So much for the 'Temporary' Inflation Spin

Democrats say this inflation is transitory.

Is that a lie?
There have been many huge financial service companies, from Goldman Sachs to LPL, who are saying the same thing. All you have to do is look. LPL said it this morning.

No one knows for sure. But anyone who makes simplistic assumptions based on incomplete evidence is voluntarily ignorant.

Around 7 trillion dollars was aded to the debt under the Trump Administration.

This was the highest in history.

Biden administration just got started. He'll surpass Trump.

There's not a nickel's worth of difference between a Keynesian and a Keynesian.

They're just passing the baton of fto each other at this point.

This whole red vs blue, D vs R reality tv attitude that drives perception of American leadership these days only ensures that th electorate is constantly kept bent over with one of em dry banging you on each end.

Wake up. There's been a better option in the last 4 general elections.

I'm beginning to think people like it on both ends.
Obama added over $9.3 trillion.

There have been many huge financial service companies, from Goldman Sachs to LPL, who are saying the same thing. All you have to do is look. LPL said it this morning.

No one knows for sure. But anyone who makes simplistic assumptions based on incomplete evidence is voluntarily ignorant.
Plus the cost of shipping a container went up because of the increase in traffic, what most people do not know is at times when the economic outlook is bad companies sell off their assets to salvage yards and shipping is a big dumper of assets in a recession or pandemic shut down and people get laid off and companies have to rehire and retrain.

Obama added over $9.3 trillion.
Oh, yeah, you're right.

I went back and looked.

So we're just gonna argue about which Keynesian out of the bunch we liked pounding us in the ass the best then?

Seems to me there's likely a deeper discussion to be had than that.

Last edited:
I have that conversation with my peers in the industry regularly. But thanks.

Yeah, you and your peers in the industry are a large part of the problem. The followers of Keynes have demonstrated themselves to be far, far worse than Keynes himself ever dreamed. Bunch of gosh darned leeches. lol.

Your peers in the industry don't even know what money is.

I'll take your rejection of any kind of elevated discussion on it beyond the letters D and R and the colors red and blue to mean that you already know how that conversation is going to end. Heh heh...

Last edited:

This whole red vs blue, D vs R reality tv attitude that drives perception of American leadership these days only ensures that th electorate is constantly kept bent over with one of em dry banging you on each end.

Wake up. There's been a better option in the last three general elections.

I'm beginning to think people like it.
Fixing what dumb Donald broke seems to be working, in spite of the Trumpanzees who attack President Biden and his Administration.

The GOP never once made hay out of Trump spending seven (?) + trillion dollars by cutting the taxes of both Corporations and the most wealthy of our citizens, giving a pittance by doubling the Standard Deduction to sunset in 2026.

Keep in mind the top two tax brackets were eliminated in the Ryan, Trump, McConnell Axis to reward the top 10% and, as I've posted already, their goal is this: "We've got ours, fuck the rest of you.

Looks like the numbers are official now. With the CPI up 5.4%, Biden is now presiding over inflation not seen since the beginning of the first Bush term.

Good job, Joe!

Nutcase ... July, 2008 ... 5.6% ...

Oh, yeah, you're right.

I went back and looked.

So we're just gonna argue about which Keynesian out of the bunch we liked pounding us in the ass the best then?

Seems to me there's likely a deeper discusion to be had than that.
No. My problem was that you lied about Trump adding the most. I'm for cutting spending drastically, by cutting the size of our government payroll...either by cutting salaries or cutting staff or a combination of both. Representatives do not deserve $175K for doing nothing. Pelosi doesn't deserve nearly a quarter of a million dollars a year for being an asshole.

We have entire departments that we do not need, like the Department of Education. Leave that to the states. Other departments could be cut in half.

Last edited:
Inflation doesn't come from the future it is a reflection of the past in the present.
Not it isn't.
That is old school.
In today's economy - economic reactions are 100 time faster than before.

A little secret... supply chains are getting worse now than ever before in 2020.
Deadly serious. We got some real problems just on the cusp.
Everything made with paper is about to get tricky. A lot of it is stuck at ports both here and abroad.
I buy paper by the ton, and holy shit it is getting difficult.
Just to get run of the mill 11 x 17 copy paper I had to go through 3 vendors and 4 different brands to get supplied.
All gloss sheets are now on allocation. That never happened in 2020.
Not just paper either. Chemicals, cleaning supplies etc. etc.
Yuo think inflation is bad now... it ain't even close to ending soon

Wake up. There's been a better option in the last 4 general elections.

I'm beginning to think people like it on both ends.
9.3 under Obama, 7.7 under Trump.....one term just for clarification. Blame the President's yes....won't matter until Congress gets off their ass.

Yeah, you and your peers in the industry are a large part of the problem. The followers of Keynes have demonstrated themselves to be far, far worse than Keynes himself ever dreamed. Bunch of gosh darned leeches. lol.

Your peers in the industry don't even know what money is.

I'll take your rejection of any kind of elevated discussion on it beyond the letters D and R and the colors red and blue to mean that you already know how that conversation is going to end. Heh heh...
It would end with Mac spitting and sputtering ... but...but...but TRUMP!!!
His head is completely filled with TRUMP!!!
TRUMP!! is his center of universe.

Not it isn't.
That is old school.

A little secret... supply chains are getting worse now than ever before in 2020.
Everything made with paper is about to get tricky. A lot of it is stuck at ports both here and abroad.
Just to get run of the mill 11 x 17 copy paper I had to go through 3 vendors and 4 different brands to get supplied.
And it is still something that happened in the past.

9.3 under Obama, 7.7 under Trump.....one term just for clarification. Blame the President's yes....won't matter until Congress gets off their ass.
And that's just debt. How about total spending? By FY...

Obama: 32.6t in 8 years -- 4.1t per year
Trump: 22.4t in 4 years --- 5.6t per year

They all suck. Don't expect Biden to be any better.

No. My problem was that you lied about Trump adding the most. I'm for cutting spending drastically, by cutting the size of our government payroll...either by cutting salaries or cutting staff or a combination of both. Representatives do not deserve $175K for doing nothing. Pelosi doesn't deserve nearly a quarter of a million dollars a year for being an asshole.

We have entire departments that we do not need, like the Department of Education. Leave that to the states. Other departments could be cut in half.

No, I didn't lie. I don't lie. I got caught up in the Biden vs Trump nonsense and totally forgot about Obama.

Admittedy, I do overlook things sometimes. We're not all perfect, of course. And it's an easy trap to fall into if one isn't always careful to avoid the smut which almost universally seems to dominate the direction of discussion.

Maybe I'll just make my own thread about inflation.

I'm not even confident that the majority of the American electorate even knows how to define inflation properly anyway.

As if I don't already have a guh zillion of em on that very thing.

Last edited:
Not it isn't.
That is old school.

Tell them to forget about using legal size pads.

Forum List

Back