckless response just gives “justification“ to President Trump to take action. In addition, federal police have the responsibility to protect federal property. Period

That being said, an autocratic response from the WH is repugnant to the concept of federalism. “Not doing enough” based on the Presidents POV is not an excuse to encroach upon state governments.
The amount of violence claimed to be occurring isn't. That's what we need to understand.

At this point I really don’t care I say let Portland burn and don’t give them any federal money to clean up the mess. The local leadership seems fine with letting mobs destroy the city so I say burn baby burn.

Elections have consequences right? Let the tax payers in that city deal with it.

hmmm...with that view in mind, we taxpayers should not have had to pay for Houston’s flood damages, multiple times in a row, since it was largely caused by that cities piss poor construction codes. Let the city pay for it. But we already know that Trump, once again setting an ever lower bar, has attempted to politicize aid.

The courts have elevated the federal, "Occupy Portland," homeless camps to near criminal status. The "Occupy Portland" movement is on court notice for weeks. Federal participants cannot claim ordinary police protections from litigation. It is not clear, even: Who is collecting their rental fees, for the occupation(?). Portland does have a behavioral tradition steeped in "Potlatch," and so can be expected to be forgiving of the rents. It is not clear that Homeland Security, or the White House: Know what even a Potlatch really is all about(?)! The next move may be to send in agents to collect(?): This being an illiterate, Trump Administration.

Suppose a televised Los Angeles police pursuit--an evening news event every so often. Los Angeles County police know enough to pull back and to not incite the driver to destructive behavior. The arrests tend to then happen after the driver being pursued has stopped the car. That being a law enforcement strategy--then actually munitions deployments do not happen, and passing cars do not explode on the freeways.

The Trump Administration is famously illiterate--Intel briefings are never read: And it shows in the federal "Occupy Portland," movement!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!
(Deut 23: 19-20--remains not about foreign aid!)

The Mayor IN Portland and who was Actually There?

“Before the feds arrived, the situation was contained,” Wheeler said. “The nightly violence had dissipated. We were seeing smaller crowds. The energy had gone out of those crowds. And then they showed up, the entire thing blew up.” Wheeler added, “This was created directly by the Trump administration.”

Wheeler also described what he’d witnessed the night before while he was in the crowd.

“I saw firsthand last night, the indiscriminate use of tear gas and other munitions,” Wheeler said, “and it had no effect except really angering people and frustrating people, and now they’re outraged.”

Wheeler also claimed that the city of Portland is under siege, and that Trump sent agents in for the sole purpose of causing chaos.

“The president is using these federal forces as his own personal militia, I believe for the purpose of political grandstanding. He’s doing this.” Wheeler said. “He's creating the chaos in Democratically controlled cities so, ironically, he can point to the chaos and then say, ‘Look, those Democratically controlled cities are in chaos and I, and only I, can stop the chaos.’ I think this is abhorrent and it's a clear political stunt.”

Or the President hiding in the White House who is a KNOWN Liar?

“We’ve been very, very strong,” Trump said, “and we have Mayor Weyland [sic], who I think is also, he’s also the police commissioner as I understand it.” “Wheeler,” Hannity corrected. “Uh, Mayor Wheeler. And he’s—he made a fool out of himself. He wanted to be among the people, so he went into the crowd, and they knocked the hell out of him. That was the end of him. So it was pretty, uh, pretty pathetic.”

I'd believe ANYONE but Trump 95% of the time.

Protesting is fine, rioting, blocking federal buildings, setting fires, then that is illegal and it needs to stop to protect the vast majority of citizens and not the few lawbreakers. Tear gas, aggravating the crowd...so?

I'm not understanding how letting people set fires, block access to buildings, looting stores and violence is allowed to continue. Would you deem this appropriate behavior in your neighborhood and on your streets?

I would expect my elected officials would remedy the situation quickly as it could and would endanger lives.

It doesn't have anything about believing one person over the other.

Mascale posted:

"Suppose a televised Los Angeles police pursuit--an evening news event every so often. Los Angeles County police know enough to pull back and to not incite the driver to destructive behavior. The arrests tend to then happen after the driver being pursued has stopped the car. That being a law enforcement strategy--then actually munitions deployments do not happen, and passing cars do not explode on the freeways."

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
("Occupy Portland," federal movement--with basis in Matthew 25: 14-30, like the Jacksonville Convention!)

That's a simple question right, I'll explain why Trump is right....

1. Wheeler is a PROG. Right off the bat he's speaks PROG and PROG-speak is emotionally triggered twisted logic.

2. It's already established he and he PROG-Governor allowed the situation to get out of control. How all of the sudden was he able to manage things because daddy came to save the day? To Wheeler five minutes of no reports within eye-view is "contained".

3. It's possible turmoil was reduced because Trump was intervening, he doesn't spoil and pamper PROGS like parents pamper spoiled rotten young children, that trait belongs to PROGS. If someone tells you Trump's coming and serious, you figure it might cause some disbursement?

4. PROGS don't know what "indiscriminately" means. After all, they adore playing on races only to project discrimination.

5. PROGS lie, and it's election time making it worse. Say you have 100 "peaceful protesters" (i.e., dumbshits) for every 2 thugs/anarchists over a few blocks. All are disrupting everything, and shits getting destroyed. This is fucking reality, understand? So the police/military take it back (AS THEY SHOULD) and march down a street with plenty of warning move your fucking ass. But you're too fucking stupid or pig-headed to take them seriously, you're more in it for a story, personal satisfaction, heroics, a emotional or agenda, or you're dumb as a rock. Result.............

PROG-head Wheeler tells tall-tales how innocent "peaceful protesters" and he were gassed unprovoked. Stick a stick up his ass, he's fucking liar, he's a PROG, PROG cities are a DISASTER and remember in November.

I have PROG-family in Seattle right. Nice people, I'm easy to get along with. Well, yesterday they didn't think to kindly of the "peaceful protest" routines because one of their establishments was destroyed and they couldn't understand why. PROG-assault on country and humanity calls that justice, they just won't come out and say it.
Remember in November. The Democrat party must be destroyed, and that's just half the battle.

They have been rioting in Portland for years, dipshit

The idea that somehow Trump has exacerbated matters because unlike the Mayor and Governor, he is willing to actual do what they should have done themselves is political spin straight out of the scumbag lefty playbook.

The Governors need to do a better job protecting the cities. A feckless response just gives “justification“ to President Trump to take action. In addition, federal police have the responsibility to protect federal property. Period

That being said, an autocratic response from the WH is repugnant to the concept of federalism. “Not doing enough” based on the Presidents POV is not an excuse to encroach upon state governments.
The amount of violence claimed to be occurring isn't. That's what we need to understand.

FTA: Though Gibson supports the purpose of the protests, she said the late-night violence and destruction make it tough to operate a business in the area.

“We just need to find some sort of a peaceful resolution and resolve it so we can all open back up and just deal with the COVID situation,” Gibson said.

I keep hearing the Cult45 folks screeching “America is burning! Portland is burning!”, then I readthe demonstrations are occurring in a space 2 blocks by 4 blocks, and nothing is burning down. My sister in law, who lives there confirmed the hyperbole.

And you wonder why we can’t believe anything Trumpists say? We are are seeing the authoritarian jackboot of the fascist far right emerging as people willingly give up rights. Correction, that is giving up the rights of others.

Meanwhile, when armed protesters attempted to force their way into the Michigan State House..not a peep.

This is political theatre and dangerous at that. Whether you are protesting the wearing of masks or racism in policing, it is our right as Americans.

of course that stops short of rioting or armed intimidation of our lawmakers. Cult45 has created the fiction that these protests are by far violent (controlled by Antifa) and need to forceably quelled as a way of attacking his political opposition in an election year. That is what comes down to.

Trump is saying he is sending forces into (only Dem controlled) cities, to stop violent crime. Yet crime rates and crimes are a complicated thing, driven largely by poverty, joblessness, loss of opportunities. Mayors have said if you want to help crime, here’s how, and provided a list. But Trump wants to play out his thuggish authoritarian impulses and use the military against American citizens. Very very dangerous. Not to mention, what exactly are they going to do to effect crime rates?

Everyone should be very worried .... but we are so divided we cant see it.

Trump has a lengthy, well documented record of lying. Who can believe anything he says now?
It seems to me he has a record of being right most of the time whike the democrats are a bunch of lying assholes who'd say or do anything to keep their place at the tit, leeching off of the public.

Seems to me your evaluation is a bit...whacked. As an FYI, my state is hard core pro-Trump, with a large proportion sucking off the public tit as you put it. Funny how that works.
Well it seems to me that you have pure shit for brains. Funny how that works. I live in California so try to tell me who sucks the tit. I do have eyes and ears and a functioning brain to process the information.

“Before the feds arrived, the situation was contained,” Wheeler said. “The nightly violence had dissipated. We were seeing smaller crowds. The energy had gone out of those crowds. And then they showed up, the entire thing blew up.” Wheeler added, “This was created directly by the Trump administration.”

Wheeler also described what he’d witnessed the night before while he was in the crowd.

“I saw firsthand last night, the indiscriminate use of tear gas and other munitions,” Wheeler said, “and it had no effect except really angering people and frustrating people, and now they’re outraged.”

Wheeler also claimed that the city of Portland is under siege, and that Trump sent agents in for the sole purpose of causing chaos.

“The president is using these federal forces as his own personal militia, I believe for the purpose of political grandstanding. He’s doing this.” Wheeler said. “He's creating the chaos in Democratically controlled cities so, ironically, he can point to the chaos and then say, ‘Look, those Democratically controlled cities are in chaos and I, and only I, can stop the chaos.’ I think this is abhorrent and it's a clear political stunt.”

“We’ve been very, very strong,” Trump said, “and we have Mayor Weyland [sic], who I think is also, he’s also the police commissioner as I understand it.” “Wheeler,” Hannity corrected. “Uh, Mayor Wheeler. And he’s—he made a fool out of himself. He wanted to be among the people, so he went into the crowd, and they knocked the hell out of him. That was the end of him. So it was pretty, uh, pretty pathetic.”

Easy - Trump.

You know what is Hillaryous. 30 minutes after Wheeler made it back in to his building he declared it a riot and had the police move in. That's right, the police report to him

So he got his ass kicked at his photo op, declared it a riot, then comes out the next day railing again at Trump.

You've been duped, and he looks a fool now because one of the four main demands they projected up on the wall was his resignation.

Total fail, and yes he a liar.

B.Kidd illiterate is illiterate, even unable to read intel reports. Real Estate is not background training in police or other legal enforcement, such as federal courts, procedures and rules, and even niceties of how to plan for a Convention(?).

The federal, "Occupy Portland Movement," cramming in homeless federal agents into a rent-free drug & Munitions fest: Came in during the actual timeline of events, and instigated riot exacerbation!

(Matt 25: 14-30, RNC model for even Convention Planning!)

LOL You Republicans be funny!
You NEVER explain your reasoning.
You guys going to believe Trump "just because."

THIS is why you should NOT have power.

B.Kidd illiterate is illiterate, even unable to read intel reports. Real Estate is not background training in police or other legal enforcement, such as federal courts, procedures and rules, and even niceties of how to plan for a Convention(?).

The federal, "Occupy Portland Movement," cramming in homeless federal agents into a rent-free drug & Munitions fest: Came in during the actual timeline of events, and instigated riot exacerbation!

(Matt 25: 14-30, RNC model for even Convention Planning!)

I'm smart.
You're snot!

Forum List

Back