So WHO Do We Believe? Portland Mayor or Trump?

KoalaCorp

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2018
The Mayor IN Portland and who was Actually There?

“Before the feds arrived, the situation was contained,” Wheeler said. “The nightly violence had dissipated. We were seeing smaller crowds. The energy had gone out of those crowds. And then they showed up, the entire thing blew up.” Wheeler added, “This was created directly by the Trump administration.”

Wheeler also described what he’d witnessed the night before while he was in the crowd.

“I saw firsthand last night, the indiscriminate use of tear gas and other munitions,” Wheeler said, “and it had no effect except really angering people and frustrating people, and now they’re outraged.”

Wheeler also claimed that the city of Portland is under siege, and that Trump sent agents in for the sole purpose of causing chaos.

“The president is using these federal forces as his own personal militia, I believe for the purpose of political grandstanding. He’s doing this.” Wheeler said. “He's creating the chaos in Democratically controlled cities so, ironically, he can point to the chaos and then say, ‘Look, those Democratically controlled cities are in chaos and I, and only I, can stop the chaos.’ I think this is abhorrent and it's a clear political stunt.”

Or the President hiding in the White House who is a KNOWN Liar?

“We’ve been very, very strong,” Trump said, “and we have Mayor Weyland [sic], who I think is also, he’s also the police commissioner as I understand it.” “Wheeler,” Hannity corrected. “Uh, Mayor Wheeler. And he’s—he made a fool out of himself. He wanted to be among the people, so he went into the crowd, and they knocked the hell out of him. That was the end of him. So it was pretty, uh, pretty pathetic.”

I'd believe ANYONE but Trump 95% of the time.

Wheeler has stood by and allowed his leftist friends to burn over 100 buildings in Portland, and then showed up to show solidarity with them.

If he had an R next to his name and it were militia types causing the destruction, the benightedly unintelligent lefists in this thread would be all over it like shit on stink, but because they identify with the lowlifes causing the destruction and there is a D next to Wheeler's name, the idiots are just fine with it.

Trump has a lengthy, well documented record of lying. Who can believe anything he says now?
It seems to me he has a record of being right most of the time while the democrats are a bunch of lying assholes who'd say or do anything to keep their place at the tit, leeching off of the public.

Last edited:

“Before the feds arrived, the situation was contained,” Wheeler said. “The nightly violence had dissipated. We were seeing smaller crowds. The energy had gone out of those crowds. And then they showed up, the entire thing blew up.” Wheeler added, “This was created directly by the Trump administration.”

Wheeler also described what he’d witnessed the night before while he was in the crowd.

“I saw firsthand last night, the indiscriminate use of tear gas and other munitions,” Wheeler said, “and it had no effect except really angering people and frustrating people, and now they’re outraged.”

Wheeler also claimed that the city of Portland is under siege, and that Trump sent agents in for the sole purpose of causing chaos.

“The president is using these federal forces as his own personal militia, I believe for the purpose of political grandstanding. He’s doing this.” Wheeler said. “He's creating the chaos in Democratically controlled cities so, ironically, he can point to the chaos and then say, ‘Look, those Democratically controlled cities are in chaos and I, and only I, can stop the chaos.’ I think this is abhorrent and it's a clear political stunt.”

“We’ve been very, very strong,” Trump said, “and we have Mayor Weyland [sic], who I think is also, he’s also the police commissioner as I understand it.” “Wheeler,” Hannity corrected. “Uh, Mayor Wheeler. And he’s—he made a fool out of himself. He wanted to be among the people, so he went into the crowd, and they knocked the hell out of him. That was the end of him. So it was pretty, uh, pretty pathetic.”

certainly not your babblecrap

No federal forces were used. Just federal cops. Calm down. As for who to believe, I believe my own eyes. Who ever stops the rich white kids from making a mess should go head and do that.

The Mayor has allowed this to go on for months, then the protesters made the mistake or calculated move to go after federal property, or keep going at it, and got a response.

Unlike the local cops, the feds aren't having their hands tied behind their backs.

The Portland Rioting had gone on nightly for 2 months , Wheeler and Portland's finest had a opportunity to bust some asses and stop ANTIFA/BLM.

They didn't.

The idea that the rioting "was coming to an end" doesn't change the fact that it hadn't, even after 2 months.

The Governors need to do a better job protecting the cities. A feckless response just gives “justification“ to President Trump to take action. In addition, federal police have the responsibility to protect federal property. Period

That being said, an autocratic response from the WH is repugnant to the concept of federalism. “Not doing enough” based on the Presidents POV is not an excuse to encroach upon state governments.

Forum List

Back