So, Obama said there was no boots in libya

.He has lied since he said in the beginning he said it would take days , not weeks and here we are on month 6. I have to say anytime the prez says" Let me be clear "there is a lie to follow LOL

With Pubs, it's either thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of natives killed, or else the protestors all get killed by the dictator, nothing here, move along. Dems actually believe in democracy and the natives, and a little mess. But thanks for the Depression, the longest, stupidest wars ever, and ruining the recovery...

Last edited:
.He has lied since he said in the beginning he said it would take days , not weeks and here we are on month 6. I have to say anytime the prez says" Let me be clear "there is a lie to follow LOL

Yeah..I am sure he will leave it for another administration to clean up..

Like Afghanistan and Iraq.

Which were suppose to be short wars. :lol:

Technically, he has not lied... yet. Until the Marines are on the ground, he has not lied.

Of course, not that the majority of the hostilities are likely over, he can claim they are peace keepers, there to assist the new regime, etc., and technically still not have lied.

EDIT:

That was back in March, btw...
Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com
The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.
They were already schedule to deploy. It just got bumped up, as a precaution most likely.

Sorry, but nothing to see here folks (and remember, I'm a Republican, a conservative, and I don't like most of what Obama has done to this country).

My son was home on leave a couple weeks ago and we were talking about this. He said we do have boots son the ground, and he believed they were ALL MARINES. He's training with special forces and i tend to believe he hears what's going on.......Obama lied!

Technically, he has not lied... yet. Until the Marines are on the ground, he has not lied.

Of course, not that the majority of the hostilities are likely over, he can claim they are peace keepers, there to assist the new regime, etc., and technically still not have lied.

EDIT:

The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.
They were already schedule to deploy. It just got bumped up, as a precaution most likely.

Sorry, but nothing to see here folks (and remember, I'm a Republican, a conservative, and I don't like most of what Obama has done to this country).

My son was home on leave a couple weeks ago and we were talking about this. He said we do have boots son the ground, and he believed they were ALL MARINES. He's training with special forces and i tend to believe he hears what's going on.......Obama lied!
My husband served in the navy for 25 years and he believes we have marines on the ground too. It happens all the time. When he was in special forces back in the 80s they went to Panama they were not supposed to be there and I know for fact they were fighting down there.

EDIT:

And not a single media outlet anywhere in the world caught on? Really? I find that very difficult to believe.

BTW, please thank your son for me, for his service to our country.

EDIT:

Tell your son to learn to keep his mouth shut. No offence.

EDIT:

And not a single media outlet anywhere in the world caught on? Really? I find that very difficult to believe.

Thank you I will.
I have no idea besides the Gov't telling them not to talk. All i know is what i've been told, and he has no reason to lie.

EDIT:

Tell your son to learn to keep his mouth shut. No offence.

If he was told to keep his mouth shut, he would have. No offecne taken......

Thank you I will.
I have no idea besides the Gov't telling them not to talk. All i know is what i've been told, and he has no reason to lie.

I can't think of the last time the government told the press to not talk, and the press listened...lol.

I hope you do not think I was calling your son a liar. Far from it. I'm sure he related to you what he heard. I'm simply questioning whomever he may have heard from.

Of course, they certainly 'could' already be 'boots on the ground' in a combat fashion. I just think until there is something definitive one way or the other, people should avoid calling Obama a liar. It' doesn't help their cause to jump the gun.

The problem is not whether or not we had troops on the ground or not. The problem is that obama gave the order that gave aid to America's enemy, from the air.

"Deployed off the Libyan Coast".

You know, that's what Marines do. Ride in Navy Ships just in case. If these Marines were not going with this particular fleet, they'd be going somewhere else.

If you bothered to research this, you would have noticed the date was March 2011. So, by your logic, we've had 2200 Marines on the ground in Libya for almost 6 months and no one in America has even noticed!

I would venture we do have boots on the ground in Libya. This is the kind of mission that Special Forces was created for. However, that's all classified and they are operating in small units an the President can get away with saying "no boots on the ground" under the guise of OPSEC.

Thank you I will.

Maybe not, but if he has a security clearance, he has a reason to not tell this stuff to people that are going to post it on a pubic forum.

If he was told to keep his mouth shut, he would have. No offecne taken......

He was. Either he was sleeping during the OPSEC briefings or thought you could keep a secret. Either way, everyone in uniform knows the deal. You don't broadcast information about troop disposition, composition, and strength over the internet.

That is one reason the DOD has periodically shut down the internet in the combat zone.

Last edited:
How many American troops were lost in Libya?

How about the Balkans?

Go on..use Google.

Not sure...hard to say.

Course about 200,000 Serbs and Bosnian died.

That's not small change.

If you judge the success of a mission not by how many died but by how many Americans died I'm sure you'll pat yourself on the back. In Somalia anywhere from 350,000 to 1 million died until we set foot in Mogadishu. After that, not many died.

Seems Americans are always sacrificing their lives for others....and when a Dem is in office the others are sacrificed.

You must be so proud.

Forum List

Back