So no one wants EV's? LOL

1 and 1/2 million pre-orders for the Cyber truck.

"The 2021 Tesla Model 3 standard range is sold out for the rest of 2021. That's at least according to the Tesla website, which is where prospective Tesla owners go to purchase their new electric vehicles. However, if you're willing to shell out a bit more, you can still get the Tesla Model 3 long range in a few months.Aug 13, 2021"

Looks to me as if people are 'breaking down the doors'. Cadillac announces the number of EV Cadillacs to be built in 2023, and they are sold out in the first 19 minutes. Ford has 150K pre-orders for the F-150 EV. BYD and other quality Chinese manufactures are selling all their production.

View attachment 545033
You really don't think beyond the end of your nose. What I see is a popular, trendy car selling 27K units in CA. What you don't see is that there are over 200K ICE units sold in CA and your obvious joy in being a Tesla owner blinded you to the fact that it was number 2 in YOUR example. Run along, you're jaded.

Oh the joys of predictable surprises. I can't wait for EV owners to experience them.

0-60 in 2 seconds.

All wheel drive.

$120,000 sticker price.

And a whole lot of speeding tickets. :lmao:

The average American probably has less than $1000 in savings. And that's being generous.

I dunno why these people keep thinking everyone's gonna be driving around a Tesla. lol.

This is more realistic (assuming the global market for the hoopties gets above 3%)...

1632930749513.jpeg

The average American probably has less than $1000 in savings. And that's being generous.

I dunno why these people keep thinking everyone's gonna be driving around a Tesla. lol.

This is more realistic (assuming the global market for the hoopties gets above 3%)...

View attachment 545176
By the end of 2022, there will be an EV to match most of the niches in the auto market. By 2025, every niche will be matched, and at a lessor price, with better performance, and higher quality.

By the end of 2022, there will be an EV to match most of the niches in the auto market. By 2025, every niche will be matched, and at a lessor price, with better performance, and higher quality.
Except the one most important one. There will be no EV to match the cost and value of just buying a really nice used gasoline car with a big engine packed full of features for just a few thousand dollars! Hopefully sold by one of you idiots so you could buy your pathetic compact EV. :auiqs.jpg:

Except the one most important one. There will be no EV to match the cost and value of just buying a really nice used gasoline car with a big engine packed full of features for just a few thousand dollars! Hopefully sold by one of you idiots so you could buy your pathetic compact EV. :auiqs.jpg:
LOL The S and X are not compacts. Many of the EV's that will come on the market next year are not compacts. And the prices will come down as the competition heats up. An EV has far fewer moving parts, and electric motors are more rugged and dependable than ICE's. There will be EV's that are just basic urban transportation, and EV's that are large vehicles with ranges around 500 miles. And they will sell far better than ICE vehicles because of the price of fuel and maintenance.

Many of the EV's that will come on the market next year are not compacts. And the prices will come down as the competition heats up. An EV has far fewer moving parts, and electric motors are more rugged and dependable than ICE's. There will be EV's that are just basic urban transportation, and EV's that are large vehicles with ranges around 500 miles.
No need to explain the advantages and disadvantages to me. I know all about electric motors.

And they will sell far better than ICE vehicles because of the price of fuel and maintenance.
Maintenance is a constant, and if the price of gas goes up drastically, that will only be because the government is trying to FORCE people into buying EV cars! ITMT, I have nothing against EV cars, only against the government trying to pick for us winners and losers again. If EVs are so good, let the free market forces work as they should in a capitalist society.

Meantime, if the government want to buy back my gas car and give me a full-featured mid-size EV with a 500 mile range, I'll take it off their hands no problem.

No need to explain the advantages and disadvantages to me. I know all about electric motors.

Maintenance is a constant, and if the price of gas goes up drastically, that will only be because the government is trying to FORCE people into buying EV cars! ITMT, I have nothing against EV cars, only against the government trying to pick for us winners and losers again. If EVs are so good, let the free market forces work as they should in a capitalist society.

Meantime, if the government want to buy back my gas car and give me a full-featured mid-size EV with a 500 mile range, I'll take it off their hands no problem.
Damned 'Conservatives', always wanting free stuff. Actually, by 2025, there will be a lot of used EV's on the market. And, quite probably, some battery packs that can give them more range. By 2030, even used EV's will be less costly to buy, and far less costly to run that ICE vehicles. If you want to see the trajectory for EV's, look at the increase in automobiles from 1900 to 1930.

Damned 'Conservatives', always wanting free stuff. Actually, by 2025, there will be a lot of used EV's on the market. And, quite probably, some battery packs that can give them more range. By 2030, even used EV's will be less costly to buy, and far less costly to run that ICE vehicles. If you want to see the trajectory for EV's, look at the increase in automobiles from 1900 to 1930.
And with batteries worn out or close to it;

Millions of Electric Car Batteries Will Retire in the Next Decade. What Happens to Them?​

The quest to prevent batteries—rich in raw materials such as cobalt, lithium and nickel—ending up as a mountain of waste
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, if EV use increases so will the total electric output of the nation need to increase. However, there doesn't appear to be much growth in that sector to take the load of growing EV ownership/use.​

lol.......been hearing this from the climate obsessed for over 5 years now. :113: They always get it wrong. Americans dont want EV's.......its as plain as the nose on your face. They look goofy first off....a non-starter. And nobody wants the hassle. They also dont want a car that spontaneously explodes while they are driving it..........d0y.

The EV obsession is only with few Americans. When you combine sales of Toyota Camry's and Honda Civics alone in 2020, they outsell all EV's COMBINED. So its clearly unicorn chasing from the climate nutters who's feet are never planted firmly on the ground. Dont forget.....7 or 8 years ago, these same bozo's said solar/wind would be dominating by 2021 and thats still 40-50 years away according to government EIA projections.

EV's are a joke.......simple test. Next time you go out for a cruise, take a gander at how many EV's you count in a space of 15 minutes. I do all the time and I live on the north shore of Long Island in NY.....one of the most well off communities in America. You see a Tesla once in a blue moon......but count 100's of conventional cars. Oooooops.

Ive considered doing a video......to make the EV heros look like jackasses. No need.......I already to that on a routine basis!:bye1::bye1:

EV's are selling out their future production sometimes in just minutes, yet the legacy auto manufactures are failing to respond. Looks like that they are intent on giving the market to Tesla and Chinese manufacturers.

There is a shortage of all cars.

if they are so popular why are NY and California banning the sale of ICE vehicles after 2035?

Tesla Increased Sales In California By 85% In Q2 2021​

More than half of the volume falls on the Tesla Model Y.​

1633397322922.png

View attachment 545176
Yeppers, and who do you think these bans on ICE are going to hurt the most? Those people that have less than $1K. They can't make their rent, how will they be able to buy a brand spanking new EV. What did the boob say? "I won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K." He and the leftist government are just going to tell you where you'll spend it.

Yeppers, and who do you think these bans on ICE are going to hurt the most? Those people that have less than $1K. They can't make their rent, how will they be able to buy a brand spanking new EV. What did the boob say? "I won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K." He and the leftist government are just going to tell you where you'll spend it.
Well, there will be many used EV's in 5 years. And there will be plenty of relatively new ICE's that people won't want because they are too expensive to fuel, and maintain. Of course, then that shifts their lack of money to worrying whether they can afford to fuel the vehicle. As far as the government telling you where you can spend your money, seems reasonable for the government to encourage clean air and water.

Forum List

Back