So, Let's Talk Turkey

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Thankfully I don't have to get one this year, because Thanksgiving will not be held at my house, but I was just curious who all has theirs already.

Thankfully I don't have to get one this year, because Thanksgiving will not be held at my house, but I was just curious who all has theirs already.
15 pounds. I thought I'd better when a store had them for 99 cents a pound and I had room in the freezer. Got lots of pumpkins (Dickinson, the kind used for commercial canned pumpkin, very orange.) Really, everything: cubes of bread in the freezer, canned cranberry sauce, etc.

Got mine no problem. Going to be making my usual de-boned turkey. Been doing it for like 10 years now. Amazing way to prepare the turkey. Best part is when you are done it fits in a normal tuperware dish and the carcass is already in the trash.

I'd miss the week after turkey soup.. With matzo balls.. LOL..,

Going out this year...taking my girlfriend and my son and daughter and my grandkids out this year...the restaurants need the business...and I hate the clean up...of course nightcaps at my place after....

I hate turkey. We smoke hams or ribeyes. I like dressing, though, so we make up a lot of cornbread and make big pans of it to eat with cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and english peas.

Going out this year...taking my girlfriend and my son and daughter and my grandkids out this year...the restaurants need the business...and I hate the clean up...of course nightcaps at my place after....

We did Tex Mex a couple of years ago, may do it again this year. Good tamales are expensive but well worth it once in a while.

Go with duck or goose. Find one with those "orange sauce" packets and some real wild rice.,

I'm sure the Pilgrims had turkey supply chain problems and inflation some years. :biggrin:
I have never had goose. Never seen any for sale around here.
I love duck though. Throw that thing on the grill with some cherry and peach wood... 😍

I hate turkey. We smoke hams or ribeyes. I like dressing, though, so we make up a lot of cornbread and make big pans of it to eat with cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and english peas.
My mom always makes a huge pot of dressing. Half regular, the other half with oysters.
If you like oysters, you have to try it. I cant explain the relationship those 2 have together..

So, Let's Talk Turkey​

If you insist. :dunno:

LOL that's not exactly what I meant, but I'll go ahead and play along. :D (This song should say that Biden passed out passing gas though and for real I don't think he's invited to anybody's Thanksgiving dinner table. XD)

Forum List

Back