Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Let's take a realistic look:

g7n547u6xc381.jpg

g7n547u6xc381.jpg
When I have dealt with Linux, (long ago) I didn't like having to do it myself.
The term Chromebook has Chrome, referring to Google. I am old, stubborn, like my privacy and still regard google, as one of the great Satans. I do not google.
I have made peace with Windows 10 after coming from Window 7 Premium. I never use internet explorer, know where to turn off the things I don't want on, 10 is better at self cleaning than any other windows, but even better when I clean it myself and I still get to use the same Office programs I basically grew up with, so I am satisfied.
The only Apple I deal with is my new Iphone, which is overcomplicated for a damn phone, but reasonable secure, so I really can't speak on Mac.

Chromebooks and Macs are infuriating to use. Linux is ok except it won't run some Windows applications - games, usually.

Oh god it hurts to say windows but.... windows.

Apple is absolute trash. And that is the only real contender as compatibility is the most important factor. I don't care how wonderful a car is if it cannot drive on 3/4 of the roads.

Of course Linux is better if you know what you are doing but that is rare.

Apple is absolute trash. And that is the only real contender as compatibility is the most important factor. I don't care how wonderful a car is if it cannot drive on 3/4 of the roads.

The more windows changes the worse it becomes

I'd say CentOS. It doesn't game. For games it's Windows 7 or 10.

I would use it but I don't like KDE and Gnome. Pretty sure Gnome is what all the main dudes use.

g7n547u6xc381.jpg

I was a yuge mint fan ...I played around with different Linux OS on older machines just for fun ....

I'm running windows 11 on both my newer laptop and desktop
Windows 11 is pretty smooth....I was playing with the add on where you can run android apps on your windows machine .......not a third party ,...it's Microsoft

The more windows changes the worse it becomes
Meh. Some of the changes have been for the better. They really fucked up when they tried to turn my computer into a damn tablet though. If I wanted a tablet OS I would have bought a damn tablet. Why they included tile like layouts that were designed for touchscreens when no one has a touchscreen on a desktop is beyond me.

Meh. Some of the changes have been for the better. They really fucked up when they tried to turn my computer into a damn tablet though. If I wanted a tablet OS I would have bought a damn tablet. Why they included tile like layouts that were designed for touchscreens when no one has a touchscreen on a desktop is beyond me.
It's not exactly tricky to configure it to desktop mode.

Microsoft could have stopped reinventing windows years ago and just concentrated on fixing issues under the hood

But its all about the money

This is the thread I was in right before my IP was attacked. Hmm.

Kinda funny, too many responders missed the whole point........... Not that it was unexpected......... :rofl:

Dr House Eating.gif

About 5 years into OSX, Macs were the bomb. Stable, far superior memory optimization than Windows (still true) and pleasing-fluid like interface.
Today Macs have wonky memory issues. Especially the last couple years. Programs just die and won't relaunch unless you reboot.
That is how Macs were with MacOs in the 90s.
So to me, Macs have actually fallen back behind Windows in stability and error free computing. Something I thought I would never say.
Linux is still the best OS. It isn't really that close.
Memory use and allocation is so much better than Windows. Literally able to perform the exact same processes with 80% less memory than Windows. Windows is the biggest resource hog of the three. By far.
But... Windows is stable.
But... Windows also spies on everything you do, downloads files/photos/internet history from your computer and sells that info to advertisers. They say so in plain English right in the agreement

Forum List

Back