So the seniors need to reimburse the workers payroll for Medicare

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
However, beneficiaries would pay an average $3 extra monthly until the shortfall caused by holding premiums steady is recouped, according to a Senate Finance Committee summary of the provision.
-------------------------------------------
many seniors can't afford an extra 3 dollars a month, and why isn't workers and businesses paying it??
So in other words they are paying for the stay of increase, so they are paying the increase.

I would imagine they will also have to pitch in for SS payroll.

If Tramp gets in it will be the end of Medicare as we know it, and the end of SS.

Last edited:
Three dollars a month?!?

facepalm.jpeg

However, beneficiaries would pay an average $3 extra monthly until the shortfall caused by holding premiums steady is recouped, according to a Senate Finance Committee summary of the provision.
many seniors can't afford an extra 3 dollars a month, and why isn't workers and businesses paying it??
So in other words they are paying for the stay of increase, so they are paying the increase.

If Tramp gets in it will be the end of Medicare as we know it, and the end of SS.
Anybody can afford three dollars a month, you lie. OH, by the way, Tramp is already in and we still have medicare. What I want is for tramp to bomb canada.

I take it you were not smart enough to read the article or understand it.
the proposal is based on the fact that due to businesses being shut down, burned down, or closing permanently there is a shortfall in what is being paid in to Medicare. Each year Medicare increases almost $140.00. The proposal keeps the price of Medicare from going up $140.00 and instead charges $3.00.
But hey if you think paying $140.00 more instead of the $3.00 is better then you have a larger problem then most.

the proposal is based on the fact that due to businesses being shut down, burned down, or closing permanently there is a shortfall in what is being paid in to Medicare. Each year Medicare increases almost $140.00. The proposal keeps the price of Medicare from going up $140.00 and instead charges $3.00.
But hey if you think paying $140.00 more instead of the $3.00 is better then you have a larger problem then most.

So it is in fact going up, I know what it says.

Of course Medicare always goes up. It has ever since it was put into work. I gather you have no idea how the world actually works. Let me impart a little information. As people get older they start to wear out. It takes money to keep them alive. We could just say after sixty you are not worth keeping alive. But it takes money to keep old people alive.
then you have those that make money by scamming Medicare.

The Medicare 'shortfall' is due to wages not keeping up with inflation and reducing revenues for 50 years, along with your pols at state and Federal levels taking massive bribes from HMO's and drug companies not to exercise any real oversight and anti-corruption budgets to weed out the fraud and scams. This is true for both Parties , not just Democrats and the massive Obama scams against the elderly. Bring back high productivity jobs and close the borders for 3 or 4 decades, and these imaginary 'problems' solve themselves.

Hyperbole. $3 hurts nobody and you know full well MC increases EVERY year

Of course Medicare always goes up. It has ever since it was put into work. I gather you have no idea how the world actually works. Let me impart a little information. As people get older they start to wear out. It takes money to keep them alive. We could just say after sixty you are not worth keeping alive. But it takes money to keep old people alive.
Defrauding SS and Medicare is the biggest problem with those programs. It doesn't matter if GOP or DEM is in charge, you've got to stop the cheats and put them in jail so people stop doing it.

Defrauding SS and Medicare is the biggest problem with those programs. It doesn't matter if GOP or DEM is in charge, you've got to stop the cheats and put them in jail so people stop doing it.
That is what happens when it is found. Unfortunately it is not an easy just look and you find it. Doctors that cheat often do so without patients knowing about it and the government assumes that all tests were done and were lagit

Since the republicans got in the took over the House in 2011 and the Senate in 2015.

and this is tramp

Medicare Part B premiums for 2020 increased by $9.10 from the premium for 2019. The 2020 premium rate starts at $144.60 per month and increases based on your income to up to $491.60 for the 2020 tax year. Your premium depends on your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) from your tax return two years before the current year (in this case, 2018), and if you were not already enrolled in Social Security benefits
---------------------------------------------------

2017 to 2019 Medicare Part B Premiums
Medicare Part B premiums for tax year 2019 started at $135.50 and increased to up to $460.50, depending on your income. The rate of $135.50 was for single or married individuals who filed separately with MAGIs of $85,000 or less and for married taxpayers who filed jointly with MAGIs of $170,000 or less.2
For tax years 2017 and 2018, the monthly premium for Medicare Part B was $134. This rate was for single or married individuals who filed separately with MAGIs of $85,000 or less and for married taxpayers who filed jointly with MAGIs of $170,000 or less.2 The 2017 premium rate was an increase of 10% over the 2016 rate that was not based on the Social Security Administration's cost-of-living adjustments (COLA).
2013 to 2016 Medicare Part B Premiums
Medicare Part B premiums went up in 2013 from the previous year, but then they stayed the same until the projected 2016 increase. The 2013 – 2015 premiums started at $104.90 per month and increased for single or married individuals who filed separately with MAGIs over $85,000 and married taxpayers who filed jointly with MAGIs over $170,000.
In 2016, the premium rate of $104.90 from the previous three years applied to about 70% of beneficiaries due to COLA.3 The other 30% paid a Medicare Part B premium that was not based on COLA. The premium was $121.80 in 2016, which was a 16% increase from the $104.90 paid in 2015.2

How old are you? Medicare has never increased $140 per year. You really should know something about the subject before posting.

How old are you? Medicare has never increased $140 per year. You really should know something about the subject before posting.
I take it you don’t understand economics. We have never had a complete shutdown of our economy. We have never had so many seniors fighting the same virus. Both those have gone to creating the increase. You might actually try reading the article before you comment.

Forum List

Back