So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

I'm still trying to understand how one man can be convicted of three homicides on one body. Can anyone explain how that is even remotely possible? If this dude really killed that thug three times, then he certainly deserves to be in prison, otherwise, something don't make sense.

Basically, the cops should just sit back and answer calls in neighborhoods that they know will just follow instructions properly and let the other uncooperative neighborhoods deal with themselves, after all the poverty-stricken democrats don't want a police force anymore.

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.

Race has nothing to do with it dumbass. Why is it PROG think everything has to do with someone's race?

You want to talk about racism, how about you shut up about it, it's you fuckers who market it.
Race has nothing to do with this. Got it.

More arrogant ignorance.

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.

Minneapolis turns into a blood bath......the police, betrayed by their leadership, the politicians and citizens will stop doing their jobs, sit in their cars, and let the city burn.....justifiably so.

That is what this shit verdict means from Minneapolis. If you live there, you better move......because murder, rape, and robbery are now just fine by the people of Minneapolis....

Changes? You are just getting closer to mob rule. It seems to be what Democrats want. So shove your narrative and your divisive propaganda.

Of course they want this........they want the death and destruction in these cities...it makes it easier to take and hold power.....

Race has nothing to do with it dumbass. Why is it PROG think everything has to do with someone's race?

You want to talk about racism, how about you shut up about it, it's you fuckers who market it.
Race has nothing to do with this. Got it.

More arrogant ignorance.

Ah shucks Mac, hurts your feelings to suggest it has nothing to do with race. Less than 1% of the population believes it does, but then you're consistently part of the lowest common denominator.

Blacks will continue to get economically run over in Bi-Dung's pro-China economy and Open Borders policy.
Depressed wages and increasing unemployment.

On Chauvin, Congresswoman Maxine Waters said: “I hope we’re going to get a verdict that will say guilty, guilty, guilty. And if we don’t, we cannot go away.”

“I’m going to fight with all of the people who stand for justice. We’ve got to get justice in this country and we cannot allow these killings to continue,” she said, adding, “We’ve got to stay on the street and we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”

Democrats who are saying that was not a call for "confrontation" are being fooled by typical politician-style semantics ... or trying to fool us.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Judge Peter Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations. Cahill said that Waters' comments were "abhorrent."

A trial a year in the making, three weeks of intense deliberations and testimony may be tossed in appeal because of the mind numbing remarks by a black congresswoman from Los Angeles.

There is little doubt that Chauvin's lawyer is going to appeal, and he is going to use the comments made by the long serving Congresswoman from Los Angeles.

Maxine Waters is a domestic terrorist.

As far as race relations you are right. I believe it should start with a Black person being able to go to a White school and have the
opportunity for higher learning. I believe the Black person should be able to run for public office. I believe that a Black person
should be able to have the same opportunity for employment as a White person. I believe that a Black person should have the opportunity
to own a home. There is much more, but this would be a good start for race relations.

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

The thing that will stop these racist bastards in their tracks is punishment.
  1. They get convicted and do hard time to life for these offenses.
  2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.
WTF are you talking about, you utter mope.
240 people have been killed by cops in 2021 and only 30 of them are blacks.
If you were genuinely concerned about police injustice you would be demanding that a murder charge in the case of Tony Timpa, or the Navy veteran who died in February. Both died from cops kneeling on their necks, but were not black, so nobody gave a fuck.
Some of us are hoping this WILL affect excessive force by police in all cases, not just black guys. Don't tell me that every cop in this country won't think of Derek Chauvin the next time they consider that hold, because they will. Because of the color of their skin, BLM took this up, but I wouldn't want a bastard like Chauvin on my local police force either. It's pretty sick that the cops in the Timpa case all walked with no repercussions. 4 are still on the force! I pulled up an article on it that said in light of the George Floyd case, Texas is considering getting rid of that law that protects cops from liability in such cases.

So maybe there is some awareness growing that excessive force is not okay.
You're going to have cops that are afraid to do their jobs now, Old Lady because they now know that they'll be second guessed by the liberal media and run the very real risk of being sent to jail. They won't get out of their cruisers now because every cop in this country WILL be thinking of Derek Chauvin and knowing that they're one call away from having their lives ruined! You think this is going to be a good thing for Policing in the inner city and you're woefully naive! This verdict is a death knell to proactive Policing. What you're going to get now is a Police force that shows up to toe tag the bodies.
The exact same thing was predicted after the Ferguson riots and I don't see that the police have left us to a Mad Max existence yet.

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.

I cheer the conviction of the guilty cop. You cheer the conviction of the white cop. In this case, they both happened to be named Chauvin.

Meanwhile in Chicago and other blue cities, blacks continue to kill thousands of blacks a year while you cheer the conviction of the white cop.

Training ain't it.

If you were genuinely concerned about police injustice you would be demanding that a murder charge in the case of Tony Timpa, or the Navy veteran who died in February. Both died from cops kneeling on their necks, but were not black, so nobody gave a fuck.
Some of us are hoping this WILL affect excessive force by police in all cases, not just black guys. Don't tell me that every cop in this country won't think of Derek Chauvin the next time they consider that hold, because they will. Because of the color of their skin, BLM took this up, but I wouldn't want a bastard like Chauvin on my local police force either. It's pretty sick that the cops in the Timpa case all walked with no repercussions. 4 are still on the force! I pulled up an article on it that said in light of the George Floyd case, Texas is considering getting rid of that law that protects cops from liability in such cases.

You're going to have cops that are afraid to do their jobs now, Old Lady because they now know that they'll be second guessed by the liberal media and run the very real risk of being sent to jail. They won't get out of their cruisers now because every cop in this country WILL be thinking of Derek Chauvin and knowing that they're one call away from having their lives ruined! You think this is going to be a good thing for Policing in the inner city and you're woefully naive! This verdict is a death knell to proactive Policing. What you're going to get now is a Police force that shows up to toe tag the bodies.
The exact same thing was predicted after the Ferguson riots and I don't see that the police have left us to a Mad Max existence yet.

There was a defund the police movement in blue cities after Ferguson? Link?

Training ain't it.

I'd appreciate you not changing the subject.

Training ain't it.

Yeah. It was called BLM

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Training ain't it.

Have you seen Ferguson lately? It’s still burnt buildings, very few business have come back and crime is way up.

Forum List

Back