So now the sports media is making Drew Brees out to be a racist and divide the Saints locker room

It is sad day when someone has to apologize for saying he respects the American flag.

Well, when you put your fk'n foot in your mouth, it's just not gonna taste too good! The real shame is that after Brees has done all this good work in New Orleans, he thought it not only necessary but entitled enough to spout off this belief aloud in these volatile times! As a Republican, he probably felt he wasn't deflecting "from the cause" like his brethren again! Trump's maybe infected him into saying stupid stuff! Honor the flag all you want, but people's feelings on the subject are going to be even more diverse than nationality! :oops:
So you are saying that Brees is not entitled to his views or that he should just keep them to himself? I can see you are not a believer in truth, justice or the American way. As such you are not worth spit.

It's called "timing!" This is the wrong time for this idiot to be expressing these sentiments with his hero Trump deflecting issues the same way by wrapping himself up in the flag! As a black person, I don't have the same kind of reverence for the flag as some privileged, southern hick like Brees! My father was in the USAF and step-father in the army during Korea! So what? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? A man was choked out on camera for all to see, but all Brees can express is some inane comment about how he feels about desecration of the flag! Fk. him and all his good works! :oops:
And your peaceful protest resulted in the lives of at least 5 policeman and innocent store owners, so tough shit, I don;'t care about a career criminal who resisted arrest after trying to pass a phony $20 bill, he was not worth it.

And his funeral dont need to be on national TV

Well thats only if youre stupid enough to believe protesting against violence towards Blacks has to result in the flag being disrespected.
It was not the flag for many. It was the disrespecting of the honor to the men and women in the military by players who thought only of themselves. That is what the NFL was promoting. Ironically, the military helps African Americans more then any player in any sport can because its real. It teaches. People learn and most become better citizens.
Thats really odd you say that because Kap asked for advice from a vet and he suggested kneeling as the best way to protest. What are your thoughts on that?

It is sad day when someone has to apologize for saying he respects the American flag.

Well, when you put your fk'n foot in your mouth, it's just not gonna taste too good! The real shame is that after Brees has done all this good work in New Orleans, he thought it not only necessary but entitled enough to spout off this belief aloud in these volatile times! As a Republican, he probably felt he wasn't deflecting "from the cause" like his brethren again! Trump's maybe infected him into saying stupid stuff! Honor the flag all you want, but people's feelings on the subject are going to be even more diverse than nationality! :oops:
So you are saying that Brees is not entitled to his views or that he should just keep them to himself? I can see you are not a believer in truth, justice or the American way. As such you are not worth spit.

It's called "timing!" This is the wrong time for this idiot to be expressing these sentiments with his hero Trump deflecting issues the same way by wrapping himself up in the flag! As a black person, I don't have the same kind of reverence for the flag as some privileged, southern hick like Brees! My father was in the USAF and step-father in the army during Korea! So what? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? A man was choked out on camera for all to see, but all Brees can express is some inane comment about how he feels about desecration of the flag! Fk. him and all his good works! :oops:
And your peaceful protest resulted in the lives of at least 5 policeman and innocent store owners, so tough shit, I don;'t care about a career criminal who resisted arrest after trying to pass a phony $20 bill, he was not worth it.

Dont you ever tire of being a step n fetch it?

Its unnecessary

BREAKING: Brees apologizes in lengthy social media post. here it is:

"
I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness. "

Post 4 has how I feel about this. And, I will say it again...............Brees said he would never agree with someone disrespecting the flag. He was expressing his opinion, and it was along the same lines of Kapernick taking a knee. It was his opinion, and he said it. Same with Kaepernick, it was his opinion, as well as his right to peacefully protest if he wanted to.

That is contained in the Constitution, and my oath was to support and defend that document. You don't like what Brees said? Fine, respond with your own free speech, but allow the man his opinion. He didn't say that others had to agree with him, he wasn't stopping or forcing anyone to do anything, he just gave his opinion.

Lay off of Brees.

"
I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

Post 4 has how I feel about this. And, I will say it again...............Brees said he would never agree with someone disrespecting the flag. He was expressing his opinion, and it was along the same lines of Kapernick taking a knee. It was his opinion, and he said it. Same with Kaepernick, it was his opinion, as well as his right to peacefully protest if he wanted to.

That is contained in the Constitution, and my oath was to support and defend that document. You don't like what Brees said? Fine, respond with your own free speech, but allow the man his opinion. He didn't say that others had to agree with him, he wasn't stopping or forcing anyone to do anything, he just gave his opinion.

Lay off of Brees.
only if you lay off my husband Trump

Well thats only if youre stupid enough to believe protesting against violence towards Blacks has to result in the flag being disrespected.
It was not the flag for many. It was the disrespecting of the honor to the men and women in the military by players who thought only of themselves. That is what the NFL was promoting. Ironically, the military helps African Americans more then any player in any sport can because its real. It teaches. People learn and most become better citizens.
Thats really odd you say that because Kap asked for advice from a vet and he suggested kneeling as the best way to protest. What are your thoughts on that?
I do not know that. That is what you say. Back in the W. Bush war like most I knew we had to do something. And we did. We can argue if it was right or wrong. I at the time supported the troops. The W. did the Patriot Act, the TSA and Homeland Security and other things. That lost my support. For several years I went between one side and the other as I have in my life with politics. We slowed down are war efforts and I supported the troops more. I believe that we should not be in constant war. That is not normal. Especially with a volunteer force which give our government the excuse to go to war more easily. Anyway, the NFL officially was honoring the military with the anthem and the huge flags and fly overs and the rest. And that was for them. Not for kneeling. Nothing is one sided on this issue. No matter how it is sold. To many people stir the pot and cause misery for to many others.

Anyone supporting the kneelers is an anti-american asshole.

Listen, I'm a retired U.S. Navy veteran, and free speech and peaceful protest doesn't bother me. Why? Because of the oath that I swore to that document. If I support the Constitution, I support the right to free speech and peaceful protest as well, even if I don't agree with it. Every year, we would have a week of training covering Navy Rights and Responsibilities, and the 1st Amendment was covered quite a bit when we were being taught about the Constitution.

You want to burn or stomp on a flag as your right to free speech? If you bought it with your own cash, go ahead, that is your right. But, understand, if I see you doing something like that I will respond with a bit of my own free speech, but I will not stop you, nor will I harm you or lay hands on you for exercising your rights that my fellow military members are protecting for you.

To tell you the truth, people who don't vote are pissing all over the military more than Kaepernick ever did. We of the military served so they would have the right to vote, and because they don't, they are the ones pissing on the military members.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
so now they going and try to fuck with all white players

Brees shut have not said what he did. He has apologized. Stop being black and stupid. Your denials don't help bring anyone together, they make things worse.

Its unnecessary
Its unnecessary you call attention to yourself as a step n fetch it. You cant be their servant all your life. Eventually they going to realize youre Black.

"
This is where I stand:

Lay off of Brees.

Screw him! Kapernick was literally forced out of football because of punishment for his opinion! Trump helped to step on his neck talking about how disrespectful all black players were for kneeling during the Anthem causing upheaval for while! :102:

Last edited:
I do not know that. That is what you say. Back in the W. Bush war like most I knew we had to do something. And we did. We can argue if it was right or wrong. I at the time supported the troops. The W. did the Patriot Act, the TSA and Homeland Security and other things. That lost my support. For several years I went between one side and the other as I have in my life with politics. We slowed down are war efforts and I supported the troops more. I believe that we should not be in constant war. That is not normal. Especially with a volunteer force which give our government the excuse to go to war more easily. Anyway, the NFL officially was honoring the military with the anthem and the huge flags and fly overs and the rest. And that was for them. Not for kneeling. Nothing is one sided on this issue. No matter how it is sold. To many people stir the pot and cause misery for to many others.
Its kind of obvious you didnt know that. Were you ever in the military?

Listen, I'm a retired U.S. Navy veteran, and free speech and peaceful protest doesn't bother me. Why? Because of the oath that I swore to that document. If I support the Constitution, I support the right to free speech and peaceful protest as well, even if I don't agree with it. Every year, we would have a week of training covering Navy Rights and Responsibilities, and the 1st Amendment was covered quite a bit when we were being taught about the Constitution.

You want to burn or stomp on a flag as your right to free speech? If you bought it with your own cash, go ahead, that is your right. But, understand, if I see you doing something like that I will respond with a bit of my own free speech, but I will not stop you, nor will I harm you or lay hands on you for exercising your rights that my fellow military members are protecting for you.

To tell you the truth, people who don't vote are pissing all over the military more than Kaepernick ever did. We of the military served so they would have the right to vote, and because they don't, they are the ones pissing on the military members.
We are not voting Dem or Repub when we do. We are voting for admitted Socialists who may even move further left then that and a Repub Party that has let them move the nation. That Party has mainly liberal and moderate wedges with little in conservatives. We now live in a country where showing your political view can get you killed. A red hat that is a campaign slogan for crying out loud.

Its unnecessary
Its unnecessary you call attention to yourself as a step n fetch it. You cant be their servant all your life. Eventually they going to realize youre Black.

Log Out

Now regardless of whether we share the same political views, this is a fair opinion. But let me add one thing, the military are not the only ones providing this protection and you can question if recent wars were really fought for the protection of the American citizen. But you probably had nothing to do with making that call so you are not the one to talk to about that.

so now they going and try to fuck with all white players

Looks like many NFL players are snowflakes. Tough to win a movement when run by snowflakes. Oh woe is me, I am a millionaire....honestly.

My thoughts are that millionaires should not protest living in a country that made them millionaires. Look everyone, Assfaceias is triggered and won’t respond.

We are not voting Dem or Repub when we do. We are voting for admitted Socialists who may even move further left then that and a Repub Party that has let them move the nation. That Party has mainly liberal and moderate wedges with little in conservatives. We now live in a country where showing your political view can get you killed. A red hat that is a campaign slogan for crying out loud.

You aren't voting for any socialists and you can plainly see that a vote for trump is a vote for authoritarianism.

Forum List

Back