So my 24 yr old son tried to sign up for Obamacare and they told him

Sounds like a good deal for him.
Really . He wants to be independent not dependent on us..

Why would that make him dependent on you?

This is a good deal for families because they all save money.

For a long time, we were together on one cell phone contract with our grown son. He lives a thousand miles from us and has a family. He was not "dependent" on us for his cell phone but we all saved money. Why is that a bad thing? When we switched, it was because that carrier didn't have the coverage we need for where our lake house is located.

I love how everybody is talking about private insurance whether it's through their employer or not and not the market place insurance proposed in the ACA, LOL... Idiots. Guess what those deductibles are in the market place? 6000. Guess what the average premium is if you are middle class for 1 person? 600. Guess what the max out of pocket is for the year? 12,000.

and you libs still think you can keep your insurance? Just wait till the employer mandate in 2016. You'll all be calling for a public option because you know exactly what you are doing and are full of shit. However, the GOP will get their wish. Since they seized full solid control of the House there will be NO public option EVER. We have a better chance to get rid of the ACA then you do of keeping it or improving it.

Now quit talking and let the informed posters handle this. You know the right wing.

How much extra does he have to pay?
208.00 a month
I would double check that amount Lovebears....Of course, I don't know your personal situation but I do know at my husband's work, for the insurance plan, with my husband buying it only for himself, it is $68 a month, but because I have to get my insurance with him, it is $200 a month....so that means that it costs $130 a month extra, for me to be added to his plan....and I am no Spring chicken...in my 50's. Your son, who is young and healthy, it should run about $100 at most, extra a month, IF YOU do not have a family plan already....

if you do have other children that are covered under your plan, then it should cost you or cost him ZERO to be added to your family's insurance plan...(which I am hoping for you and for him, this is the case)

Good luck!

208.00 a month
I would double check that amount Lovebears....Of course, I don't know your personal situation but I do know at my husband's work, for the insurance plan, with my husband buying it only for himself, it is $68 a month, but because I have to get my insurance with him, it is $200 a month....so that means that it costs $130 a month extra, for me to be added to his plan....and I am no Spring chicken...in my 50's. Your son, who is young and healthy, it should run about $100 at most, extra a month, IF YOU do not have a family plan already....

if you do have other children that are covered under your plan, then it should cost you or cost him ZERO to be added to your family's insurance plan...(which I am hoping for you and for him, this is the case)

Good luck!
That is what they told me . I have tricare and it is cheap for hubby , me and the kids under 23 ( if they are in college only though) but as soon as they hit 24 you have to pay 208 for Tricare prime and 188. for standard for each kid over 23 if we want them on his plan.. Of course Obamacare told us we have to put him on our plan till he is 26

Really . He wants to be independent not dependent on us..
So he wants to pay more and receive less? He should run for office he sounds like a great republican.

Or the government shouldn't have interfered in the first place by passing ObamaCare and then we wouldn't be having this discussion, right?

Yes, like the Federal Reserve it should be optional and not required to use that system.
Public Options should remain voluntary, so only people who AGREE to go through those
requirements and subject to those deadlines and mandates. If you WANT and CHOOSE
to have your health care managed by federal regulations in this manner, where the President dictates changes.

Whatever's free ya know. Important thing is to keep the kid tethered to the teets, then transfer to the taxpayer. Yeah! Good plan! :lmao: Everybody on the government teet. Sheep to the slaughter when the right time avails itself. :(

And the best part is that because this system is the political beliefs of the Democrats
then it can be passed by law and considered secular and not religious.

But if any other group were to impose such a system by THEIR beliefs
then that is religious and violates separation of church and state.

If the mandates had been passed forcing taxpayers to either buy insurance under PROLIFE systems
and/or pay taxes into PROLIFE systems, then people who believe in PROCHOICE would yell about discrimination.

But when it is forced on taxpayers to buy insurance through ProGovt health care,
and/or pay taxes into ProGovt health care, then people who believe in PROLIBERTY don't count as valid creeds
protected under the First and Fourteenth Amendment.

Prochoice only applies to free choice of abortion rights
but not right to free choice of health care. So this is discrimination by creed.
but since it is in line with Democrats beliefs, then it is OKAY to pass federal laws
enforcing those, jsut not other parties' beliefs.

How is that not discrimination by creed?

208.00 a month

Good luck!
That is what they told me . I have tricare and it is cheap for hubby , me and the kids under 23 ( if they are in college only though) but as soon as they hit 24 you have to pay 208 for Tricare prime and 188. for standard for each kid over 23 if we want them on his plan.. Of course Obamacare told us we have to put him on our plan till he is 26
Love Bears, just trying to help, if I can...a couple of things....Be sure your son is eligible for Tricare Young Adults first...

Who Can Participate?
You may qualify to purchase TRICARE Young Adult if you're:

So, is he enrolled a full course in College? If not, he is not eligible for tri care young adults...

Do you provide 50% in financial support, if not then he is not eligible for Tricare Young Adult?

What I was thinking is that if he IS NOT eligible for Tricare Young Adult because he is not in college full time or because he is otherwise supporting himself in full, with a job that does not offer health care insurance as a benefit, THEN the ACA could cover him with some subsidized help?

Let's see...

Your son can get on your policy for free or buy an Obamacare policy

What should he do?

Let's see...

What should he do?
In her case Rightwinger, he can't get on her TriCare policy for free after the age of 24... he can be put on the family's tri care policy after the age of 24 if his parents/sponsors are still contributing at least 50% of his financial support and he is in college, but it cost $208 a month to add him.

The OP is a lie. Care4All just laid it out for you.

If you assholes didn't have lies to tell about the ACA....you'd have nothing to say at all. It's a case study for anyone wanting to research pathological liars.
Speaking of fucking liars...

Obama
Pelosi
Reid
Schumer
Kerry
the Clintons
Sharpton
Durbin
Patty Murray
Bachus
Harkin
Tammy Baldwin
MARK BEGICH
Michael Bennett
Barbara Boxer
Sherrod Brown
Ben Cardin
Bob Casey
Kay Hagen
Mary Landrieu
Pat Leahy
Bob Menendez
Jeff Merkley
Barbara Mikulski
Jay Rockefeller
Jack Reed
Bernie Sanders
Jeanne Shaheen
Debby Stabenow
Jon Tester
Tom Udall
Sheldon Whitehouse

27 Democratic senators who promised you could keep your health coverage WashingtonExaminer.com
And they were right. I am keeping my health coverage, no problem.

Let's see...

What should he do?
In her case Rightwinger, he can't get on her TriCare policy for free after the age of 24... he can be put on the family's tri care policy after the age of 24 if his parents/sponsors are still contributing at least 50% of his financial support and he is in college, but it cost $208 a month to add him.
So...if he wants to be independent, he can pony up that $208 a month. Easy Peasy.

Forum List

Back