So what's your favorite fast food(?) place?

I have a little trouble with chitlins.

iskandals-chicharon.jpg

Last edited:
Popeyes Fried Chicken... Which I only have 1-2 times a year, because one has to venture in to some pretty bad neighborhoods to get it. :(

They have one here right on base at Luke AFB. That area is not black/bad :eusa_whistle: I really am not into fried chicken but I swear that is the best I have ever eaten. Ever.

Oh and as far as french fries, Mcdonalds
As far as hamburgers, believe it or not, Dairy Queen. Not bad.

(One) day when I was chillin' in Kentucky Fried Chicken
Just mindin' my business, eatin' food and finger lickin'
This dude walked in lookin' strange and kind of funny
Went up to the front with a menu and his money
He didn't walk straight, kind of side to side
He asked this old lady, "Yo, yo, um...is this Kentucky Fried?"
The lady said "Yeah", smiled and he smiled back
He gave a quarter and his order, small fries, Big Mac!
You be illin'

I would prefer menudo over chittlins anyday. I just cant get past that smell. Yuck, but I had to try them.

You are a brave soul.

OMg, Menudo, on a sunday morning after a long saturday night with real, fresh tortilla's...oh dear god that is good stuff.

There's a place in Nashville called the San Antonio Taco Company. They have often been voted the best cheap eats in Nashville. It's one of my FAVORITE places. There is one right across from Godchaux Hall at Vanderbilt. I used to eat there frequently when I was working on my master's. And you wouldn't believe how tantalizing the smell of freshly made salsa is at 8 in the morning. LOL

My favorite fast food is pizza. Plain cheese pizza with nothing else on it. But I will only buy it from a small privately owned pizzeria because they know how to make it right. The best pizza is made with semolina dough and none of the chains use that.

For hamburgers I like Burger King ("Whopper") much better than MacDonald's. But any of these super burgers are so packed with calories and cholesterol I restrict myself to one every couple of month (special treat.)

My favorite fast food is pizza. Plain cheese pizza with nothing else on it. But I will only buy it from a small privately owned pizzeria because they know how to make it right. The best pizza is made with semolina dough and none of the franchises use that.

For hamburgers I like Burger King ("Whopper") much better than MacDonald's. But any of these super burgers are so packed with calories and cholesterol I restrict myself to one every couple of month (special treat.)

Portillo's! Best Italian Beefs out there! Great chopped salad. Great fries. The place is awesome. If you come to Chictown for here for lunch (or dinner) get the beef and chopped salad you will thank me!

I am a sucker for Taco Bell, but it ALWAYS makes me sick so I try to say clear!

Boston Market is damn good (and healthy)!

In 'n Out Burgers! I am SSSSOOOO glad it's not in Chictown, because I try to stay clear of fast food and not sure I could if In and Out were in Chictown!

Chicken Planet! Best chicken in the world. It is a place right in downtown Chicago off of Plymouth (State) and Jackson. All they have is grilled chicken, but it's so juicy and spiced so well it the best out there. Better than $100 a meal restaurants in the City. Not too mention you don't feel bad eating grilled chicken!

Chipotles, awesome steak burritos!

Super Dawg - If your a Chicagoan and don't like the dogs here, then you can't call yourself a Chicagoan.
Superdawg® drive-in

I am going to add a few:
Pita Hut - Damn good middle eastern food!

Panera Bread - Great sandwiches and soup!

I don't have a favorite fast food joint. If I go to them it's out of necessity, the necessity of having very little time to eat. Whatever is closest to where I am, but the first place I'll look is Popeyes, 2nd is Taco Bell, then McDonalds. I'll eat at a 7-11 before I'd eat at Burger King. Their food usually makes me ill.

Forum List

Back