So this is why they cheered Trump on "Repeal and replace Obamacare!"

Get government out of it completely other than allowing insurance to be purchased across state lines.

You can drop the mandate and the penalty for not buying in, but you have to have some bad consequence for people who'd just not carry any coverage till they got cancer or something, and then buy in. Like Medicare, Obamacare could have just put financial penalties for people who chose not to get healthcare, and then put in claims as soon as they join up. That's not draconian. Medicare has it, and so does stuff like dental and vision insurance.
One years membership before you get a payout. PRETTY SIMPLE.

What the RWnuts either never realized or simply denied was that in the poll number showing how many Americans disapproved of Obamacare,
there was always a double digit component who disapproved because Obamacare didn't go far enough.
Obamacare is unpopular because of a fucked up overbearing federal government is forcing people into shit they don't want, and will never use… fact
Lol

Don't forget it jacked up the costs for both the premiums and copays while providing zero better services

Drop the mandate and the penalty.
Is that the only element of Obamacare that you disagree with?

Well, lessee! I disagree with forcing men to pay for maternity care!
So that's it? You dont like the mandate/penalty and you don't think there should be funding for maternity leave?
So, you are not pro choice?
Yes, I'm pro choice, what does that have to do with the discussion?

Inappropriate laughter aside, it seems that the left is still relying on freaking polls even after the liberal media admitted the polls were rigged before the election and the only poll that counts, the election, is over. Will the hate mongers ever learn?

Ah, now I get it. They want CHEAPER health care and more docs to choose from. Hahahahhaa.....Trump talks, but the fucker doesn't listen:

Thu Nov 17, 2016 | 2:46pm EST
Americans want Trump to focus on healthcare first: poll

NEW YORK - Healthcare is the top issue Americans want Donald Trump to address during his first 100 days in the White House, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday, an apparent rebuke of outgoing President Barack Obama's signature reform, Obamacare.
The poll shows what priorities Americans would set on the new president, but it does not measure exactly what people want him to do.
A separate Kaiser Health Tracking Poll found in late October that most Americans want cheaper prescription drugs and access to larger networks of doctors and hospitals. Only a minority, 37 percent, want to repeal Obamacare altogether and start over, as Trump has promised to do.

"We can't afford it -- that's the problem," said Daphne Saunders, 50, of LaFollette, Tennessee, who took the Reuters/Ipsos poll, explaining why she picked healthcare as the top issue.
...."
Americans want Trump to focus on healthcare first: poll

Are these from the same pollsters who assured us Hillary would win in a landslide?

Yeah, Trump should REALLY listen to them.

Say; Did ANY of the scumbag media bother to report this?

Melania1.png

No? Gee, think if someone had held up a sign calling for the rape of Michelle.

Our media is scum.
There was another liberal scumbag on Facebook calling for her to be raped and beheaded.

Gotta love those women loving libs.

Drop the mandate and the penalty.

So that's it? You dont like the mandate/penalty and you don't think there should be funding for maternity leave?
Because asswipe! A mandate does not gel with pro choice does it?

Inappropriate laughter aside, it seems that the left is still relying on freaking polls even after the liberal media admitted the polls were rigged before the election and the only poll that counts, the election, is over. Will the hate mongers ever learn?

I haven't seen any slowdown in rightwing use of polls...just saying.

I don't think polls can be 100% discounted on the basis of an election's polls since many polls have nothing to do with elections and haven't been shown to be as out of whack as this season.

I guess that depends what you are talking about. Pro-choice for a women to do what she wants with her body? yes, of course... On the flip side, I understand the need for taxes to fund our roads, schools, police department, millitary etc. Thats not a choice, but it provides for the greater good for our society. This is the concept that supporters of single payer suport in our healthcare system... ACA was an attempt at a compromised solution between completely private and single payer... a solution, I might add, that only one side was trying to make work, while the other was trying to blow it up. Sad when the ugly partisanship comes out in our government. Its a disservice to the people

I guess that depends what you are talking about. Pro-choice for a women to do what she wants with her body? yes, of course... On the flip side, I understand the need for taxes to fund our roads, schools, police department, millitary etc. Thats not a choice, but it provides for the greater good for our society. This is the concept that supporters of single payer suport in our healthcare system... ACA was an attempt at a compromised solution between completely private and single payer... a solution, I might add, that only one side was trying to make work, while the other was trying to blow it up. Sad when the ugly partisanship comes out in our government. Its a disservice to the people
You call it ugly partisanship (typical liberal). No, the other side was trying to tell you it was unsustainable and would not work. Turns out they are right. The premiums are too high, the deductibles are waaaaaay too high. Basically what you have managed to do is give 20 million freebie health care and you drove the rest of us out of the market because we cannot afford your prices. And, that sir, is part of why you lost the election. Single payer will be the same sad story. One half of the country cannot pay the expenses of the entire country. The 50% who presently pay zero are going to have to pick up the yoke and join the rest of us. And saying women should have choices but not men? Rubbish.

You call it ugly partisanship (typical liberal). No, the other side was trying to tell you it was unsustainable and would not work. Turns out they are right. The premiums are too high, the deductibles are waaaaaay too high. Basically what you have managed to do is give 20 million freebie health care and you drove the rest of us out of the market because we cannot afford your prices. And, that sir, is part of why you lost the election. Single payer will be the same sad story. One half of the country cannot pay the expenses of the entire country. The 50% who presently pay zero are going to have to pick up the yoke and join the rest of us. And saying women should have choices but not men? Rubbish.
You're being dramatic. There is a problem for a fraction of people that needs to be addressed. On the flip side 20 million more people have healthcare, not all freebie, not even close. Plus the biggest part imo is pre existing conditions. I haven't noticed any change in my healthcare, I know more people than not who have not gotten screwed by the ACA.

The simple solution to lower prices is kick millions of people off of the healthcare that they now have, is that what you think the best move is? Alternative solutions are there but they will take time and cooperation from congress

Im curious, if the mandate was dropped from Obamacare would that be acceptable to the opposers? If not, then what other elements do you want dropped?

Whatever has forced my employer to push a high deductible plan instead of a PPO, or charge ridiculous amounts for said PPO (which still has a $1000 deductible).

Im curious, if the mandate was dropped from Obamacare would that be acceptable to the opposers? If not, then what other elements do you want dropped?

Whatever has forced my employer to push a high deductible plan instead of a PPO, or charge ridiculous amounts for said PPO (which still has a $1000 deductible).
What do you think caused the price increase?

I don't need to blow money out my ass for insurance, I pay out of pocket because I'm not sick nor poor. Who the hell is anyone to tell me that I have to pay $16k a year for something I'll never use? Hell my husband hit a moose at 65 on the highway 2-3 years ago, broke his neck and turned my Subaru into a convertible -- the total bill was $10k which is less than the damn deductible on a lot of these plans. It's rediculious to require me to pay for that crap they are calling "insurance." The purpose of insurance is /supposed/ to cover emergencies, but it doesn't even do that with the costs the way they are.

Whats not to like about IRS enforced collection of doubling premiums? That's what made Murica great

You're being dramatic. There is a problem for a fraction of people that needs to be addressed. On the flip side 20 million more people have healthcare, not all freebie, not even close. Plus the biggest part imo is pre existing conditions. I haven't noticed any change in my healthcare, I know more people than not who have not gotten screwed by the ACA.

The simple solution to lower prices is kick millions of people off of the healthcare that they now have, is that what you think the best move is? Alternative solutions are there but they will take time and cooperation from congress
Give us the plan and how you intend to fund it.

What do you think caused the price increase?

No Idea, but the push towards the HD plan started when Obamacare got really rolling, 2-3 years after is passed. Plus, to even qualify for the "better" plans, I have to participate in a wellness plan.

I have a feeling its all to wean people off PPO plans, which will probably be under the "Cadillac Tax" that kicks in in 2018.

Give us the plan and how you intend to fund it.
I don't have a plan right now, that's why I'm asking these questions. I'm getting information and feedback. I've got a lot more to learn before I reach a conclusion.

It sounds like the fact that 20 million more have joined the healthcare system has raised the prices. Dropping enrollment to lower prices is not a useful solution so perhaps we focus on price control and deregulate where appropriate...

I look at how much money flows through these insurance companies... they are the largest and wealthiest companies in the world. I see how much money is spent On advertising, lobbying, company operations etc. that's all money that is Not being spent on healthcare. Seems to be a lot of extra fat that could be cut

Forum List

Back