So no one wants EV's? LOL

And how many of those 1900 automotive start ups of the early days of the last century lasted 50 months? BYD and other will seriously challenge Tesla on the world market. And there will be a serious winnowing of the EV manufacturers due to bankruptcy and buyouts by BYD, Tesla, and other survivors.
I like how Governor Newsom recently stated that Tesla only exists because of subsidies paid to Musk by California.

How many of the 1900 automotive start ups lasted 50 months? All of them, they lasted years, many lasted decades. Some became a part of something greater.

EV? You are now stating that every EV developed today is obsolete garbage. A grand experiment, at taxpayers expense. Designed not to be a product to save us from green house gases, but simply another consumer product for the rich to get richer from.

Who pays for them?
Utilities are paying for the wind and solar farms as they retire coal fired plants as too expensive a way to produce electricity. Same goes for nuclear. VPP's? That will either be homeowners that want a share in the peaker power market or utilities that realize that they can make more profit providing home owners with solar and batteries, and reducing their power bills in return for creating a megawattage virtual power station. Agrivoltaics? This might require a combination of contributions from farmers, government, and utilities. But it will have benefits for all. A steady year round income for farmers, a decrease in water use, an increase in crop yield, and less loss from transmission of power.

I like how Governor Newsom recently stated that Tesla only exists because of subsidies paid to Musk by California.

How many of the 1900 automotive start ups lasted 50 months? All of them, they lasted years, many lasted decades. Some became a part of something greater.

EV? You are now stating that every EV developed today is obsolete garbage. A grand experiment, at taxpayers expense. Designed not to be a product to save us from green house gases, but simply another consumer product for the rich to get richer from.
LOL Just as they make tax concessions to every other large company in their state. Same as Texas is currently making to Tesla. Same as Nevada is currently making to Tesla. Texas has far cheaper land than does California. And is much closer to the prime pickup market. Tesla was smart to move it's headquarters to Texas. One more step in turning Texas blue.

LOL Just as they make tax concessions to every other large company in their state. Same as Texas is currently making to Tesla. Same as Nevada is currently making to Tesla. Texas has far cheaper land than does California. And is much closer to the prime pickup market. Tesla was smart to move it's headquarters to Texas. One more step in turning Texas blue.
No, not the same, subsidies and tax concessions are two very different animals.

2015 Los Angeles Times investigation estimated that Tesla, SolarCity, and SpaceX had together benefited from “$4.9 billion in government support.

Utilities are paying for the wind and solar farms as they retire coal fired plants as too expensive a way to produce electricity. Same goes for nuclear. VPP's? That will either be homeowners that want a share in the peaker power market or utilities that realize that they can make more profit providing home owners with solar and batteries, and reducing their power bills in return for creating a megawattage virtual power station. Agrivoltaics? This might require a combination of contributions from farmers, government, and utilities. But it will have benefits for all. A steady year round income for farmers, a decrease in water use, an increase in crop yield, and less loss from transmission of power.

As if I didn't know that. I'm not against Evs but it's obvious they are an added burden on the supply of electricity production. Wind and solar will never ever maintain enough power. The only way to provide it will be nuclear.
Of course, there lies the problem about greenies etc.

Again......sales # show with clarity. Americans dont want EV's.........100% certainty. But dont take my word for it.......look at the 2020 sales #'s for EV's..........

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

A joke.

When you combine the sales of the Toyota Camry and Honda Civic alone, it is more than all the sales of all EV's........COMBINED
:abgg2q.jpg:. Ford sells more F150 trucks than all EV sales combined......in fact, twice as many!:deal:

No serious person thinks EV's are anything more than a niche market........mostly for the well-to-do btw.......

Again......sales # show with clarity. Americans dont want EV's.........100% certainty. But dont take my word for it.......look at the 2020 sales #'s for EV's..........

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

A joke.

When you combine the sales of the Toyota Camry and Honda Civic alone, it is more than all the sales of all EV's........COMBINED
:abgg2q.jpg:. Ford sells more F150 trucks than all EV sales combined......in fact, twice as many!:deal:

No serious person thinks EV's are anything more than a niche market........mostly for the well-to-do btw.......
LOL The curve below is called an exponential curve, and that is what the EV's are following, while ICE's will follow an inverse of that curve.

1633994039713.png

Looks like the majority is still from fossil fuels. But I'm cool with people experiencing more brown outs.
For a short time. For, you see, ol; Adam Smith is driving the transition to renewables. And the experience that Australia is having right now is that as their grid gets more renewables and grid scale storage, they are suffering less blackouts, and their electricity costs are declining.

For a short time. For, you see, ol; Adam Smith is driving the transition to renewables. And the experience that Australia is having right now is that as their grid gets more renewables and grid scale storage, they are suffering less blackouts, and their electricity costs are declining.

It's going to be an epic clusterfuck.

Governments should not make markets. Especially for the wrong reasons.

It's going to be an epic clusterfuck.

Governments should not make markets. Especially for the wrong reasons.
My, my, you one dense individual, Dingleberry. Government is not driving the switch to renewables in Australia or Texas. Adam Smith is. And this will increasingly be the case the world over. The owners of the battery farms are not governments, but private corporations. The owners of the wind mills and solar farms are not not the governments of Australia and Texas, but private corporations.

My, my, you one dense individual, Dingleberry. Government is not driving the switch to renewables in Australia or Texas. Adam Smith is. And this will increasingly be the case the world over. The owners of the battery farms are not governments, but private corporations. The owners of the wind mills and solar farms are not not the governments of Australia and Texas, but private corporations.
Don't be silly. Of course government is driving the shift to EV's.

I can't wait for the predictable surprises.

OK, which big solar and wind farms do the governments in Texas and Australia own?
Governments are doing it through regulations. Of course within 30 years colder temperatures will prove everything you believe to be false.

Many of the more expensive ones already exceed 300 mile range and, using LFP batteries, age from more slowly than prior batteries.

The range is quite down the list of people's priorities. Many want to charge from home, you don't want to buy a kettle or lawn mower and expect to plug it into a lamp post or a socket on the other side of town, but over a third of motorists cannot charge from home. And a big priority is money, paying for the infrastructure to charge and the insane expense for the vehicle itself makes them unattractive.

Then talk about mileage range, but the important concerns need resolved first.

The range is quite down the list of people's priorities. Many want to charge from home, you don't want to buy a kettle or lawn mower and expect to plug it into a lamp post or a socket on the other side of town, but over a third of motorists cannot charge from home. And a big priority is money, paying for the infrastructure to charge and the insane expense for the vehicle itself makes them unattractive.

Then talk about mileage range, but the important concerns need resolved first.
By 2025, EV's will be cost no more than an ICE vehicle of the same class. And Tesla already has a huge charging network, and other players are getting in on that market.
1634879705876.png

These are just Tesla supercharging stations. There are many charging stations in the parking lots of stores, malls, and hotels. Really not much of a problem to find a charging station at present, and even less so in the future.

By 2025, EV's will be cost no more than an ICE vehicle of the same class. And Tesla already has a huge charging network, and other players are getting in on that market.
View attachment 554846

These are just Tesla supercharging stations. There are many charging stations in the parking lots of stores, malls, and hotels. Really not much of a problem to find a charging station at present, and even less so in the future.
I'm in the UK, so, you're totally not in tune with the rest of the planet.

Forum List

Back